Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 175

Thread: Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax Plan

  1. #91
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,733

    Re: Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax P

    Quote Originally Posted by Fruityfact View Post
    You tell me turtle, what's rational..funding the government via people who can afford it vs funding it the government via people who can't
    It's that simple Scrooge
    your existence is not a just claim on the wealth of others. when people get stuff they don't have to pay for they keep demanding more and more. and one day the wealthy won't have any more wealth to be looted and the dependent addicts will revolt

    and after that, there wont be as many dependent mouths to feed or as many people who are able to feed them

    Golden Geese have wings and if they are plucked too hard they tend to fly away

  2. #92
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax P

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I say fund a MUCH smaller government with everyone (except the poor) paying the exact same tax rate no matter how much you make (income or capital gains).
    Plus, when are people going to realize that the truly rich do not care much about income tax rates...they care about capital gains rates?
    The more you tax the middle class the more you hurt the average consumer..
    "Job creator" is just bullpoop
    Cap rates should be the same as WORKING rates
    Men do what they have to when they want to, Great men do what they have to, even when they don't want to.

  3. #93
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax P

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    your existence is not a just claim on the wealth of others. when people get stuff they don't have to pay for they keep demanding more and more. and one day the wealthy won't have any more wealth to be looted and the dependent addicts will revolt

    and after that, there wont be as many dependent mouths to feed or as many people who are able to feed them

    Golden Geese have wings and if they are plucked too hard they tend to fly away
    $40 trillion ain't going nowhere. Let's not pretend it's the rich people that are poor..that's an oxymoron
    Men do what they have to when they want to, Great men do what they have to, even when they don't want to.

  4. #94
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,733

    Re: Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax P

    Quote Originally Posted by Fruityfact View Post
    $40 trillion ain't going nowhere. Let's not pretend it's the rich people that are poor..that's an oxymoron
    that makes no sense to me. tell me why I should have a duty to pay more and more and more so you can have more and more and more without paying for it?

  5. #95
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,874

    Re: Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax P

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that makes no sense to me. tell me why I should have a duty to pay more and more and more so you can have more and more and more without paying for it?
    I will make the same request of you that I made of 247ina.

    Get your topic out of my thread, please.
    TANSTAAFL

    ďAn armed society is a polite society.Ē
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  6. #96
    Educator RenoCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 08:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    799

    Re: Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax P

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Plus, when are people going to realize that the truly rich do not care much about income tax rates...they care about capital gains rates?
    Yea, its not really about raising government revenues anyway. It will all be spent trying keep the new elites in power while they dole out breadcrumbs to their "temporary" servants. The real goal is to punish those darn rich people that make us so envious.
    "We have to get past the awful legacy of the last 8 years." Bill Clinton, 3/21/2016, in Spokane, WA while on the campaign trail for Hillary.

  7. #97
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,733

    Re: Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax P

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I will make the same request of you that I made of 247ina.

    Get your topic out of my thread, please.
    as you wish, I was merely responding to a post that came up when I clicked on it we all know that Obama misrepresented what the economist said

  8. #98
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax P

    Actually i just watched Jon Stewart clean Romney's bull&^% plan... i mean fiscally conservative plan. It's pretty clear, Romney's either a magician or he is being dishonest. Ill post the link whenever it become available
    Men do what they have to when they want to, Great men do what they have to, even when they don't want to.

  9. #99
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax P

    Quote Originally Posted by Fruityfact View Post
    You tell me turtle, what's rational..funding the government via people who can afford it vs funding it the government via people who can't
    It's that simple Scrooge
    Funny I thought the government serves all the people . If it does they shouldnít all the people fund a government that serves them as well
    I guess I need to be enlightened hereÖ please tell me what government services, someone making a million dollars a year uses more then you do ?? If you canít , then I need to know, why it is that a person making a million dollars a year .. Should fund anything more then you are expected too.

  10. #100
    Guru
    Muddy Creek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 09:02 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,103

    Re: Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax P

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Well, your ideas about the "baser nature of republicans" are all off-base in this issue.

    I guess you'll be moving on now that you've been proven wrong.

    I haven't been proven wrong. I showed proof of my position. That's being factually correct.
    Alex Carey:

    ... the 20th century has been characterized by three developments of great political importance: The growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.

    Australian social scientist, quoted by Noam Chomsky in World Orders Old and New

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •