Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 130

Thread: REPORTS: No Live Ammo for Marines

  1. #111
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:12 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,809

    Re: REPORTS: No Live Ammo for Marines

    Reminds me of the Aliens line where they are first going in to find the civilians and the Srg. tells them to collect ammo because Ripley realized that they are under the coolent part of the factory or whatever and Frost replies... "what are we supposed to use man, harsh language".

    Luckily Vasquez doesn't listen and screams "LET'S ROCK!" as she opens a can of whoopass on the Aliens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #112
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,541
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: REPORTS: No Live Ammo for Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I'm not responsible for what other people say or believe, nor am I responsible for whatever stereotypes you have, what I'm responsible for is what I say and what I say alone. And I have never questioned the credibility of the Pentagon, and if I ever were I would certainly have some facts in hand before doing so. Sorry you can't say "Other people have made a certain argument that contradicts your own, therefore you're a hypocrite."
    Of course, it's possible that a liberal could regard the Pentagon as reliable. It's still surprising to see it happen.

    Let me ask you a question, does the Pentagon have any credibility with you?
    No. I trust no bureaucracy. Most especially when El Jefe is in CYA mode, as I alluded to earlier.

    Of course, it is also possible that the Administration and the Pentagon are being as pure and truthful as the driven snow, but ... what are the odds?

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: REPORTS: No Live Ammo for Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    Of course, it's possible that a liberal could regard the Pentagon as reliable. It's still surprising to see it happen.

    No. I trust no bureaucracy. Most especially when El Jefe is in CYA mode, as I alluded to earlier.

    Of course, it is also possible that the Administration and the Pentagon are being as pure and truthful as the driven snow, but ... what are the odds?
    You completely missed my point, for a libertarian you have a difficult time understanding the concept of an individual because you seem to insist on lumping me in with whoever else you define as liberal. You can trust or distrust whatever you like, but I certainly hope you don't also believe Marines in Cairo weren't allowed to carry ammo.

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: REPORTS: No Live Ammo for Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    You completely missed my point, for a libertarian you have a difficult time understanding the concept of an individual because you seem to insist on lumping me in with whoever else you define as liberal. You can trust or distrust whatever you like, but I certainly hope you don't also believe Marines in Cairo weren't allowed to carry ammo.
    He didn't miss your point . He avoided it.

  5. #115
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,541
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: REPORTS: No Live Ammo for Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    He didn't miss your point . He avoided it.
    No, that point was addressed in my first sentence, which is to say that it was beside the point. Which is to say that Wiseone may have opinion A but the group that he usually agrees with has opinion B, or used to have that opinion in contrast to their current opinion in general, which is the point. I don't know why I've got to consider his opinion outside of any context or background. Lord knows I've been reminded many times that a Libertarian is supposed to think X or Y when I think Z. Wiseone used that one on me himself in a previous message even as he was complaining that I don't consider his individual opinion.

    Humans tend to think in categories of people and things lumped together according to shared characteristics. Sometimes this is good and sometimes bad, but it's hardly something that people are going to stop doing.

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: REPORTS: No Live Ammo for Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    No, that point was addressed in my first sentence, which is to say that it was beside the point. Which is to say that Wiseone may have opinion A but the group that he usually agrees with has opinion B, or used to have that opinion in contrast to their current opinion in general, which is the point. I don't know why I've got to consider his opinion outside of any context or background. Lord knows I've been reminded many times that a Libertarian is supposed to think X or Y when I think Z. Wiseone used that one on me himself in a previous message even as he was complaining that I don't consider his individual opinion.

    Humans tend to think in categories of people and things lumped together according to shared characteristics. Sometimes this is good and sometimes bad, but it's hardly something that people are going to stop doing.
    The point you avoided was that when you paint with a broad brush, as you did, you start from a losing position.

    Add to that when you delve into conspiracies, you stand little chance at all.

  7. #117
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,541
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: REPORTS: No Live Ammo for Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    The point you avoided was that when you paint with a broad brush, as you did, you start from a losing position.
    So, it's overly broad to say that liberals distrust the Pentagon? Really?

    Perhaps I paint with an overly broad brush again, but I've noticed that among liberals there is seldom any opposition to the proposition that "conservatives are stupid." So perhaps it just depends on whose ox is being gored.

    Add to that when you delve into conspiracies, you stand little chance at all.
    What conspiracy? That Obama is trying to cover his ass about his current foreign policy debacle? If that's a conspiracy theory then I'd rank it as an especially plausible one.

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: REPORTS: No Live Ammo for Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    So, it's overly broad to say that liberals distrust the Pentagon? Really?
    You still don't get it. Of course it is. And you were wrong for assuming wiseone distrusted the Pentagon without knowing where he stands on that. But then again, that's what happens when you paint with a broad brush because you're prejudiced.

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post

    What conspiracy? That Obama is trying to cover his ass about his current foreign policy debacle? If that's a conspiracy theory then I'd rank it as an especially plausible one.
    You're claiming Marines were in harms way without ammo when, not only is there no evidence to support that, but there is evidence to support that is not true ... yet you accept the unverifiable story over the verifiable account.

    That's a conspiracy theory.

  9. #119
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New York, New York
    Last Seen
    03-11-16 @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    551

    Re: REPORTS: No Live Ammo for Marines

    I hope the person responsible for the decision to prevent the troops from using live ammo is immediately removed from their position.

  10. #120
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: REPORTS: No Live Ammo for Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    From my own first-hand experiences in the U.S. Army, I know exactly what it feels like to not be allowed to perform your duty.

    Ms. Patterson is an idiot.
    Same here. Right after the North Koreans launched a missile into the Jap sea, we got sent so close to the DMZ you could see the strips of red on the NKA uniforms with some ****ty binoculars. Tensions were high, anything could have happened during the show of force exercise. They gave us blanks.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •