Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 126

Thread: Ron Paul: 'I Don't Fully Endorse' Mitt Romney

  1. #41
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:03 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,347
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ron Paul: 'I Don't Fully Endorse' Mitt Romney

    Quote Originally Posted by vauge View Post
    Pretty well actually, except those who are warmongers. Wait - that is both sides!

    There many within the party that are anti-war and they are considered Republican. The difference is that Paul is a threat for actual change to what has been written and signed on paper for many many years. And no one likes change.
    So Paul no longer maintains that abortion is a state issue? No longer against most aid to foreign countries?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #42
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:03 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,347
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ron Paul: 'I Don't Fully Endorse' Mitt Romney

    Quote Originally Posted by vauge View Post
    Just wondering, have you read the *current* party platform?
    Here is the most recent until later this week: Republican Party Platforms: 2008 Republican Party Platform
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #43
    Advisor Another Lurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Uncle Joe's state
    Last Seen
    09-01-12 @ 10:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    319

    Re: Ron Paul: 'I Don't Fully Endorse' Mitt Romney

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    They did not give him a speaking slot.

    What they did do is send in a bunch of lawyers and take away his delegates, so to make sure he did not get a speaking slot.
    Thank you for the 'heads up'. I knew it was offered but I guess I didn't understand the part about it being taken away ... although in retrospect it makes sense.

    As far as his delegates ... I have no opinion. After the Dims had their hullabaloo over the Kenyan and Billary, I lost interest.

    But for the record ... Romney was not on the top of my list for the Republican nod. However, standing by Ross Perot, like I did, meant that I had a defacto vote for Bubba. Said to myself right then ... won't happen again.

    A L

  4. #44
    Owner/Admin
    Benevolent Dictator Schweddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    11,512
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Ron Paul: 'I Don't Fully Endorse' Mitt Romney

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So Paul no longer maintains that abortion is a state issue? No longer against most aid to foreign countries?
    Paul is against murder. He believes that Abortion is murder. Murders are a state jurisdiction. It is a state issue.

    Paul has sponsored "Human life" amendments several times.

    How is that different than the platform?
    If you analyse it, I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

    I am also known as "vauge".

  5. #45
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:03 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,347
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ron Paul: 'I Don't Fully Endorse' Mitt Romney

    Quote Originally Posted by vauge View Post
    Paul is against murder. He believes that Abortion is murder. Murders are a state jurisdiction. It is a state issue.

    Paul has sponsored "Human life" amendments several times.

    How is that different than the platform?
    Ron Paul on the Issues

    Abortion laws should be a state-level choice. (Apr 2011)
    Get the federal government out of abortion decision. (Nov 2007)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    It is now widely accepted that there's a constitutional right to abort a human fetus. Of course, the Constitution says nothing about abortion, murder, manslaughter, or any other acts of violence. Criminal and civil laws were deliberately left to the states.I consider it a state-level responsibility to restrain violence against any human being. I disagree with the nationalization of the issue and reject the Roe v. Wade decision that legalized abortion in all 50 states. Legislation that I have proposed would limit fe4deral court jurisdiction of abortion, and allow state prohibition of abortion on demand as well as in all trimesters. It will not stop all abortions. Only a truly moral society can do that.
    The pro-life opponents to my approach are less respectful of the rule of law and the Constitution. Instead of admitting that my position allows the states to minimize or ban abortions, they claim that my position supports the legalization of abortion by the states. This is twisted logic.
    Based on those, I would think he would oppose a federal amendment to the constitution outlawing abortion.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #46
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Ron Paul: 'I Don't Fully Endorse' Mitt Romney

    Quote Originally Posted by Another Lurker View Post
    Thank you for the 'heads up'. I knew it was offered but I guess I didn't understand the part about it being taken away ... although in retrospect it makes sense.
    They offered Paul a chance to give a speech that they essentially get to write themselves. sure, it makes sense to present a deceitful image about unity, but because it is deceitful, I don't respect them for doing it.


    As far as his delegates ... I have no opinion. After the Dims had their hullabaloo over the Kenyan and Billary, I lost interest.
    My opinion is that rules should be followed, and integrity in the process should be adhered to. The Romney team of lawyers made a mockery of the rule of law and I dont think Romney has the level of integrity I am looking for

  7. #47
    Owner/Admin
    Benevolent Dictator Schweddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    11,512
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Ron Paul: 'I Don't Fully Endorse' Mitt Romney

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Based on those, I would think he would oppose a federal amendment to the constitution outlawing abortion.
    You do not understand. If 'human life' was defined and amended to the constitution, it would make abortion legality irrelevant.
    The states would deal with Abortion just like every other life issue - in their own way. Some states allow euthanasia for instance.

    I'm guessing you missed the Republican debates?

    You are right, he would oppose a specific law on 'abortion' at the federal level.
    If you analyse it, I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

    I am also known as "vauge".

  8. #48
    Advisor Another Lurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Uncle Joe's state
    Last Seen
    09-01-12 @ 10:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    319

    Re: Ron Paul: 'I Don't Fully Endorse' Mitt Romney

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    They offered Paul a chance to give a speech that they essentially get to write themselves. sure, it makes sense to present a deceitful image about unity, but because it is deceitful, I don't respect them for doing it.
    I mostly agree with you. However, watching how lock-stepped the Dims have become/are, maybe this is necessary to keep the playing field level. Example ... one of our Senators (Koons) is as Harry said, "one of my boys". Harry has his lackey and this lackey has never failed to give Harry his vote ... whether it benefits his constituency or not.

    As far as 'deceitful' ... you have a point, however, we are dealing with a bunch of "Honest Abe" politico's.

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    My opinion is that rules should be followed, and integrity in the process should be adhered to. The Romney team of lawyers made a mockery of the rule of law and I dont think Romney has the level of integrity I am looking for
    Maybe not. However, does Paul's claim to be a Republican meet the same standard of integrity which you demand of Romney? It certainly doesn't in my book.

    A L

  9. #49
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Ron Paul: 'I Don't Fully Endorse' Mitt Romney

    Quote Originally Posted by Another Lurker View Post
    does Paul's claim to be a Republican meet the same standard of integrity which you demand of Romney? It certainly doesn't in my book.
    I will never understand this position.

    We live in a two party system. the system is designed in a way that in order to push ideological ideas further, you do so from within one of two parties.

    political parties don't have integrity, people do.

  10. #50
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:03 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,347
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ron Paul: 'I Don't Fully Endorse' Mitt Romney

    Quote Originally Posted by vauge View Post
    You do not understand. If 'human life' was defined and amended to the constitution, it would make abortion legality irrelevant.
    The states would deal with Abortion just like every other life issue - in their own way. Some states allow euthanasia for instance.

    I'm guessing you missed the Republican debates?

    You are right, he would oppose a specific law on 'abortion' at the federal level.
    I do not have specific wording, but: At odds with Romney, GOP platform draft keeps proposal to end abortion without exceptions - The Washington Post

    The platform panel of the Republican National Committee voted to propose a constitutional amendment outlawing abortion without specific exceptions for rape or incest, a position at odds with presumptive nominee Mitt Romney.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •