Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 207

Thread: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

  1. #171
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    And yet...still no evidence of widespread voter fraud in this country. Come on, show some statistics that prove your case that we need voter IDs. If voter fraud is truly this widespread problem, then it shouldn't be difficult for you to produce some EVIDENCE of it instead of just bitching about "the liberals."
    This is unquestionably the weakest argument ever made, and yet it is puked out verbatim by every liberal walking the earth, LOL. You guys do a great job of getting your talking points out.

    It's such a "duh" solution to voter fraud. You people will argue with a fencepost (because you know you're wrong and you're just catering to illegals to become the lifeblood of your party).

  2. #172
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,187

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    This is unquestionably the weakest argument ever made, and yet it is puked out verbatim by every liberal walking the earth, LOL. You guys do a great job of getting your talking points out.

    It's such a "duh" solution to voter fraud. You people will argue with a fencepost (because you know you're wrong and you're just catering to illegals to become the lifeblood of your party).
    Speaking of getting out the talking points...

    How is it a solution to voter fraud? Not the one little kind that amounts to almost nothing, I mean real, honest to God, large scale fraud. Like fraudulent absentee ballots. Are those IDs being checked?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #173
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    This is unquestionably the weakest argument ever made, and yet it is puked out verbatim by every liberal walking the earth, LOL. You guys do a great job of getting your talking points out.

    It's such a "duh" solution to voter fraud. You people will argue with a fencepost (because you know you're wrong and you're just catering to illegals to become the lifeblood of your party).
    Then why can't you provide any evidence that this problem actually exists? If it's such a "duh" solution, then it should be incredibly easy for you to prove that voter impersonation is a widespread problem.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  4. #174
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,213

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    This is unquestionably the weakest argument ever made, and yet it is puked out verbatim by every liberal walking the earth, LOL. You guys do a great job of getting your talking points out.

    It's such a "duh" solution to voter fraud. You people will argue with a fencepost (because you know you're wrong and you're just catering to illegals to become the lifeblood of your party).
    It's a "duh" solution to something we don't know exists requiring something we know millions of current voters don't have.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  5. #175
    Guru
    BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Politics: The administration likes to use soldiers for photo-ops but now, in a critical battleground state, they want to restrict the extra time for service members who protect our right to vote to cast theirs.

    blah...blah...blah

    Apparently you didn't research your argument very thoroughly.

    Early voting was curtailed in 2011, when Ohio passed H.B. 194, cutting the number of early voting days and disallowing weekend voting except for military voters.



    The actual text of the lawsuit. Note that it seeks to restore early voting to ALL voters, NOT eliminate early voting for ANY group.

    COMPLAINT FOR DECLARATORY AND INJUNCTIVE RELIEF

    Plaintiffs, by their attorneys, file this complaint against Defendants and allege as follows:

    Nature of Action

    1. Plaintiffs bring this lawsuit to restore in-person early voting for all Ohioans during
    the three days prior to Election Day – a right exercised by an estimated 93,000
    Ohioans in the last presidential election. Ohio election law, as currently enacted by
    the State of Ohio and administered by Defendant Ohio Secretary of State, arbitrarily
    eliminates early voting during the three days prior to Election Day for most Ohio
    voters, a right previously available to all Ohio voters. This disparate treatment
    violates 42 U.S.C. § 1983 and the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth
    Amendment to the United States Constitution and can be rectified by the Court
    enjoining enforcement of statutory changes that eliminate early in-person voting for
    most Ohioans during the three days before an election.

    http://moritzlaw.osu.edu/electionlaw...dcomplaint.pdf
    The court ruled in favor of the 'restore early voting for ALL voters'....

    U.S. District Judge Peter Economus ruled that restoring a voting window for the three days before the election “does not deprive [Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act] voters from early voting” but instead “places all Ohio voters on equal standing.”
    “We just simply don’t know how to govern” - Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) a member of the House Budget Committee

  6. #176
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Then why can't you provide any evidence that this problem actually exists? If it's such a "duh" solution, then it should be incredibly easy for you to prove that voter impersonation is a widespread problem.
    Breaking News: GOP finally provide evidence of voter fraud.



    This red communist is obviously an Obama supporter who promises 'free handouts' to all the 'good children'.

  7. #177
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote



    One rare point of agreement among most experts: Absentee-ballot fraud is a far bigger problem than voter-impersonation fraud—about 50 times more common, says News21—and voter-ID laws won't stop it.....snip~

    Voter Fraud: Hard to Identify - WSJ.com

    Indeed when looking at the Chart. If the Demos are citing that Voter impersonation is barely non-existent. It still does not Change the fact that College kids vote twice or are even vouching for others to Vote on a University Campus. Nor does it include anything about absentee ballots.

    As usual the left just can't get around one basic fact concerning ID's. It's called common sense! Despite their rationalizing.

  8. #178
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,555

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post


    One rare point of agreement among most experts: Absentee-ballot fraud is a far bigger problem than voter-impersonation fraud—about 50 times more common, says News21—and voter-ID laws won't stop it.....snip~

    Voter Fraud: Hard to Identify - WSJ.com

    Indeed when looking at the Chart. If the Demos are citing that Voter impersonation is barely non-existent. It still does not Change the fact that College kids vote twice or are even vouching for others to Vote on a University Campus. Nor does it include anything about absentee ballots.

    As usual the left just can't get around one basic fact concerning ID's. It's called common sense! Despite their rationalizing.
    Blame the left or the right or the middle, but the reality is that the number of votes damned with the label of being "fraudulent" wouldn't effect of the outcome for a mayor race in a mid-size town...during one election period.

    Common sense? Really?

  9. #179
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Blame the left or the right or the middle, but the reality is that the number of votes damned with the label of being "fraudulent" wouldn't effect of the outcome for a mayor race in a mid-size town...during one election period.

    Common sense? Really?
    Originally Posted by MMC
    In the United States...only 17 states even require identification in order to vote. Holder & Co., claim that requiring photo ID would be racist, because getting a driver’s license, etc., costs money. This claim has consistently been rejected by courts, and with good reason: If requiring photo ID to vote is racist, then what about requiring photo ID to exercise other constitutional rights, like buying a gun?
    Voters understand this. According to a Washington Post poll taken earlier this month, 74 percent of Americans support laws requiring voters to show photo identification.

    Related: How many dead voters are on the rolls (and hence open to manipulation and fraud)? Politico reports that one in eight voter registrations "is not valid or has significant inaccuracies." Plus:

    There also are more than 1.8 million deceased people who still have active registration on voter rolls, Pew [Center on the States] found. And, [Pew's David] Becker said, the outdated, inefficient systems currently in place are “not designed to keep up with deaths as they occur.....snip~


    Perhaps reading the a little farther back in the thread may help. Just sayin!

    Hows that Working out in Chicago? Also you do know back when Hillary Clinton was just starting out before she became Clinton. Went after Mayor Daley in Chicago for Voter Fraud. Back when she first started off as a Republican.

    Do you think they ever figured the problem out with the Cemetaries and the Homeless people that were buried in them but yet somehow voted years after they had been dead?

  10. #180
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,187

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    It's a "duh" solution to something we don't know exists requiring something we know millions of current voters don't have.
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post


    One rare point of agreement among most experts: Absentee-ballot fraud is a far bigger problem than voter-impersonation fraud—about 50 times more common, says News21—and voter-ID laws won't stop it.....snip~

    Voter Fraud: Hard to Identify - WSJ.com

    Indeed when looking at the Chart. If the Demos are citing that Voter impersonation is barely non-existent. It still does not Change the fact that College kids vote twice or are even vouching for others to Vote on a University Campus. Nor does it include anything about absentee ballots.

    As usual the left just can't get around one basic fact concerning ID's. It's called common sense! Despite their rationalizing.
    This makes my point exactly. Absentee ballots are a far bigger problem than voter impersonation, which is the only thing ID,would even possibly fix.

    Given that, why the rush for voter ID? If the right is so intent on fixing voter fraud, why not reform absentee ballots?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •