Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 140

Thread: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

  1. #111
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    And I don't recall Democrats, Republicans, or anyone except for a few wackos blaming America for 9/11, whats your point?

    Right now, and I personally mostly blame Obama's critics, people talk about the death of Osama in the context of what it means for elections, did Obama take too point credit, is he trying to use it to get reelected, was it really that hard of a call to make, etc. What we should be doing whenever we talk about Osama is talk about the moment of victory for all Americans, Obama merely had the honor as President to deliver that message to us, no one should be accusing him of trying to use it for personal gain.

    Inside the Situation Room: Obama on making OBL raid decision Pt 1 of 5 - YouTube

    Watch some or all of that NBC report, it'll give you some perspective on how these decisions work, what kind of factors are involved, and how the President in many respects has to stand alone.
    Didn't Obama's spiritual leader Reverend Wright blame America for 9-11?

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Didn't Obama's spiritual leader Reverend Wright blame America for 9-11?
    Whats your point?

  3. #113
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Whats your point?
    I guess we are in agreement then

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I guess we are in agreement then
    You still haven't actually said anything, but if your point was that Wright is a wacko I totally agree but the man has nothing to do with the decisions that led up to the "go call" on Bin Laden. Now seriously what point are you trying to make or are you going to kept being vague and elusive because you think it makes you sound smart because you're a smug prick.

  5. #115
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Get back to us about who and what they are when you've been through SEAL training, Runming.

    90% complete initial pre-indoctrination. 85% of those complete indoctrination. 33% of those complete BUDS-1, 87% of those complete BUDS-2, 96% of those complete BUDS-3.

    Out of every 100 men who aspire to be Navy SEALS, 24 will make it through training. They are the elitist of the elite. Don't lessen their accomplishments because they get paid to do it -- or for any other reason.

    What's wrong with you?
    No they're not. Don't run down the efforts of all the other elite forces within out military. SEALs have a different mission, therefore they conduct different training; it doesn't make their training harder, just different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #116
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No they're not. Don't run down the efforts of all the other elite forces within out military. SEALs have a different mission, therefore they conduct different training; it doesn't make their training harder, just different.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to do that, Apdst. All special forces are exceptional human beings -- from a training standpoint, endurance standpoint, dedication and bravery. This shouldn't be taken that I value any other military personnel any less.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  7. #117
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,467

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Look, Obama can take credit that this occured under his watch. Frankly that's fine, it got done. Bush said from the beginning that this war on terror would go beyond his presidency, so he was aware that not everything would get done in 8 years. Bush certainly had a hand in affecting policy to hunt down the terrorist leaders, and they killed many of the top al Qaeda leaders. Getting bin Laden would naturually be the toughest kill, so it took longer. Obama, to his credit, maintained the search and finally got the opportunity. Frankly I don't know what this book says, but obviously however he was killed, he was in fact killed.
    Killing OBL was one of Obama's 2008 campaign promises. Thats why a lot of people voted for him. Politifact considers it a campaign "promise kept."

    "In 2008, a flier from the Republican National Committee earned a Pants-On-Fire for a claims that "Barack Obama thinks terrorists just need a good talking to." Among other things, then candidate Obama had said during a debate with Republican rival John McCain that "If we have Osama bin Laden in our sights and the Pakistani government is unable or unwilling to take them out, then I think that we have to act and we will take them out. We will kill bin Laden; we will crush al Qaeda."....read
    PolitiFact | Pledge to kill Osama bin Laden earns Promise Kept


    That was very prophetic considering that's almost exactly how he took OBL out.
    Last edited by Moot; 09-11-12 at 07:14 AM.

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    10-03-12 @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    405

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Sorry, I didn't mean to do that, Apdst. All special forces are exceptional human beings -- from a training standpoint, endurance standpoint, dedication and bravery. This shouldn't be taken that I value any other military personnel any less.
    Please, most army guys and gals are doing it cause they have nothing else to offer. Especially SMU guy and gals.

  9. #119
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,925

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Running View Post
    Please, most army guys and gals are doing it cause they have nothing else to offer. Especially SMU guy and gals.
    This may seem a bit............ petty. Well actually it IS petty but................................ Oh well. They offer more than you, I have to say. That said, having been around them a bit I have I felt like a sheep with wolves looking at me as though I were on the menu when I first started hanging around them. And I brought them the fuel that made their stuff go. They are definately a breed of their own, those special warfare people are. They are not quite completely off their rockers but realllllllly close.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  10. #120
    Educator Klown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-14-12 @ 04:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    982

    Re: Navy SEAL on Bin Laden Raid Speaks Out

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Look, Obama can take credit that this occured under his watch. Frankly that's fine, it got done. Bush said from the beginning that this war on terror would go beyond his presidency, so he was aware that not everything would get done in 8 years. Bush certainly had a hand in affecting policy to hunt down the terrorist leaders, and they killed many of the top al Qaeda leaders. Getting bin Laden would naturually be the toughest kill, so it took longer. Obama, to his credit, maintained the search and finally got the opportunity. Frankly I don't know what this book says, but obviously however he was killed, he was in fact killed.
    Osama is in the Bahamas

    old_man_walking_on_beach-t2.jpg
    Last edited by Klown; 09-14-12 at 07:34 AM.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •