Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 175

Thread: Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax Plan

  1. #111
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,899

    Re: Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax P

    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Creek View Post
    This is a comment on Romney's tax plan...NOT Harvey Rosen, as your Weekly Standard talked about.

    Apples and oranges don't make for a good discussion.

    Explain yourself.
    Good Lord!!! Dude...do you REALLY need me to hold your hand and walk you through this whole thing??!!

    sigh...okay, have it your way:

    From The Weekly Standard article:

    "Even the studies that Romney has cited to claim his plan adds up still show he would need to raise middle-class taxes," said the Obama campaign press release. "In fact, Harvard economist Martin Feldstein and Princeton economist Harvey Rosen both concede that paying for Romney’s tax cuts would require large tax increases on families making between $100,000 and $200,000."
    From Obama's website:

    Even the studies that Romney has cited to claim his plan adds up still show he would need to raise middle class taxes. In fact, Harvard economist Martin Feldstein and Princeton economist Harvey Rosen both concede that paying for Romney’s tax cuts would require large tax increases on families making between $100,000 and $200,000.
    And now, Professor Rosen has called out Obama for "misrepresenting his paper on Romney's tax plan".

    Them's the facts, dude.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  2. #112
    Guru
    Muddy Creek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 09:02 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,103

    Re: Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax P

    Last night, the Obama campaign blasted out another email claiming that Mitt Romney's tax plan would either require raising taxes on the middle class or blowing a hole in the deficit. "Even the studies that Romney has cited to claim his plan adds up still show he would need to raise middle-class taxes," said the Obama campaign press release. "In fact, Harvard economist Martin Feldstein and Princeton economist Harvey Rosen both concede that paying for Romney’s tax cuts would require large tax increases on families making between $100,000 and $200,000."
    The email is where?

    YOur second article shows the President talking WHERE?
    Alex Carey:

    ... the 20th century has been characterized by three developments of great political importance: The growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.

    Australian social scientist, quoted by Noam Chomsky in World Orders Old and New

  3. #113
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,899

    Re: Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax P

    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Creek View Post
    The email is where?

    YOur second article shows the President talking WHERE?
    LOL!!! You are getting desperate...I can tell.

    Look, when the Obama campaign releases a statement, as they did on their website, they also send out emails to their subscribers. THAT is the email The Weekly Standard was referring to.

    Everything on Obama's campaign website are his words. He owns them. Are you seriously contending that Obama doesn't support what is presented on Barack Obama ???
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  4. #114
    Guru
    Muddy Creek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 09:02 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,103

    Re: Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax P

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    LOL!!! You are getting desperate...I can tell.

    Look, when the Obama campaign releases a statement, as they did on their website, they also send out emails to their subscribers. THAT is the email The Weekly Standard was referring to.

    Everything on Obama's campaign website are his words. He owns them. Are you seriously contending that Obama doesn't support what is presented on Barack Obama ???
    I'm not desperate but you sure are not answering my question. Where's the email?
    Alex Carey:

    ... the 20th century has been characterized by three developments of great political importance: The growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.

    Australian social scientist, quoted by Noam Chomsky in World Orders Old and New

  5. #115
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,007

    Re: Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax P

    Quote Originally Posted by 274ina View Post
    You have to include the puppets of the rich in the $200k to $10 mil area.

    Over $200k makes $3.125 T per year. Taxed 80% fixes USA.

    Its perfectly reasonable for them to take 80% of the revenue from my work.........
    So basically you want to place an artificial limit on the amount of income an individual can make at 200k, essentially telling people that the "American dream" of sorts is "capped" at that point. After such a point that one becomes successful enough to be earning more than 200k a year, they no longer have the freedom to work for their own profit but rather are forced by government to work for everyone else, as every $1 worth of work they do provides $0.8 to the government and only $0.2 to themselves. You wish to find a way for the government to essentially limit ones "Persuit of happinesss" once that individuals income hits a point YOU simply deem to be beyond what a person should be allowed to freely earn. While I would disagree, I could at least understand and not find reprehensible an argument that they should be taxed at a 49% rate over 200k. At least in that instance, a majority of their income that they earn through their work is still going to them rather than the government. But the moment you forcibly tell a man that he is no longer working primarily for himself, but is working for the Government essentially by providing hte majority of his income that he earns at that point to Government, then you enter into territory that I personally find morally reprehensable. No individual deserves more of the profits of an individuals labor than that individual themselves, unless that individual chooses on his own uncoerced volition to forgo those profits.

  6. #116
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,899

    Re: Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax P

    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Creek View Post
    I'm not desperate but you sure are not answering my question. Where's the email?
    Now...after your failed accusation that The Weekly Standard is lying and engaged in some plot to make Obama look bad...all you are left with is "Where is the email?".

    Really, dude...your credibility has sunk below my acceptance level.

    You are dismissed.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  7. #117
    Guru
    Muddy Creek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 09:02 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,103

    Re: Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax P

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Now...after your failed accusation that The Weekly Standard is lying and engaged in some plot to make Obama look bad...all you are left with is "Where is the email?".

    Really, dude...your credibility has sunk below my acceptance level.

    You are dismissed.

    Your whole argument is based on this "email" from Obama you believe magically exists because of the right wing slanted Weekly Standard assertion is shows up negatively for Obama.

    I may be dismissed by you, but you failed miserably, IMHO, to defend your opinion
    Alex Carey:

    ... the 20th century has been characterized by three developments of great political importance: The growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.

    Australian social scientist, quoted by Noam Chomsky in World Orders Old and New

  8. #118
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,899

    Re: Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax P

    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Creek View Post
    Your whole argument is based on this "email" from Obama you believe magically exists because of the right wing slanted Weekly Standard assertion is shows up negatively for Obama.

    I may be dismissed by you, but you failed miserably, IMHO, to defend your opinion
    You have already proven that you don't read all that's presented to you...and the part you DO read you misunderstand, so I'm not surprised that you missed the part where The Weekly Standard refers to both the Obama press release AND an email they received from Obama...both of which say the same thing. Now, I understand your reluctance to actually consider that Obama ****ed up, but your myopic focus on this "email" is ridiculous.

    In actuality, I HAVEN'T defended my opinion...because you haven't disputed my opinion. You've only refused to admit that the topic that generated my opinion exists. Kind of like...I can have an opinion that the sky is blue because of the way the sun's rays refract through the atmosphere and you deny that there is a sky.

    Anyway, dude...you are going to have to come up with something new to get another response from me.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  9. #119
    Guru
    Muddy Creek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 09:02 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,103

    Re: Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax P

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    You have already proven that you don't read all that's presented to you...and the part you DO read you misunderstand, so I'm not surprised that you missed the part where The Weekly Standard refers to both the Obama press release AND an email they received from Obama...both of which say the same thing. Now, I understand your reluctance to actually consider that Obama ****ed up, but your myopic focus on this "email" is ridiculous.

    In actuality, I HAVEN'T defended my opinion...because you haven't disputed my opinion. You've only refused to admit that the topic that generated my opinion exists. Kind of like...I can have an opinion that the sky is blue because of the way the sun's rays refract through the atmosphere and you deny that there is a sky.

    Anyway, dude...you are going to have to come up with something new to get another response from me.

    No, I proved that about you. YOu quote from the article some "email" which is the crux of your argument. You fail to produce any said email, despite my numerous requests.

    THEN you show a second source proving the President lied...which contained all the false tax information from Romney and NO quotes from the president..not even mentioning the president.

    Projectionism is a great, albeit old and worn out tactic from the right. YOU failed to present any validity in this topic. And then you rant some sour grapes back to me.
    Alex Carey:

    ... the 20th century has been characterized by three developments of great political importance: The growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.

    Australian social scientist, quoted by Noam Chomsky in World Orders Old and New

  10. #120
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,899

    Re: Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax P

    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Creek View Post
    No, I proved that about you. YOu quote from the article some "email" which is the crux of your argument. You fail to produce any said email, despite my numerous requests.

    THEN you show a second source proving the President lied...which contained all the false tax information from Romney and NO quotes from the president..not even mentioning the president.

    Projectionism is a great, albeit old and worn out tactic from the right. YOU failed to present any validity in this topic. And then you rant some sour grapes back to me.
    <yawn>

    Nothing new, I see.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •