Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 207

Thread: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

  1. #1
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    http://politicaloutcast.com/2012/09/...#ixzz25XMgXs96
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #2
    Educator
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 11:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    912

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    And not just any ID...a photo ID. But what about the poor? And the minorities? And the elderly? How many will miss the convention because of their inability to acquire an ID?

  3. #3
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Remarkable. This should be broadcast over every major network until election. The old dem NIMBY behavior reasserts itself yet again.

  4. #4
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    I had to borrow this. Spreading your wealth in the name of civil rights

    Liberals are so intent on blocking voter ID requirements because they know that their fellow-liberals are some of the biggest voter-cheats. They wouldn’t cash a check given to them by someone claiming to be the person the check is made out to, but they’re willing to look the other way for the potential of voter fraud in order put people in office who write checks to keep the wealth distributors in office.

    Read more: You
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  5. #5
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Liberals are so intent on blocking voter ID requirements because they know that their fellow-liberals are some of the biggest voter-cheats. They wouldn’t cash a check given to them by someone claiming to be the person the check is made out to, but they’re willing to look the other way for the potential of voter fraud in order put people in office who write checks to keep the wealth distributors in office.
    And yet...still no evidence of widespread voter fraud in this country. Come on, show some statistics that prove your case that we need voter IDs. If voter fraud is truly this widespread problem, then it shouldn't be difficult for you to produce some EVIDENCE of it instead of just bitching about "the liberals."
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  6. #6
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:35 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,719

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by jerry7 View Post
    And not just any ID...a photo ID. But what about the poor? And the minorities? And the elderly? How many will miss the convention because of their inability to acquire an ID?
    I just looked in my handy dandy copy of the official US Constitution. It mentions the right to vote five times in five different places. Sadly, it never mentions the right to attend a political convention.

    Equating opposition to an effort to diminsh and supress the Constitutional right to vote in pubic elections with an effort to maintain security at a private function is ludicrous and outright ridiculous.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #7
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,368

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    In Pennsylvania there are procedures for getting and using a non-photo voter ID.

  8. #8
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    And yet...still no evidence of widespread voter fraud in this country. Come on, show some statistics that prove your case that we need voter IDs. If voter fraud is truly this widespread problem, then it shouldn't be difficult for you to produce some EVIDENCE of it instead of just bitching about "the liberals."

    At least as much "evidence" as there is of political convention attendance fraud. However, it may be the secret service requiring the IDs.

  9. #9
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    At least as much "evidence" as there is of political convention attendance fraud.
    The difference is that they shouldn't NEED any evidence of "political convention attendance fraud" in order to keep people out of their private event. That's very different than alleged voter fraud and voter IDs, which are a matter of public policy and civil rights.

    However, it may be the secret service requiring the IDs.
    I was under the impression that you had to be *invited* to get into the convention, which would explain the ID requirement. As far as I know, you can't just wander in from the street just because you happened to be a registered Democrat with an ID.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  10. #10
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I just looked in my handy dandy copy of the official US Constitution. It mentions the right to vote five times in five different places. Sadly, it never mentions the right to attend a political convention.
    This source... Things That Are Not In the U.S. Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net ... says there is no explicit right to vote, as there is an explicit right to free speech, etc. Could you please provide these five instances that you found?

    No dodging. No "they're there for you to look up". No faux indignant dismissal of this source. Just list the places where they can be found.

    Thank you.


    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Equating opposition to an effort to diminsh and supress the Constitutional right to vote in pubic elections with an effort to maintain security at a private function is ludicrous and outright ridiculous.
    You, and everybody else, need to quit being a bunch of buzzkills. It's just humorous and ironic. Nothing more, nothing less.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •