Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 47

Thread: Google Has Had Enough: Files Lawsuit To Ban Multiple Apple Products

  1. #31
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,407

    Re: Google Has Had Enough: Files Lawsuit To Ban Multiple Apple Products

    Pete, I'm really enjoying your input on this topic. Thanks.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #32
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: Google Has Had Enough: Files Lawsuit To Ban Multiple Apple Products

    i remember reading about apple suing microsoft back in the 80's for supposedly copying macos that came out a year earlier.however even though apple won that suit it was later undone once everyone caught on apple didnt design the gui,or even the core components,it ripped them off of zerox's gui that was designed more than a decade earlier.others parts used were licensed to microsoft from apple.

    however if anyone deserves credit for loss of intellectualproperty,its zerox who created the gui and had it stolen by apple.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  3. #33
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,686

    Re: Google Has Had Enough: Files Lawsuit To Ban Multiple Apple Products

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    i remember reading about apple suing microsoft back in the 80's for supposedly copying macos that came out a year earlier.however even though apple won that suit it was later undone once everyone caught on apple didnt design the gui,or even the core components,it ripped them off of zerox's gui that was designed more than a decade earlier.others parts used were licensed to microsoft from apple.

    however if anyone deserves credit for loss of intellectualproperty,its zerox who created the gui and had it stolen by apple.
    Xerox had a much more cooperative relationship with Apple than would be denoted through the word "stolen." Their influence was spectacular, truly.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  4. #34
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: Google Has Had Enough: Files Lawsuit To Ban Multiple Apple Products

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Xerox had a much more cooperative relationship with Apple than would be denoted through the word "stolen." Their influence was spectacular, truly.
    i use the word stolen even though they licensed use of their ideas,signifying that apple did not create them,yet tried to sue and lost against microsoft claiming they stole their ideas even though apple licensed them to microsoft.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  5. #35
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,686

    Re: Google Has Had Enough: Files Lawsuit To Ban Multiple Apple Products

    Such is litigation in the computer (well, and other) industry.

    I'm more amused than anything at the vilification or veneration of these companies when it comes to the litigation process. People really seem to get their panties in a bunch.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  6. #36
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Google Has Had Enough: Files Lawsuit To Ban Multiple Apple Products

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    And I will raise you Steve Jobs admitting that he stole ideas and designs from his competitors, plus documentation that the iPhone actually was designed and planed by... Sony Corporation and Apple stole the idea from them.

    Like it or not, the Apple is ruining its own image and hence future profitability by going on with these law suits. More and more people realise that they are nu-seance lawsuits designed to slow down the competition, a competition that has surpassed Apple in technology and innovation. And Apple is one thing... image.. every sale it has is based on image. Loose that, and Apple is nothing but ordinary.
    Your post has a lot of opinion and nothing else. I know 6 people that thought like you do and now all want iPhones. Can you give me examples how apple doesn't innovate? I would say many times Apple does safe innovation but how will your tune be at the end of the month when Apple sells 5 million of their new phones the first day when the S3 took a month to get to a million?
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  7. #37
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,024

    Re: Google Has Had Enough: Files Lawsuit To Ban Multiple Apple Products

    4 pages of people crying foul because apple is successful. The most laughable claim on this thread is that product pricing has ever been based on "quality" in the last 70 years. Hahahaha. Spoken like somebody who's never worked in marketing before Pete. At the very least you could look up the term "Sloanism".
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #38
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Google Has Had Enough: Files Lawsuit To Ban Multiple Apple Products

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    Your post has a lot of opinion and nothing else. I know 6 people that thought like you do and now all want iPhones. Can you give me examples how apple doesn't innovate? I would say many times Apple does safe innovation but how will your tune be at the end of the month when Apple sells 5 million of their new phones the first day when the S3 took a month to get to a million?
    S3 has sold over 9 million in pre-order alone.

    And tell me of some Apple innovation.... give me an example since the iPad came out.
    PeteEU

  9. #39
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Google Has Had Enough: Files Lawsuit To Ban Multiple Apple Products

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Can one buy anything these days that doesn't fall under slave labor, theft of service, and other abhorrent practices? I'll bet you that daily, you buy and enjoy products that violate your ethics.
    I certainly do my best not to. It's hard in this world to avoid EVERY corrupt corporation, but if you actually care about your convictions you make the effort.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  10. #40
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,453
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Google Has Had Enough: Files Lawsuit To Ban Multiple Apple Products

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I certainly do my best not to. It's hard in this world to avoid EVERY corrupt corporation, but if you actually care about your convictions you make the effort.
    Personally, I think it's hard to find anything that isn't corrupt to some extent. From our factory-farmed food to gas to Walmart PJ's, there are many underlying social issues with most of our everyday needs. Heck, even feel good preachy Lululemon is far from perfect.
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •