Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 140

Thread: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

  1. #21
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    Not very patriotic to try and profit from what the Seals did.
    Profit is the American way. That's why uncle sammy should pay SEALs better retirement packages if they want them to stay quiet.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    10-03-12 @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    405

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    Profit is the American way. That's why uncle sammy should pay SEALs better retirement packages if they want them to stay quiet.
    They already do...

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    10-03-12 @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    405

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    Not very patriotic to try and profit from what the Seals did.

    I have a close friend formerly CIA .. He was at the barracks in Beirut when all those Marines were killed. He would NEVER write a book.
    What would he have to write about?

  4. #24
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    01-14-18 @ 02:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,475

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Another Lurker View Post
    They are correct names. BTW ... I've said it before, and apparently you missed it so I'll say it again ... I love it when you libs get your shorts all tied up in knots over these names. Think back to the days when you cry babies had such a swell time with the litany of foul names you used on George W Bush. As Dirty Harry said, "Make my day" and keep it up with the whine machine noise. You Dims can dish it out ... you just can't take it.

    God, I love it.

    A L
    Not sure what you think your "dishing out" but I don't recall the Left doing it on this forum because most of the mods were "very conservative" and it would have qualified as a "hate message" against a group of people and too when you say "you Dims" makes it a personal attack. But really, the only reason I brought it up is because when I read your post, your incessant use of the word "Kenyan" which some consider to be racist was so distracting that it undermined your intelligence, credibility and any point you might have made.

  5. #25
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Krasche View Post
    These leaks are ****ing ridiculous. Granted, the American people have a right to know eventually, but there are tactics and strategies possibly mentioned in that book that could possibly be read by the enemy, and compromise National Defense Strategies. I was just as pissed when Mr. Obama decided to announce the Bin Laden raid RIGHT AFTER IT HAPPENED. The whole point behind a stealth mission like that is to get in, get the job done, and get out QUIETLY. But no, lets just air that **** on TV immediately so we can face possible reprocussions before we are prepared to deal with them. -facepalm-
    Nonsense. The guys on the raid were out of Pakistani airspace and it was absolutely the right thing to do. The American people had a right to know that the promise made to them had been kept.

    And you honestly think this would have remained a secret? You don't think the Pakistanis might have said something? this is just another lame attempt to bash the President for doing the right thing.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  6. #26
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    "Kenyan", "Dim", do you have a problem using the correct name for people you are referring to?

    This is what passes for great wit on the Far Right. And it's why you can't ever take anybody like that seriously. I come across references like that, or 'half-breed' or 'Hussein' and I don't bother reading any more, because you know that what follows is right wing partisan bull****.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  7. #27
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    01-14-18 @ 02:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,475

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    This is what passes for great wit on the Far Right. And it's why you can't ever take anybody like that seriously. I come across references like that, or 'half-breed' or 'Hussein' and I don't bother reading any more, because you know that what follows is right wing partisan bull****.
    I agree and at first I thought he might have something relevant to say but then all I saw was the obnoxious so called "wit."


    Anyway I guess I better address the topic. How could the SEALS shoot several rounds into OBL chest after they entered the room if two women were wailing over his body and neither of them were shot? Something just doesn't sound right about this guy's story either.
    Last edited by Moot; 08-31-12 at 04:34 PM.

  8. #28
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out - Yahoo! News

    Your book may not be political but you were used as a pawn to accomplish a political goal, Mr. Navy Seal. I hope you know that.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    It was his idea to write the book. Or are you saying he was paid by the Republicans to write it? That's just silly. He is in trouble, though...the Pentagon has written him a letter threatening criminal action:

    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/inte...mer-navy-seal/
    How could you possibly infer that? Why would you assume I meant he was paid by Republicans to write his book? He was used as a pawn by the Obama administration. Boom, boom, the SEALS kill OBL, and Obama claims the political credit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  9. #29
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    The power elite is gonna have to learn that if it wants something truly classified, it's going to have to pay those who have access to it big $$.

    The author is likely just gambling on the perception that he's an American hero, so even if what he does breaks the law, he believe the USDOJ won't go after him.
    I'm sure he figured, what the hell, the story has already been leaked so why not profit from it and reveal the truth at the same time. Nothing new here, except maybe the truth. No wonder the Pentagon wants to go after him. He exposed the lies of the Obama Administration. So who's going after the White House?
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  10. #30
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-12 @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    95

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    In the raid to get osama we were neither, it was justice and retribution. He deserved a worse death. He deserved to suffer and see his loved ones suffer and his wives were not innocents. They were complicit in hiding this monster and the fact they would marry such evil makes them as bad as him. Every person in that compound should have been executed. Collaborators get the same treatment as perpetrators in a war and this is a war.
    Eh - the death penalty is not something to throw around lightly.

    Especially not with Muslim women married to Muslim extremists. Those women, unfortunately, don't have much control over their own fates. You can't just throw them in with OBL because they were "married" to him. I mean, how serious is a marriage if you have three or four wives? How much time are you really spending with any of them?
    "You can't save time. You can only spend it." ~ Benjamin Hoff
    Demand moderation - Occupy TPL!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •