Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 252

Thread: 14 Wacky "Facts" Kids Will Learn in Louisiana's Voucher Schools

  1. #121
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: 14 Wacky "Facts" Kids Will Learn in Louisiana's Voucher Schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Because there is no honest answer to it and pretty much everyone here has seen through your apologetics.


    you have been told numerous time that I do not support slavery nor apologize for it... and yet you still continue to levy false charges against me.

    I honestly don't care what a compulsive liar thinks about me... but when you bring these idiot claims into he public eye, i'm forced to waste my time clarifying myself unnecessarily.
    it sure would be nice if the staff would step in in order to knock of your lies about me, but i do understand that intentionally lying is not against the forum rules, so there isn't much they can do.

    sooo.. if you would be so kind as to **** off and die, it would be appreciated.

  2. #122
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,056

    Re: 14 Wacky "Facts" Kids Will Learn in Louisiana's Voucher Schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    that would result in a slaveowner that beats, abuses, or kills his slaves being on the exact same level as a slaveowners that treated his slaves humanely or even "kindly"( educating them, not beating them, etc,etc.)
    is not one worse than another?

    I think it's a given that all slaveowners were bad/evil (given the fact that they engaged in slavery).... but i don't it's a given that all abused their slaves.
    there were, infact, slaveowners that took on a paternalistic ideology concerning their slaves.. they took on a moral responsibility and treated them like their "children" ( this was rare though).. a great number looked at it from a businesslike point of view, in that they treated slaves like an investment... the labor cash cow
    and then there was the abusers, also a great number.. who treated them with malicious cruelty.
    the "businessman" probably didn't treat them as badly as the "abuser", but he was worse than the "father figure".... if that makes sense.


    I don't think it's impossible to oppose slavery and still point out that not all slaveowners abused, beat, or killed their slaves.
    Yes... a parent who beats you to a pulp or kills you in front of the other children if you try to run away from home to set an example.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #123
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: 14 Wacky "Facts" Kids Will Learn in Louisiana's Voucher Schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    Actually, you've given me several. None has been honest. Play the victim all you want. The fact is, if you had a real argument, you'd have presented it by now. You're using my alleged collusion with Hatuey to justify this current bout of petulance. It's not very convincing.
    what have I been dishonest about... be specific.

    you picked up the liars talking points about me and ran with it without hesitation... I didn't ask you to or give you reason to... you chose to.

    I'll present arguments to those whom are deserving ( like CC, so far).. Hatuey has proven himself not to be deserving... you are well on your way.

  4. #124
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: 14 Wacky "Facts" Kids Will Learn in Louisiana's Voucher Schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Yes... a parent who beats you to a pulp or kills you in front of the other children if you try to run away from home to set an example.
    we are all aware that you believe every slave owner abused, beat and/or killed his slaves.... no need to reiterate

  5. #125
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,056

    Re: 14 Wacky "Facts" Kids Will Learn in Louisiana's Voucher Schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    we are all aware that you believe every slave owner abused, beat and/or killed his slaves.... no need to reiterate
    Who says that? Are you arguing slave owners didn't punish slaves who tried to run away? Again, this is the 4th page where you argue that they weren't all that terrible even though their entire position of slave owner is dependent on them instilling enough force and fear for the slaves to not run away. 6 posters have seen through your argument now. The writing is the wall my man.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #126
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: 14 Wacky "Facts" Kids Will Learn in Louisiana's Voucher Schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Who says that?
    you must be, beings that you are arguing against me
    Are you arguing slave owners didn't punish slaves who tried to run away?
    nope.. not arguing that at all... the law itself allowed for such things... but i wouldn't argue that all slaves ran away either..... many that didn't run, didn't get beat.

    Again, this is the 4th page where you argue that they weren't all that terrible even though their entire position of slave owner is dependent on them instilling enough force and fear for the slaves to not run away.
    not once have i argued that they weren't all that terrible... this is a lie you are putting out there... I have repeatedly said slavery is evil.. and I have even specifically that all slaveowners are evil....

    I have corrected you on my position multiple times now... and yet you continue to lie about it.
    not much i can do for you when you ignore my direct and specific statement that counter your claims about me... not much i can do to stop you from lying about me.... obviously such behavior is condoned by you and your buddies here ... and by the staff.





    6 posters have seen through your argument now. The writing is the wall my man.
    I don't know that 6 people here in this thread agree that i am a slavery apologist or a slavery supporter.... if there are, then that makes at least 6 people that are wholly incorrect... and you, the guy who keeps spreading lies.

  7. #127
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: 14 Wacky "Facts" Kids Will Learn in Louisiana's Voucher Schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    what have I been dishonest about... be specific.
    Your claims to have a real argument, and your reasons for failing to present that argument. I don't think you have a real argument. I think you're posturing to cover up that fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    you picked up the liars talking points about me and ran with it without hesitation... I didn't ask you to or give you reason to... you chose to.
    Aww. Did I hurt your feelings? Man up and get over it. Better yet, prove me wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    I'll present arguments to those whom are deserving ( like CC, so far).. Hatuey has proven himself not to be deserving... you are well on your way.
    And I'm increasingly convinced that you're telling yourself these things as a feeble attempt to justify your continued refusal to address my actual arguments.

    But that's neither here nor there. This is getting tedious. I won't be responding to any further posturing from you.

  8. #128
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: 14 Wacky "Facts" Kids Will Learn in Louisiana's Voucher Schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    Your claims to have a real argument, and your reasons for failing to present that argument. I don't think you have a real argument. I think you're posturing to cover up that fact.



    Aww. Did I hurt your feelings? Man up and get over it. Better yet, prove me wrong.



    And I'm increasingly convinced that you're telling yourself these things as a feeble attempt to justify your continued refusal to address my actual arguments.

    But that's neither here nor there. This is getting tedious. I won't be responding to any further posturing from you.
    yeah, I do tend to get offended when i'm lied about right to my face....it's generally what people do.

    odd that you would actually fault me for that, but whatever floats your boat

  9. #129
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,804

    Re: 14 Wacky "Facts" Kids Will Learn in Louisiana's Voucher Schools

    I'm trying to think what is good about slavery. So far, I haven't been able to think of anything. There are only degrees of bad. I suppose a really good slave holder is one who buys slaves and then immediately sets them free, but I don't know that that has ever happened.

  10. #130
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: 14 Wacky "Facts" Kids Will Learn in Louisiana's Voucher Schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    I'm trying to think what is good about slavery. So far, I haven't been able to think of anything. There are only degrees of bad. I suppose a really good slave holder is one who buys slaves and then immediately sets them free, but I don't know that that has ever happened.
    there ain't much good in slavery... nothing that comes remotely close to making up for slavery itself.

    I don't think i've ever heard of anyone buying a slave and immediately setting them free.... i've heard that some would allow slaves to work for their freedom, but hell, they kept them as slaves nonetheless... that earns them a "badguy" label too...

    on a side note, I hate that modern day slavery has a (nearly) blind eye pointed at it...the international sex slave business is paid lip service to by most... and that is just as egregious as the African slave trade.

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •