Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 367

Thread: America’s Dumbest War, Ever

  1. #161
    Professor
    zstep18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,770

    Re: America’s Dumbest War, Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Like most liberals, you've seized on one issue as the reason for attacking Saddam and ignore the rest. If I remember correctly, there were some 25 or so reasons given by Bush BEFORE the invasion. WMD's was just one of them.
    Saddam was not the guy we should have gone after, after 9/11.

    I think that trumps any reason given for attacking Saddam.

  2. #162
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,873

    Re: America’s Dumbest War, Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by zstep18 View Post
    Saddam was not the guy we should have gone after, after 9/11.

    I think that trumps any reason given for attacking Saddam.
    Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11.

    Sorry, dude...I just took away your trump.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  3. #163
    Professor
    zstep18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,770

    Re: America’s Dumbest War, Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11.

    Sorry, dude...I just took away your trump.
    I'm confused. The fact that Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11 is the biggest reason why we should not have invaded Iraq.

  4. #164
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,584

    Re: America’s Dumbest War, Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Sure it's imperialistic. Why not?



    Sure it is. You've benefitted handsomely, too. Enjoy!
    I guess the difference is, I'd give back the money to have my fallen comrades back.
    Last edited by RabidAlpaca; 10-02-12 at 02:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  5. #165
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,209

    Re: America’s Dumbest War, Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Like most liberals, you've seized on one issue as the reason for attacking Saddam and ignore the rest. If I remember correctly, there were some 25 or so reasons given by Bush BEFORE the invasion. WMD's was just one of them.
    The rest have always been issues. It's only by using post-9/11 fear and "mushroom clouds" over American cities that Bush convinced us to go to war to track down those WMD's.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  6. #166
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: America’s Dumbest War, Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    Then you must be saying, "War is good business," let's have more of it, because it makes jobs for people. You are supporting the wars. OK, but don't try to make it sound innocent. It is ugly, evil policy. Just say, let's gin up some more chaos, mayhem, destruction and death. Don't be shy.
    I just saw this. Who was being shy?

  7. #167
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: America’s Dumbest War, Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    I guess the difference is, I'd give back the money to have my fallen comrades back.
    Guess so. Enjoy your high standard of living!

  8. #168
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: America’s Dumbest War, Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    The rest have always been issues. It's only by using post-9/11 fear and "mushroom clouds" over American cities that Bush convinced us to go to war to track down those WMD's.
    The real connection is that 9/11 compelled American polcymakers to take a more proactive stance with regards to the Middle East. No longer was it deemed to be prudent to be passive regarding the prerevolutionary atmosphere of the region that promotes extremist iedologies.

    That's your real answer. Leftists don't like it because it justifies the concept of the invasion. Rightists don't like it because it ignores the moral/tribal aspect of America being "good".

    It's just simple pragmatic thinking.

  9. #169
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,584

    Re: America’s Dumbest War, Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Guess so. Enjoy your high standard of living!
    Yes, the high standard of living in Germany, which has nothing to do with the war in afghanistan.

    "War is sweet to those that have no experience of it" ~ Pindar (518 BC – 438 BC)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  10. #170
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,873

    Re: America’s Dumbest War, Ever

    Quote Originally Posted by zstep18 View Post
    I'm confused. The fact that Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11 is the biggest reason why we should not have invaded Iraq.
    That's not true. Bush had numerous reasons to invade Iraq that had nothing to do with 9/11...and Congress, both Republicans and Democrats, agreed with him.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •