Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 207

Thread: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

  1. #131
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,605

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    In the United States...only 17 states even require identification in order to vote. Holder & Co., claim that requiring photo ID would be racist, because getting a driver’s license, etc., costs money. This claim has consistently been rejected by courts, and with good reason: If requiring photo ID to vote is racist, then what about requiring photo ID to exercise other constitutional rights, like buying a gun?

    Voters understand this. According to a Washington Post poll taken earlier this month, 74 percent of Americans support laws requiring voters to show photo identification.
    Apparently 74% of Americans are straight-up Jim Crow-loving hardcore racists, also motivated by wanting Democrats to lose elections. Or so I heard, anyway.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  2. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    In the United States...only 17 states even require identification in order to vote. Holder & Co., claim that requiring photo ID would be racist, because getting a driver’s license, etc., costs money. This claim has consistently been rejected by courts, and with good reason: If requiring photo ID to vote is racist, then what about requiring photo ID to exercise other constitutional rights, like buying a gun?
    Voters understand this. According to a Washington Post poll taken earlier this month, 74 percent of Americans support laws requiring voters to show photo identification.

    Related: How many dead voters are on the rolls (and hence open to manipulation and fraud)? Politico reports that one in eight voter registrations "is not valid or has significant inaccuracies." Plus:

    There also are more than 1.8 million deceased people who still have active registration on voter rolls, Pew [Center on the States] found. And, [Pew's David] Becker said, the outdated, inefficient systems currently in place are “not designed to keep up with deaths as they occur.....snip~

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...t-vote-12.html


    ..... It just keeps getting worse and worst when it comes to Demos.
    Oh uhoooo.....Demos, Libs, Progressives. Can't have it BOTH WAYS NOW! So quite Bzinitching and play by the Rules of the Game!

  3. #133
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Apparently 74% of Americans are straight-up Jim Crow-loving hardcore racists, also motivated by wanting Democrats to lose elections. Or so I heard, anyway.
    Nah, most of them are probably low-information voters who haven't considered the ramifications and don't really think about voter ID laws much at all. The high-information voters who HAVE considered the ramifications are the Jim Crow-loving hardcore racists who are motivated by wanting Democrats to lose.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  4. #134
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,459
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Who cares how it splits, or who won? They were 1099 felons ineligible to vote. That is a problem all by itself, directly relevant to this discussion.
    Just a slight aside, do you have a problem with the 18,000 eligible voters scrubbed from the voter roles by the Republican Sec of State in Florida in 2000 because their names were similar to those of felons?

    If your boys had started this right after the LAST presidential election i wouldnt have a problem. Plenty of time to comply, and a mid term election to see if any unintended consequences arise.

    Right before an election its a tactic.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Apparently 74% of Americans are straight-up Jim Crow-loving hardcore racists, also motivated by wanting Democrats to lose elections. Or so I heard, anyway.
    Apparently......Do you think they will get upset that it is Poltico throwing out such stats and Pews?

  6. #136
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,605

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Apparently......Do you think they will get upset that it is Poltico throwing out such stats and Pews?
    Now I hear it's because they're stupid.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  7. #137
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,605

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Just a slight aside, do you have a problem with the 18,000 eligible voters scrubbed from the voter roles by the Republican Sec of State in Florida in 2000 because their names were similar to those of felons?

    If your boys had started this right after the LAST presidential election i wouldnt have a problem. Plenty of time to comply, and a mid term election to see if any unintended consequences arise.

    Right before an election its a tactic.
    FL was a cluster****. But they're not "my boys"; I'm not a Republican.

    You may check back earlier in the thread when I suggested there would be no problem if it took effect in 2014.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  8. #138
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,459
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    FL was a cluster****. But they're not "my boys"; I'm not a Republican.

    You may check back earlier in the thread when I suggested there would be no problem if it took effect in 2014.
    Cool. Ive been in and out of this thread, so i must have missed that.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Just a slight aside, do you have a problem with the 18,000 eligible voters scrubbed from the voter roles by the Republican Sec of State in Florida in 2000 because their names were similar to those of felons?

    If your boys had started this right after the LAST presidential election i wouldnt have a problem. Plenty of time to comply, and a mid term election to see if any unintended consequences arise.

    Right before an election its a tactic.
    Well lets not forget Gore trying to stop Florida Veterans From voting. Kinda like how the Obama and the Dems are trying to stop Ohio veterans from Voting. Oh yeah, isn't that a Key battleground state?

  10. #140
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,459
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Well lets not forget Gore trying to stop Florida Veterans From voting. Kinda like how the Obama and the Dems are trying to stop Ohio veterans from Voting. Oh yeah, isn't that a Key battleground state?
    You got some links for that?

    I looked and it appears that your position is based on spin and not reality.

    But I'll look if you have some other proof.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •