Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 140

Thread: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    10-03-12 @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    405

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Strucky View Post
    We have many programs that are meant keep America beautiful, defunding the military to the point of impotence will not help anyone besides our enemies.
    Our enemies are plentiful because foreign policy helps to create them and train them.

    Get rid of the CIA, they have done more harm than good for this country. And get rid of most units in the military except for SOF and SF. Keep them and keep growing them and keep the air force and navy. However, the marines can go goodbye as can the army.

  2. #72
    Hard As A Rock
    Strucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Running View Post
    Our enemies are plentiful because foreign policy helps to create them and train them.

    Get rid of the CIA, they have done more harm than good for this country. And get rid of most units in the military except for SOF and SF. Keep them and keep growing them and keep the air force and navy. However, the marines can go goodbye as can the army.
    Without ground troops you cannot hold ground and therefore your airpower and navy would be largely useless.We bombed the crap outta Germany and Japan,but it took ground troops to push them back.
    "The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without."

    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    10-03-12 @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    405

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Strucky View Post
    Without ground troops you cannot hold ground and therefore your airpower and navy would be largely useless.We bombed the crap outta Germany and Japan,but it took ground troops to push them back.

    Right BACK THEN they ground troops were a necessity. With unmanned drones and smart bombs. Their isn't need for a large amount of troops. Cause we can now bomb the crap out of the enemy to the point where direct action forces can just go with armor and apcs and their craziness to put out the enemy. That would be severely weakened to the point where they don't have any artillery or air force or armor or fortification. So really large armies are not necessary.

  4. #74
    Hard As A Rock
    Strucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Running View Post
    Right BACK THEN they ground troops were a necessity. With unmanned drones and smart bombs. Their isn't need for a large amount of troops. Cause we can now bomb the crap out of the enemy to the point where direct action forces can just go with armor and apcs and their craziness to put out the enemy. That would be severely weakened to the point where they don't have any artillery or air force or armor or fortification. So really large armies are not necessary.
    There is always the need for ground troops...witness Falujah and the way the Marines had to fight block by block to clear out the city.

    Fallujah during the Iraq War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without."

    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    10-03-12 @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    405

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Strucky View Post
    There is always the need for ground troops...witness Falujah and the way the Marines had to fight block by block to clear out the city.

    Fallujah during the Iraq War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Still not buying it. A thousand rangers and SOF personal could have done the same thing. Which is exactly my point.

  6. #76
    Advisor Rising Sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United States of America
    Last Seen
    12-10-14 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    331

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Running View Post
    Well the US has the highest rate of rapes anywhere in the world. And I am pretty sure there are a lot of murders too.

    But I don't bash the people. Only the government. And I live in AMERICA. But don't worry once I am done with school. Its adios muchachos.
    You bashed people and made accusations which you cannot back up with evidence. I have no doubt you "live in AMERICA", but where are you from?

    Quote Originally Posted by Running View Post
    Yeah, if the seals were anymore of murderers they probably would have done it. But then again, they probably raped all the women in the compound. Which is just as bad, if not worse then being killed. And while the women may have known who OBL was. You obviously don't understand what love is or being blinded by a charismatic psychopath is like.

  7. #77
    Hard As A Rock
    Strucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Running View Post
    Still not buying it. A thousand rangers and SOF personal could have done the same thing. Which is exactly my point.
    And who would be backing them up?Who would be securing the supply lines and maintaining their equipment?Please enlighten me.
    "The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without."

    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

  8. #78
    Advisor Rising Sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United States of America
    Last Seen
    12-10-14 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    331

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Strucky View Post
    There is always the need for ground troops...witness Falujah and the way the Marines had to fight block by block to clear out the city.

    Fallujah during the Iraq War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Quote Originally Posted by Running View Post
    Still not buying it. A thousand rangers and SOF personal could have done the same thing. Which is exactly my point.
    Rangers and SOF are ground troops. How old are you?

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    10-03-12 @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    405

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Strucky View Post
    And who would be backing them up?Who would be securing the supply lines and maintaining their equipment?Please enlighten me.

    Unmanned drones will back them up and let them know where the enemy is and coming from. Armor columns will protect their equipment that will make sure they get it in time.

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    10-03-12 @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    405

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Rising Sun View Post
    Rangers and SOF are ground troops. How old are you?

    Me no speaks the English....come again please.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •