Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 86

Thread: Mom sues police/neighbor after she is arrested for letting her kids play outsi.[w:63]

  1. #21
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mom sues police and neighbor after she is arrested for letting her kids play outs

    My response was to your saying you would have "dragged" the child to the house and then calling the child "your trash" to the mother.

    IF she saw a 38 year old man "dragging" one of our children - or any child - the first that person who know she saw this would be with a laser sight on his chest and her SCREAMING "LET GO OF THAT CHILD AND MOVE BACK OR I WILL KILL YOU!" She is well rehearsed, literally, in situational training with officers in civilian dress, to do exactly that in a threat situation. She also is trained to have instinct reaction of actually firing by actually doing so using rounds with paintballs. 3 shots - chest-head-chest faster than the person could hit the ground. She is extraordinarily skilled.

    The last time I saw someone physically abusing a little child - now 8 years ago - under the store's video camera I broke both windows of a C-store beer cooler with his face and spent nearly 2 weeks in jail while they waited to see if he technically remained alive. He did, they let me go, and told me they wish they could do such as that to child abusers, but as officers they can't. I have a couple very deep "phobias" and one is men who hurt children. The other is men who poise a threat to me.

    Child on a person's yard hurts nothing - unless they are damaging the yard - so don't live in a neighborhood with children or DO fence your yard if seeing children outside is intolerable. We often have more children in our yard than we can count, though we live in a remote location with only the river and woodland swamp next door.

    There is a fundamental difference between someone who sees children playing outside and smiles thinking "oh how sweet" offering them cookies and someone who frowns and mumbles "damn little brats!" calling the police. My lady is the former. You seem the latter.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Mom sues police and neighbor after she is arrested for letting her kids play outs

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Who ever said committing treason was easy?
    Pretty much every place that I've looked at and talked to is current not interested in anyone looking to Immigrate from the United States at this time. So apparently I'm stuck here with you folks at least for a while longer.

  3. #23
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: Mom sues police and neighbor after she is arrested for letting her kids play outs

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    Yeah, right There's NO way she was arrested for that. I'm thinking there's a LOT more to the story that isn't mentioned in that short article.
    The neighbor called the cops alleging she hit one of the children with her car , it turned out to be a false report....

    According to this rendition of what occurred apparent an expert from the complaint, "Unknown Officer went across the street to talk with defendant Fuller. It was at this point that Fuller reported, for the first time, that she had struck one of Cooper's children with her vehicle as they played in the street," the complaint states. "Unknown Officer returned to Cooper's home, and after another conversation with Unknown Officer, Cooper was placed under arrest for the felony offenses of child endangerment and child abandonment.

    Never at any point were any of Cooper's children hit by a car as they played in the street. Moreover, Cooper was observing her children the entire time they were outside on the date of her arrest and thus could not plausibly have abandoned them. Despite the fact that Fuller alleged she had hit one of the children with her vehicle, no medical response was called for or needed as it was obvious that neither child had been hit by a car or was hurt in any way. Interestingly, Fuller was never confronted about her lie regarding striking the child with the car."

    https://www.courthousenews.com/2012/09/07/50051.htm
    Last edited by Connery; 09-20-12 at 12:19 PM.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Mom sues police and neighbor after she is arrested for letting her kids play outs

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    My response was to your saying you would have "dragged" the child to the house and then calling the child "your trash" to the mother.
    I have no doubt that you and your wife have those skills. I also know that the two of you are decidedly the exceptions rather than the rule. I find that most parents these days have no idea where their children are and what they're doing, so the first they'd likely know of the situation would be my knock on the door. Even fewer of them have the skills, abilities, tools, or willingness to do the sorts of things you, your wife, and I are able to.

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Child on a person's yard hurts nothing - unless they are damaging the yard - so don't live in a neighborhood with children or DO fence your yard if seeing children outside is intolerable. We often have more children in our yard than we can count, though we live in a remote location with only the river and woodland swamp next door.
    I disagree. Having that child on my property places me at risk of liability if Sweet Lil Suzie falls and breaks her arm or the like. Trust me, the sorts of places I would prefer to live would not have children in the neighborhood, or would allow for me to have the sort of fence I want. Not everyone has those options.

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    There is a fundamental difference between someone who sees children playing outside and smiles thinking "oh how sweet" and someone who frowns and mumbles "damn little brats!"
    Yes their is. I would call that difference NAIVETE.

  5. #25
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,361

    Re: Mom sues police and neighbor after she is arrested for letting her kids play outs

    La port is a small town not far from me. Some of the small town police forces are a little
    over zealous. It does sound like there is more to the story than is being reported.
    I will try to ask around to see if anyone knows the back story.

  6. #26
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,697

    Re: Mom sues police and neighbor after she is arrested for letting her kids play outs

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    The neighbor called the cops alleging she hit one of the children with her car , it turned out to be a false report....

    According to this rendition of what occurred apparent an expert from the complaint, "Unknown Officer went across the street to talk with defendant Fuller. It was at this point that Fuller reported, for the first time, that she had struck one of Cooper's children with her vehicle as they played in the street," the complaint states. "Unknown Officer returned to Cooper's home, and after another conversation with Unknown Officer, Cooper was placed under arrest for the felony offenses of child endangerment and child abandonment.

    Never at any point were any of Cooper's children hit by a car as they played in the street. Moreover, Cooper was observing her children the entire time they were outside on the date of her arrest and thus could not plausibly have abandoned them. Despite the fact that Fuller alleged she had hit one of the children with her vehicle, no medical response was called for or needed as it was obvious that neither child had been hit by a car or was hurt in any way. Interestingly, Fuller was never confronted about her lie regarding striking the child with the car."

    https://www.courthousenews.com/2012/09/07/50051.htm
    There should be a good story behind what got this all started.

  7. #27
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: Mom sues police and neighbor after she is arrested for letting her kids play outs

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    There should be a good story behind what got this all started.
    She is an angry person right about now..... Here is a copy of the complaint itself.

    "Cooper spent 18 hours in custody. Cooper spent over $7,000 in court and legal fees before the unsubstantiated felony charges against her were dismissed. The incident also led to an investigation by Child Protective Services, requiring Cooper to take her children to the CPS office in Houston. Her children were separated from her and interrogated by child abuse investigators. CPS found no cause for concern regarding the well being of Cooper’s children and dropped the investigation"
    http://www.courthousenews.com/2012/09/07/LaPorte.pdf

  8. #28
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Mom sues police and neighbor after she is arrested for letting her kids play outs

    Okay, let's make an assumption that the neighbor who made the call isn't psychotic. If that's the case, then she made the call in good faith. Either mom wasn't outside on a lawn chair supervising her kids...or she didn't see her sitting there. I don't know what kind of neighborhood they live in, but if they have attached garages and driveways? Riding scooters to-fro can be dangerous. I know, because I have one of those driveways and have to be very careful backing out because of kids on scooters. Some of them sit low to the ground, and they're difficult to see.

    I'm also going to make the assumption that the LEO wasn't an idiot. There's more to this story, in my opinion.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  9. #29
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,937

    Re: Mom sues police and neighbor after she is arrested for letting her kids play outs

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Pretty much every place that I've looked at and talked to is current not interested in anyone looking to Immigrate from the United States at this time. So apparently I'm stuck here with you folks at least for a while longer.
    Are you really thinking about moving there? or did a miss a joke in some other thread?

  10. #30
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Mom sues police and neighbor after she is arrested for letting her kids play outs

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Yes their is. I would call that difference NAIVETE.
    Perhaps, but even if the person who says "damn little brats!" isn't naive, they are almost certainly a douche.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •