Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: GOP ejects people who threw nuts at camerawoman

  1. #41
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,166

    Re: GOP ejects people who threw nuts at camerawoman

    The fact that minorities are poorly represented within the Republican Party speaks directly to my opinion that the Democratic Party is racist. The Democrats bill themselves as the Party of the Black Man, they see fake racism behind every bush, and use false charges to pump up their minority base.
    Wow...I really don't understand this perspective. So minorities are a dumb easily manipulated group? I hear this all the time from Conservatives as if minorities that vote Democrat are suffering from Stockholm syndrom.

    I think that when you're out blaming minorities and the Democratic party for the fact Republicans can't win minority votes I think you need to check your logic.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  2. #42
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,152

    Re: GOP ejects people who threw nuts at camerawoman

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    The fact that minorities are poorly represented within the Republican Party speaks directly to my opinion that the Democratic Party is racist. The Democrats bill themselves as the Party of the Black Man, they see fake racism behind every bush, and use false charges to pump up their minority base.

    A poster here said that the people who threw nuts at the black reporter were racist. Why? Why does saying, "This is how we feed the animals," have anything to do with being black? Oh!! That's because when some neighborhood Hispanic lady said to some black kids up in trees, "Get out of those trees, you little monkeys!!" she was fired from her role as a Democratic Delegate. Obama Delegate Quits After Campaign Finds Remarks to Neighbor Kids to be ‘Unacceptable’
    There's certainly many blacks who see "fake racism behind every bush." Perhaps they vote Democrat because the Democratic party speaks to that worldview. I think you're seeing it backwards -- the Democrats respond to what these people want to hear, it's not the Democratic party brainwashing them. Certainly, that's not all of them, but it's enough of them that responding to that worldview gathers a lot of votes.

    The Republican party simply doesn't respond to that. In other words, they don't vote Republican because as far as I've seen around here, too many Conservatives are too busy blaming them for being racist. You're not going to do very well with that, just like you're not going to get a lot of gay votes when you tell them they're sodomites who are going to Hell.

    If the people we see here at DP are in any way representative of the rank and file of the GOP, it's no wonder you're not gathering black votes. Even when it's real racism, they can't say "Wow, that's wrong." They start talking about the New Black Panthers and Nation of Islam.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #43
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: GOP ejects people who threw nuts at camerawoman

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I don't understand what you're saying. But I'd add that seeing racism behind every bush is an excellent way to recruit minorities into one's party. That'd be a/k/a Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and the entire Democratic policital scene in every state of the nation.
    But what about the latino vote or the gay vote. Lets be honest , the GOP made it easy for democrats to "steal" minority votes from republicans. You guys have the crap going on in Arizona, the voter fraud (and please don't tell me that it not a politcal stunt), the birthers, the battle over who should get married, or women rights. All these things may pump up the base but at the same time it will alienate the rest of us.

    By the way, if the GOP don't want anyone to judge them by the likes of Todd Akins, then I think it is fair to request the same from you guys. I don't like Al Sharpton and I think he is a civil right ambulance chaser. And believe it or not, there are quite of few blacks that don't like him either.

  4. #44
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: GOP ejects people who threw nuts at camerawoman

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    There's certainly many blacks who see "fake racism behind every bush." Perhaps they vote Democrat because the Democratic party speaks to that worldview. I think you're seeing it backwards -- the Democrats respond to what these people want to hear, it's not the Democratic party brainwashing them. Certainly, that's not all of them, but it's enough of them that responding to that worldview gathers a lot of votes.

    The Republican party simply doesn't respond to that. In other words, they don't vote Republican because as far as I've seen around here, too many Conservatives are too busy blaming them for being racist. You're not going to do very well with that, just like you're not going to get a lot of gay votes when you tell them they're sodomites who are going to Hell.

    If the people we see here at DP are in any way representative of the rank and file of the GOP, it's no wonder you're not gathering black votes. Even when it's real racism, they can't say "Wow, that's wrong." They start talking about the New Black Panthers and Nation of Islam.

    Very well said. People gravitate to the party that is speaking what they want to hear. Republicans can't be confuse as to why many minorities and gays are not joining their party. That's just like Democrats wondering why evangelicals don't run to their side.

  5. #45
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: GOP ejects people who threw nuts at camerawoman

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Wow...I really don't understand this perspective. So minorities are a dumb easily manipulated group? I hear this all the time from Conservatives as if minorities that vote Democrat are suffering from Stockholm syndrom.

    I think that when you're out blaming minorities and the Democratic party for the fact Republicans can't win minority votes I think you need to check your logic.
    That argument is just a way for those on the right to not take responsibility for their role in minorities being mostly liberal. If you claim that they are brainwashed and the Democrats are doing the brainwashing, then you don't have to seriously consider the possibility that the conservative/Republican worldview is flawed or at least legitimately harmful to minorities. It's a classic defense mechanism and if conservatives continue to make such excuses instead of dealing with reality, they'll find themselves in trouble as the country becomes less white and more "colorful."

  6. #46
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: GOP ejects people who threw nuts at camerawoman

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    Very well said. People gravitate to the party that is speaking what they want to hear. Republicans can't be confuse as to why many minorities and gays are not joining their party. That's just like Democrats wondering why evangelicals don't run to their side.
    I wouldn't say that people gravitate to the party that is speaking to what they want to hear. I would say that people gravitate towards the party that speaks to their worldview - what they have actually seen and know of the world. Because of that, if you tell black Americans who have experienced and perceived racism that what they see is "fake" or that they're just pulling the race card, you lose a lot of them immediately because not only are you dismissing their worldview, you're mocking them for having it.

  7. #47
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: GOP ejects people who threw nuts at camerawoman

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    There's certainly many blacks who see "fake racism behind every bush." Perhaps they vote Democrat because the Democratic party speaks to that worldview. I think you're seeing it backwards -- the Democrats respond to what these people want to hear, it's not the Democratic party brainwashing them. Certainly, that's not all of them, but it's enough of them that responding to that worldview gathers a lot of votes.

    The Republican party simply doesn't respond to that. In other words, they don't vote Republican because as far as I've seen around here, too many Conservatives are too busy blaming them for being racist. You're not going to do very well with that, just like you're not going to get a lot of gay votes when you tell them they're sodomites who are going to Hell.

    If the people we see here at DP are in any way representative of the rank and file of the GOP, it's no wonder you're not gathering black votes. Even when it's real racism, they can't say "Wow, that's wrong." They start talking about the New Black Panthers and Nation of Islam.
    Hmmmm.....I'll have to think about that. Maybe, as you're suggesting, it's the chicken/egg thing. Look, I sure don't agree with many stances Republicans take on the issues. And I'm vocal about those issues here on DP and elsewhere. I don't see that from others here, though -- most especially on the Left. It's as if the Left believes everything the Right believes/does is 100% wrong. Same for many on the Right vis a vis the Left. That's not being party loyal. That's being brain dead.

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    But what about the latino vote or the gay vote. Lets be honest , the GOP made it easy for democrats to "steal" minority votes from republicans. You guys have the crap going on in Arizona, the voter fraud (and please don't tell me that it not a politcal stunt), the birthers, the battle over who should get married, or women rights. All these things may pump up the base but at the same time it will alienate the rest of us.

    By the way, if the GOP don't want anyone to judge them by the likes of Todd Akins, then I think it is fair to request the same from you guys. I don't like Al Sharpton and I think he is a civil right ambulance chaser. And believe it or not, there are quite of few blacks that don't like him either.
    See my reply above. I hope you're right about the Sharptons of this world.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  8. #48
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,903

    Re: GOP ejects people who threw nuts at camerawoman

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I knew there were going to be "false flag" accusations.

    Look, Republicans. Some of your supporters are racist dip****s. It's just statistical reality, in any sufficiently-sized crowd there's going to be some. That didn't stop you from painting OWS as all being a bunch of criminals wanting handouts and whatever. Tell me again why I shouldn't paint your entire party with this?
    Becaause you're better than that? Because anybody else's behaving badly doesn't justify your behaving badly?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •