Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 207

Thread: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    And yet...still no evidence of widespread voter fraud in this country. Come on, show some statistics that prove your case that we need voter IDs. If voter fraud is truly this widespread problem, then it shouldn't be difficult for you to produce some EVIDENCE of it instead of just bitching about "the liberals."


    Does it need to be Nationwide? What about in Key-States only? What happened with Minnesota and Franken and having Convicted Ex Felons voting for him while being locked up?

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I generally don't engage Youtube. People who use it as their argument are almost always conspiracy theorists, racists and/or Jew haters (and, rarely, fundies). I think it might take that level of cognitive shut-down to induce a blunder the likes of Argumentum ad Youtubem.
    Whatever do you mean? That 13-second clip didn't convince you that requiring voter identification is all part of some evil plot?

  3. #73
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Funny, but for these "large number of cases," you've produced no support other than a vague 13-second video clip with no context whatsoever.
    So you claim you have not seen that clip before and does not understand the context? Or are you just ignoring such obvious claims because they hurt your own argument? Do you deny there is a big attempt by the GOP to gerrymandering districts and restrict voting by any means possible including putting in voter ID systems that hurt especially the less well off and the elderly? Do you deny that in Ohio, the GOP attempted to restrict opening hours in only democratic areas, but not in republican areas? If you do deny this, then we have nothing to discuss because you live in a bubble world where the GOP can do no wrong .. and such people are impossible to talk to.. we would get more out of talking to a freaking chair like Clint Eastwood!

    Oh and for the record.. I do believe there should be voter ID... a national wide, Federal ID program only for voting. One that states or local governments could NOT manipulate for their own political gain.
    PeteEU

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Income.. income for the love of god. 25 bucks is a lot of money for a huge portion of the American population. It is the difference between feeding your children or not. And like it or not, most "poor" city people vote Democratic.. and you try to deny that.. then forget this discussion because then you are not living on planet earth.
    Poor people can also get identification. They should have identification too. Everybody SHOULD. It's only common sense and not an outrageous request.

  5. #75
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,499

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    So you claim you have not seen that clip before and does not understand the context? Or are you just ignoring such obvious claims because they hurt your own argument? Do you deny there is a big attempt by the GOP to gerrymandering districts and restrict voting by any means possible including putting in voter ID systems that hurt especially the less well off and the elderly? Do you deny that in Ohio, the GOP attempted to restrict opening hours in only democratic areas, but not in republican areas? If you do deny this, then we have nothing to discuss because you live in a bubble world where the GOP can do no wrong .. and such people are impossible to talk to.. we would get more out of talking to a freaking chair like Clint Eastwood!
    Nice word salad, Pete, but where's your support?
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  6. #76
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Nice word salad, Pete, but where's your support?
    You too fast in replying.. did a minor add after that
    PeteEU

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Cons are just mad that they can't go to the Dem covention and throw things at cameramen. You know, like the liberal plants at the Repub convention (the Con Con?)

    Nah.....their not mad. But they are laughing with the Occupy people razzing the Dems Convention as well as Vandalizing one of Obama's Campaign headquarters.

  8. #78
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Oh, boo hoo hoo. I "know" no such thing; I do know you're crafting a silly tale of woe where they can somehow manage to vote, but they're too helpless to obtain an ID, even with assistance. "What if the DMV is further away than the voting booth," you said. Well, what if it's NOT?
    You clearly don't understand how logic works. "What if it's not" is not a valid objection, as this law will affect millions of INDIVIDUAL people. Presumably some of them will be able to get the voter ID and others will not, meaning that some people are disenfranchised as a result.

    That's funny; what I said was that they got started long ago, and obviously, they did. Now that the card is available, sixty days strikes me as an eminently reasonable period of time to get it done, if you want to.
    Well let's do the math here: Many DMVs aren't even open every day of the week, so it's really more like 40 days. The BCJ has estimated that in places like Philadelphia, the proportion of voters without a valid ID is about 20%. In 2008, there were 717,329 votes cast in Philadelphia County. So that means that approximately 143,000 people will need to go through the process over the course of 40 days...or roughly 3,500 per day. It looks to me that the county has 7 facilities which can process photo IDs, which means that EACH FACILITY will need to process 500 voter ID forms every single day until the election (on top of their regular workload). Of course, that assumes that the process is so easy that everyone actually does it, which the good people who support this law assure me that they will.

    Does 500 voter ID forms per DMV per day (in addition to regular work) still sound eminently reasonable to you? Have you ever been to a DMV?

    I don't know if you're doing this on purpose, but that's not what I asked. You said the state offices don't have the capacity to process all of these new voter IDs in time for the election. Where's your evidence of this?
    See above.

    Nice race-card vomit you spew there.
    Laws that specifically aim to disenfranchise minority voters, BECAUSE they are minority voters, without actually mentioning race = Jim Crow Laws.
    This is absolutely a fair description of these voter ID laws. And anyone who supports them is absolutely supporting Jim Crow Laws. Your views on this are reprehensible and disgusting.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Income.. income for the love of god. 25 bucks is a lot of money for a huge portion of the American population. It is the difference between feeding your children or not. And like it or not, most "poor" city people vote Democratic.. and you try to deny that.. then forget this discussion because then you are not living on planet earth.
    You are talking silly now. I've been poor. I've always had identification too. My grandmother is 90 years old. She has identification too. That is a cop-out. The only people who would TRULY be affected "negatively" by this would be illegal immigrants.

  10. #80
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,313

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Whatever do you mean? That 13-second clip didn't convince you that requiring voter identification is all part of some evil plot?
    US-haters also do it a lot.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •