Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 207

Thread: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

  1. #101
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The fact is there is no reason to be required to have an ID just like there was no reason to have it in the past.
    Yeah, because in the past we didn't have an identity theft problem, just like we don't in modern times.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  2. #102
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Perhaps this will answer your question.....

    In the '08 campaign, Republican Sen. Norm Coleman was running for re-election against Democrat Al Franken. It was impossibly close; on the morning after the election, after 2.9 million people had voted, Coleman led Franken by 725 votes.

    Franken and his Democratic allies dispatched an army of lawyers to challenge the results. After the first canvass, Coleman's lead was down to 206 votes. That was followed by months of wrangling and litigation. In the end, Franken was declared the winner by 312 votes. He was sworn into office in July 2009, eight months after the election.

    During the controversy, a conservative group called Minnesota Majority began to look into claims of voter fraud. Comparing criminal records with voting rolls, the group identified 1,099 felons -- all ineligible to vote -- who had voted in the Franken-Coleman race.

    When 1,099 Felons Vote In A Race Won By 312 Ballots - Byron York - Page 1

    That's fine. Do you have evidence that all of them voted for Franken? Of course not.

    If you actually followed that recount (which I heard about it everyday), most of the wrangling was over absentee ballots. As is usual in recounts.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    What all 13 of them? The first of them got up in court and said under oath that he voted for Norm Coleman? Do some homework.
    Minnesota Majority took the information to prosecutors across the state, many of whom showed no interest in pursuing it. But Minnesota law requires authorities to investigate such leads. And so far, Fund and von Spakovsky report, 177 people have been convicted -- not just accused, but convicted -- of voting fraudulently in the Senate race. Another 66 are awaiting trial. "The numbers aren't greater," the authors say, "because the standard for convicting someone of voter fraud in Minnesota is that they must have been both ineligible, and 'knowingly' voted unlawfully." The accused can get off by claiming not to have known they did anything wrong.

    Still, that's a total of 243 people either convicted of voter fraud or awaiting trial in an election that was decided by 312 votes. With 1,099 examples identified by Minnesota Majority, and with evidence suggesting that felons, when they do vote, strongly favor Democrats, it doesn't require a leap to suggest there might one day be proof that Al Franken was elected on the strength of voter fraud.....snip~

    When 1,099 Felons Vote In A Race Won By 312 Ballots - Byron York - Page 1


    Hmmmmm.....were you saying something about Ocean's 13?

  4. #104
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Yeah, because in the past we didn't have an identity theft problem, just like we don't in modern times.
    And by having voter ID, we'd get rid of all fake IDs? Doubt it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #105
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    And by having voter ID, we'd get rid of all fake IDs? Doubt it.
    There's a huge field goal move...
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    That's fine. Do you have evidence that all of them voted for Franken? Of course not.

    If you actually followed that recount (which I heard about it everyday), most of the wrangling was over absentee ballots. As is usual in recounts.
    Minnesota Majority took the information to prosecutors across the state, many of whom showed no interest in pursuing it. But Minnesota law requires authorities to investigate such leads. And so far, Fund and von Spakovsky report, 177 people have been convicted -- not just accused, but convicted -- of voting fraudulently in the Senate race. Another 66 are awaiting trial. "The numbers aren't greater," the authors say, "because the standard for convicting someone of voter fraud in Minnesota is that they must have been both ineligible, and 'knowingly' voted unlawfully." The accused can get off by claiming not to have known they did anything wrong.

    Still, that's a total of 243 people either convicted of voter fraud or awaiting trial in an election that was decided by 312 votes. With 1,099 examples identified by Minnesota Majority, and with evidence suggesting that felons, when they do vote, strongly favor Democrats, it doesn't require a leap to suggest there might one day be proof that Al Franken was elected on the strength of voter fraud.....snip~

    When 1,099 Felons Vote In A Race Won By 312 Ballots - Byron York - Page 1



  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Yeah, because in the past we didn't have an identity theft problem, just like we don't in modern times.
    What ID do we use that was created for that purpose?

  8. #108
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post

    Still, that's a total of 243 people either convicted of voter fraud or awaiting trial in an election that was decided by 312 votes. With 1,099 examples identified by Minnesota Majority, and with evidence suggesting that felons, when they do vote, strongly favor Democrats, it doesn't require a leap to suggest there might one day be proof that Al Franken was elected on the strength of voter fraud.....snip~
    Actually, it requires a big leap. You have to make the leap and assume that every one of those people voted for Al Franken. At least one said he didn't, so we know that's not true. 243 votes, even if you assume that 220 were fro Franken does not make for a 312 vote victory on it's own.

    One of the famous ballots in that was a write in vote for "Lizard People." Guess they really meant Coleman, right? Because as I recall, he was trying to get that counted for him.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    And by having voter ID, we'd get rid of all fake IDs? Doubt it.
    I love people that push for more types of ID and don't realize they don't do anything to stop criminals.

  10. #110
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: You’ll Need an ID to Prove You’re a Democrat but Not to Vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    There's a huge field goal move...
    Why? If you want to steal someone's identity, wouldn't you go to the trouble of getting a fake ID? Wouldn't you just take that with you when you go to vote?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •