Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 130

Thread: REPORTS: No Live Ammo for Marines

  1. #81
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,626

    Re: REPORTS: No Live Ammo for Marines

    Clown-
    Thinking you didn't serve in any sort of a combat unit as Mattel toy comes straight from there... these days it is mouse gun or musket when referring to the older M16 series vs the M4 types.

    You would have done beaucoup push-ups for referring to the 20 round mag as a clip in training, it would have been beaten out of your had because clips are not magazines and telling your squad leader you are down to your last clip means you ran through ALL your ammo to include the bandoleer. Maybe clerks were not so strict.

    Combat vets don't use right as affirmative either, right is a direction- check, affirm, roger that, keyrect mean 'right'. Do you know what humping alice means? how about humping the Pric? Ever daisy chained some frags?

    Interesting you claim to have used clip for mag.

    Your support group... they were Marine Embassy Guards?

    You sound like those guys who believe bloggers claiming 9-11 was an inside job and refuse to believe official reports because it is from the lying gubmint...

    No Sir, again you are very biased on what is a staple of American Presidents. Guiding the nation in peace and prosperity is what is the Presidential staple. Reagan, Bush, and BushII have shown us just how badly being the swaggering cowboy or going into endless commitments in failed states turns out for the nation.

    Firm but fair, not hardline is more like it.

    Now one more thing when you go to your support group-

    ask them how many other Marines were with them manning the Embassy... Ya'll seem to think an entire Expeditionary Force mans each and every outpost we have around the world...

  2. #82
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,874

    Re: REPORTS: No Live Ammo for Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    So what you're telling me is, you don't have any evidence the Marines weren't caring ammo except for what some blog says, which is is again wrong, but you believe it still may be the case because you feel in your heart that Obama may be lying on this one?
    And you believe the blog is wrong because Obama tells you so.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: REPORTS: No Live Ammo for Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    And you believe the blog is wrong because Obama tells you so.
    Because the Pentagon told me so, also because the blog HAS NO SOURCE. The Pentagon is a source of authority to speak on the matters of the military, the reason should be self evident I hope. The blog has no author, no contact information for questions, no quotes from any individuals, no links or references to outside material, etc... The question of who to believe should be obvious.

    If its shown that the Marines weren't allowed to carry live ammo within the embassy in Cairo itself I would totally agree that the Ambassador made a serious mistake in giving that direction, but nothing supports that assertion except some anonymous writing on the internet

  4. #84
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,874

    Re: REPORTS: No Live Ammo for Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Because the Pentagon told me so, also because the blog HAS NO SOURCE. The Pentagon is a source of authority to speak on the matters of the military, the reason should be self evident I hope. The blog has no author, no contact information for questions, no quotes from any individuals, no links or references to outside material, etc... The question of who to believe should be obvious.

    If its shown that the Marines weren't allowed to carry live ammo within the embassy in Cairo itself I would totally agree that the Ambassador made a serious mistake in giving that direction, but nothing supports that assertion except some anonymous writing on the internet
    The Pentagon takes its orders from the Commander-In-Chief...you know that habitual liar named Obama.

    Why should I trust anything the Pentagon says?
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: REPORTS: No Live Ammo for Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    The Pentagon takes its orders from the Commander-In-Chief...you know that habitual liar named Obama.

    Why should I trust anything the Pentagon says?
    Do you have any evidence to support your position that Marines weren't allowed to carry ammo? No.
    Do you have any evidence Obama is manipulating what the Pentagon is saying? No
    End of story.

    Still believe what your saying? Congratulations you've just entered the realm of conspiracy theories where facts have no meaning and evidence and proof aren't needed because the lack of proof is proof itself. Hell perhaps you even believe I'm arguing against you because being a member of the military I'm also under Obama's authority. Hell it says right on my commission that I serve at the pleasure of the President of the United States.

  6. #86
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,874

    Re: REPORTS: No Live Ammo for Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Do you have any evidence to support your position that Marines weren't allowed to carry ammo? No.
    Do you have any evidence Obama is manipulating what the Pentagon is saying? No
    End of story.

    Still believe what your saying? Congratulations you've just entered the realm of conspiracy theories where facts have no meaning and evidence and proof aren't needed because the lack of proof is proof itself. Hell perhaps you even believe I'm arguing against you because being a member of the military I'm also under Obama's authority. Hell it says right on my commission that I serve at the pleasure of the President of the United States.
    LOL!!

    Dude, not to minimize your position (whatever that may be) in the military, I seriously doubt you are at a level at which you are receiving direct orders from the President. You probably don't need to worry much about arguing for or against Obama.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  7. #87
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: REPORTS: No Live Ammo for Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Why should I trust anything the Pentagon says?
    because you have for the last decade under Bush? Because you are an American patriot?
    PeteEU

  8. #88
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,874

    Re: REPORTS: No Live Ammo for Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    because you have for the last decade under Bush? Because you are an American patriot?
    Actually, under Bush I trusted what Bush said and commended the Pentagon for their strategies in fighting wars. I don't recall the Pentagon running interference for a lying Bush.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  9. #89
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,833

    Re: REPORTS: No Live Ammo for Marines

    In addition to denying that others in this forum may have opinions as valid as his own, the poster also reveals that he hasn't bothered to read anything not approved by Roger Ailes

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Actually, under Bush I trusted what Bush said and commended the Pentagon for their strategies in fighting wars. I don't recall the Pentagon running interference for a lying Bush.
    Trusting what Bush said has been shown to be a losing proposition.

    The DoD does fight our enemies with the best strategies allowed by their lords and masters. To think that the top guys in the Pentagon were in favour of attacking Iraq is laughably absurd BUT once they had received the orders, America's military did the best job they could do given the thinking exemplified by Rumsfeld's statements

    Army Spc. Thomas Wilson of the 278th Regimental Combat Team, asked Sec of Defense Rumsfeld a question: "Why do we soldiers have to dig through local landfills for pieces of scrap metal and compromised ballistic glass to up-armor our vehicles?"
    Rumsfeld's answer. "You go to war with the army you have." Besides, you can have all the armor in the world on a tank and it can be blown up." Was seen by many as denigrating the sacrifices of the US military by seemingly telling this soldier and his comrades that any failures were partially their fault because they weren't the army that Rumsfeld wanted.

    then there was the infamous, known unknowns statement
    [T]here are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns – the ones we don't know we don't know.
    and that was the man George W Bush chose to run the DoD
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  10. #90
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,874

    Re: REPORTS: No Live Ammo for Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    In addition to denying that others in this forum may have opinions as valid as his own, the poster also reveals that he hasn't bothered to read anything not approved by Roger Ailes



    Trusting what Bush said has been shown to be a losing proposition.

    The DoD does fight our enemies with the best strategies allowed by their lords and masters. To think that the top guys in the Pentagon were in favour of attacking Iraq is laughably absurd BUT once they had received the orders, America's military did the best job they could do given the thinking exemplified by Rumsfeld's statements

    Army Spc. Thomas Wilson of the 278th Regimental Combat Team, asked Sec of Defense Rumsfeld a question: "Why do we soldiers have to dig through local landfills for pieces of scrap metal and compromised ballistic glass to up-armor our vehicles?"
    Rumsfeld's answer. "You go to war with the army you have." Besides, you can have all the armor in the world on a tank and it can be blown up." Was seen by many as denigrating the sacrifices of the US military by seemingly telling this soldier and his comrades that any failures were partially their fault because they weren't the army that Rumsfeld wanted.

    then there was the infamous, known unknowns statement


    and that was the man George W Bush chose to run the DoD
    Rumsfeld was correct in both quotes, but that has nothing to do with my statement. It's simply your opinion of Rumsfeld...and Bush by extension. You've made no mention of the Pentagon running interference for a lying Bush.

    Seems to me your whole post was a wasted, irrelevant bunch of liber...er, excuse me, socialist...blather.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •