Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 140

Thread: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

  1. #81
    Hard As A Rock
    Strucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Running View Post
    Unmanned drones will back them up and let them know where the enemy is and coming from. Armor columns will protect their equipment that will make sure they get it in time.
    LMAO You do realize that you need regular ground troops to man those tanks right?Then you need support troops to maintain those tanks and so on and so forth....your ignorance on how things work are mind numbing.
    "The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without."

    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    10-03-12 @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    405

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Strucky View Post
    LMAO You do realize that you need regular ground troops to man those tanks right?Then you need support troops to maintain those tanks and so on and so forth....your ignorance on how things work are mind numbing.
    No, you just blanketing my whole argument to make it seem like I AM THE ONE with no idea. Good attempt but it won't work. I never said anything against support troops or mechanics.

  3. #83
    Advisor Rising Sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United States of America
    Last Seen
    12-10-14 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    331

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Running View Post
    Me no speaks the English....come again please.
    That partially explains it. Thanks.

  4. #84
    Hard As A Rock
    Strucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Running View Post
    No, you just blanketing my whole argument to make it seem like I AM THE ONE with no idea. Good attempt but it won't work. I never said anything against support troops or mechanics.
    No not really,your the one that is making the argument that we do not need an Army
    "The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without."

    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    10-03-12 @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    405

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Rising Sun View Post
    That partially explains it. Thanks.
    Comeagain?

    o not really,your the one that is making the argument that we do not need an Army
    No. I said we DON'T need a large army anymore.

  6. #86
    Advisor Rising Sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United States of America
    Last Seen
    12-10-14 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    331

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Running View Post
    Comeagain?
    No worries. I've worked with both special needs people and those where English was a second language. I'd rather spend my time with someone who can carry on an intelligent conversation from a point of intellect, education and experience. Since I'm still kinda new here, I'm still not sure who is who yet. Sorry to have bothered you.

  7. #87
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Krasche View Post
    These leaks are ****ing ridiculous. Granted, the American people have a right to know eventually, but there are tactics and strategies possibly mentioned in that book that could possibly be read by the enemy, and compromise National Defense Strategies. I was just as pissed when Mr. Obama decided to announce the Bin Laden raid RIGHT AFTER IT HAPPENED. The whole point behind a stealth mission like that is to get in, get the job done, and get out QUIETLY. But no, lets just air that **** on TV immediately so we can face possible reprocussions before we are prepared to deal with them. -facepalm-
    I get that people who take a strong stand for national security are terribly upset that details of this raid were released either by the national media or directly from the President himself, but folks forget four very crucial events that took place during the raid:

    1) One of our stealth helos crashed at the OBL compound which was located within 25 miles of a residential area. No way was the explosion NOT going to draw attention from the surrounding community. As such...

    2) A local resident tweeted on the crash as it happened. Which lead to...

    3) Pictures taken of the wrecked soon circulated across social media, i.e., Twitter and YouTube. And finally...

    4) OBL's wives discussed the raid with Pakistani media which their stories, in turn, found their way into international news.

    The mere fact that Twitter was abuzz over the explosion and YouTube had video footage of the wreckage alone meant that the U.S. defense department let alone the White House could not contain this story no matter how hard they might have tried. Now, details of the raid could have been handle differently, but public knowledge of the raid would never have been kept under wraps - not in this age of social media. Anyone who thinks differently concerning the raid and how the world became aware of it are just fooling themselves and pandering to their own political ideological position and completely ignoring reason and reality.

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    10-03-12 @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    405

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Rising Sun View Post
    No worries. I've worked with both special needs people and those where English was a second language. I'd rather spend my time with someone who can carry on an intelligent conversation from a point of intellect, education and experience. Since I'm still kinda new here, I'm still not sure who is who yet. Sorry to have bothered you.
    Well good luck with your quest.

  9. #89
    Hard As A Rock
    Strucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    I get that people who take a strong stand for national security are terribly upset that details of this raid were released either by the national media or directly from the President himself, but folks forget four very crucial events that took place during the raid:

    1) One of our stealth helos crashed at the OBL compound which was located within 25 miles of a residential area. No way was the explosion NOT going to draw attention from the surrounding community. As such...

    2) A local resident tweeted on the crash as it happened. Which lead to...

    3) Pictures taken of the wrecked soon circulated across social media, i.e., Twitter and YouTube. And finally...

    4) OBL's wives discussed the raid with Pakistani media which their stories, in turn, found their way into international news.

    The mere fact that Twitter was abuzz over the explosion and YouTube had video footage of the wreckage alone meant that the U.S. defense department let alone the White House could not contain this story no matter how hard they might have tried. Now, details of the raid could have been handle differently, but public knowledge of the raid would never have been kept under wraps - not in this age of social media. Anyone who thinks differently concerning the raid and how the world became aware of it are just fooling themselves and pandering to their own political ideological position and completely ignoring reason and reality.
    Yes sir you are correct,I cannot fault the Obama* admin for how they handled the aftermath...Like I said before one of the few things I think they got right.
    Last edited by Strucky; 09-02-12 at 07:45 PM.
    "The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without."

    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

  10. #90
    Advisor Rising Sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United States of America
    Last Seen
    12-10-14 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    331

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Running View Post
    Well good luck with your quest.
    Thanks! Same with your whatever.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •