Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 103

Thread: Dr Pepper Evolution Ad Creates Controversy on Facebook

  1. #71
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Dr Pepper Evolution Ad Creates Controversy on Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Another way I lawfully and peacefully stand up for my belief that creationism is an outdated, irrational belief straight out of the dark ages is lawfuly and peacefully stating, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that I believe creationism is an outdated, irrational belief straight out of the dark ages.


    Isn't it hilarious when someone contradicts himself in the very next sentence?
    I wouldn't know, since I haven't contradicted myself. Anybody is free to believe anything they want. But this idea that you are espousing, that people must believe like you or they are wrong and bad, that kind of thinking SHOULD have gone out with the dark ages. You disappoint me by demonstrating that it hasn't.

  2. #72
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Dr Pepper Evolution Ad Creates Controversy on Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    I wouldn't know, since I haven't contradicted myself. Anybody is free to believe anything they want. But this idea that you are espousing, that people must believe like you or they are wrong and bad, that kind of thinking SHOULD have gone out with the dark ages. You disappoint me by demonstrating that it hasn't.
    That's the most asinine statement ever. The very basis for this SITE is that there are correct and incorrect (right and wrong) opinions, approaches, ideologies, methodologies, etc.

    Is it right or wrong to stab a random person walking to their car in a parking lot?
    Is it right or wrong to steal money from your employer?
    Is it right or wrong to piss on the American flag (I'm so ready to make a play on this one, so tread carefully)?

    If I believe it is wrong to starve animals to death, and somebody else supports starving animals to death, there's nothing wrong with me believing they're wrong or even that they're bad for espousing such beliefs.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  3. #73
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Dr Pepper Evolution Ad Creates Controversy on Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    I wouldn't know, since I haven't contradicted myself.
    Nonsense. You contradicted yourself when instead of applauding people for standing up for their beliefs lawfully and peacefully, you chastised them for doing so.

    But this idea that you are espousing, that people must believe like you or they are wrong and bad...
    Don't be stupid on top of oblivious, Guy. I never espoused anything like that at all.

    I wholeheartedly support everyone's right to believe any old retarded and irrational thing that they want.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Dr Pepper Evolution Ad Creates Controversy on Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    That's the most asinine statement ever. The very basis for this SITE is that there are correct and incorrect (right and wrong) opinions, approaches, ideologies, methodologies, etc.

    Is it right or wrong to stab a random person walking to their car in a parking lot?
    Is it right or wrong to steal money from your employer?
    Is it right or wrong to piss on the American flag (I'm so ready to make a play on this one, so tread carefully)?

    If I believe it is wrong to starve animals to death, and somebody else supports starving animals to death, there's nothing wrong with me believing they're wrong or even that they're bad for espousing such beliefs.
    Simmer down and have a Dr Pepper!

  5. #75
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Last Seen
    10-30-15 @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    922

    Re: Dr Pepper Evolution Ad Creates Controversy on Facebook

    People are free to believe what they want.

    OTOH, I think that bible literalists are neither the most sophisticated nor the most educated nor the deepest religious thinkers on the planet.
    Belief in mythology and rejection of reality indicates to me that they aren't the bightest bulbs in the box.

    But they are free to believe.
    My Karma ran over your Dogma.

  6. #76
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Dr Pepper Evolution Ad Creates Controversy on Facebook

    I still don't get why evolution is controversial. Organisms evole, that's not an opinion, it's observeable fact. It's the nature of life, it happened.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  7. #77
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Dr Pepper Evolution Ad Creates Controversy on Facebook

    I grew up by the Dr Pepper plant! I'm a Pepper you're a Pepper com on be a Pepper too.

    Pepper up at 10, 2 and 4

  8. #78
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Dr Pepper Evolution Ad Creates Controversy on Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonsa View Post
    People are free to believe what they want.

    OTOH, I think that bible literalists are neither the most sophisticated nor the most educated nor the deepest religious thinkers on the planet.
    Belief in mythology and rejection of reality indicates to me that they aren't the bightest bulbs in the box.

    But they are free to believe.
    That is an unfortunate way to think. I believe in evolution myself, but there are plenty of people who do not who have well thought out reasons for rejecting the scientific explanation, and these people are typically not stupid.

    Why not judge people for who they are instead of their religious views?

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Dr Pepper Evolution Ad Creates Controversy on Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I grew up by the Dr Pepper plant! I'm a Pepper you're a Pepper com on be a Pepper too.

    Pepper up at 10, 2 and 4
    yEAH i WANNA BE A PEPPER TOO!

  10. #80
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Dr Pepper Evolution Ad Creates Controversy on Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    That is an unfortunate way to think.
    You're supposed to applaud him, not correct him.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •