Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 130

Thread: REPORTS: No Live Ammo for Marines

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: REPORTS: No Live Ammo for Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    My opinion is good enough for me. Especially in my own thread.

    Trying to rebut my opinion by talking about something unrelated is kind of stupid, though.
    That's great, I'm just saying that by any kind of objective standards your opinion has no validity because its completely unsupported by any kinds of facts or evidence. But hey if thats good enough for you then its good enough for you, no one can make you have a different opinion, but it seems like kind of a low standard, are you sure you aren't intelligent enough to do a little better?

  2. #102
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,842

    Re: REPORTS: No Live Ammo for Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    That's great, I'm just saying that by any kind of objective standards your opinion has no validity because its completely unsupported by any kinds of facts or evidence. But hey if thats good enough for you then its good enough for you, no one can make you have a different opinion, but it seems like kind of a low standard, are you sure you aren't intelligent enough to do a little better?
    Sooo....

    What I'm sensing here is that you are grousing about me having an opinion, you not liking or agreeing with my opinion and so you want to make a big deal about it...and then you see fit to question my intelligence.

    shrug...

    Maybe you should ask me if I care what you think, eh? But you probably already know the answer to that.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  3. #103
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,158

    Re: REPORTS: No Live Ammo for Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    Are you freeking kidding? Damn right they were saying that, and a lot of other stuff besides. Like how America was finally getting it's comeuppance. Like how some liberals felt nauseated to see so many American flags flying from windows.

    Here is a review of the problems with the left's response to 9-11 from a member of the left:

    http://dissentmagazine.org/democrati.../d12Cottee.pdf
    Oh Okay...so we're playing that game...you delve into the fring of the left to validate what is being said by mainstream conservatives from Romney to Krauthammer.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  4. #104
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,549
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: REPORTS: No Live Ammo for Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Oh Okay...so we're playing that game...you delve into the fring of the left to validate what is being said by mainstream conservatives from Romney to Krauthammer.
    Yeah, the "fringe." Obama's pastor. A prominent writer at the New York Times. Some of the writers at the Nation. Fringe guys like that.

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

  5. #105
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,549
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: REPORTS: No Live Ammo for Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I think they understand at least that you need a source to back up claims you make before people are going to believe you. That's how facts work you know. "In my opinion" is not good enough dude.
    In your opinion.

    If the object is to state one's own opinion, then of course his opinion is good enough. The individual is the ultimate authority for his own opinion, ipso facto.

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: REPORTS: No Live Ammo for Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    In your opinion.

    If the object is to state one's own opinion, then of course his opinion is good enough. The individual is the ultimate authority for his own opinion, ipso facto.
    Thank you Mr. Obvious, of course one has the right to one's own opinion. However, there are times where one's opinion is wrong, not "I disagree" kind of wrong, but plain purely factually wrong. This is one of those times.

  7. #107
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,549
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: REPORTS: No Live Ammo for Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Because the Pentagon told me so, also because the blog HAS NO SOURCE. The Pentagon is a source of authority to speak on the matters of the military, the reason should be self evident I hope.
    Once again I'm astonished by how much credibility the Pentagon has with liberals all of a sudden. I guess if you don't want liberals constantly undermining the war effort, undermining the military and attacking the Pentagon you've got to elect a Democratic president.

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

  8. #108
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,549
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: REPORTS: No Live Ammo for Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Thank you Mr. Obvious, of course one has the right to one's own opinion. However, there are times where one's opinion is wrong, not "I disagree" kind of wrong, but plain purely factually wrong. This is one of those times.
    If you dispute his facts then say that his facts are wrong, not that his opinion is wrong. It's also helpful if you say which facts you're disputing.

    By the way, "the Pentagon is the authority on military matters" might be a fact, but it doesn't help settle the issue of what happened in Libya one bit for reasons that used to obvious to liberals.

    There is also the sorry spectacle of Ambassador Rice lying through her teeth to shield the Obama Administration from criticism for this debacle even while the President of Libya patiently explains why it can't have been a spontaneous uprising over some movie. If the Administration can debase the office of Ambassador that way then there's very damn little they won't do, including ordering the Pentagon to lie as well.

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: REPORTS: No Live Ammo for Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    Once again I'm astonished by how much credibility the Pentagon has with liberals all of a sudden. I guess if you don't want liberals constantly undermining the war effort, undermining the military and attacking the Pentagon you've got to elect a Democratic president.
    I'm not responsible for what other people say or believe, nor am I responsible for whatever stereotypes you have, what I'm responsible for is what I say and what I say alone. And I have never questioned the credibility of the Pentagon, and if I ever were I would certainly have some facts in hand before doing so. Sorry you can't say "Other people have made a certain argument that contradicts your own, therefore you're a hypocrite."

    Let me ask you a question, does the Pentagon have any credibility with you? If it does, why the hell is that statement not good enough for you? If it doesn't, then aren't you just as bad as all those liberals?

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: REPORTS: No Live Ammo for Marines

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    If you dispute his facts then say that his facts are wrong, not that his opinion is wrong. It's also helpful if you say which facts you're disputing.

    By the way, "the Pentagon is the authority on military matters" might be a fact, but it doesn't help settle the issue of what happened in Libya one bit for reasons that used to obvious to liberals.

    There is also the sorry spectacle of Ambassador Rice lying through her teeth to shield the Obama Administration from criticism for this debacle even while the President of Libya patiently explains why it can't have been a spontaneous uprising over some movie. If the Administration can debase the office of Ambassador that way then there's very damn little they won't do, including ordering the Pentagon to lie as well.
    He has no facts, thats why his opinion is wrong. I'd love to attack his supporting evidence rather than his conclusion, but he doesn't have any and freely admits it.

    I guess you haven't been following this story at all, the claims that Marines weren't allow to carry live ammo is about Egypt, not Libya, this whole topic has nothing to do with Libya. Read up next time, click on a few new sources linked here, because you just showed you don't even know what is going on.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •