Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 113

Thread: Lance Armstrong Doping Charges: USADA To Ban Cyclist For Life, Strip Him Of 7 Tour De

  1. #101
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,909

    Re: Lance Armstrong Doping Charges: USADA To Ban Cyclist For Life, Strip Him Of 7 Tou

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    You never get tired of fighting for everything you ever worked for...your entire lifes legacy and your future income and RECORD....no one gets that tired over losing fundamentally your life.
    The thing is that you can't speak for everybody. Only Lance Armstrong can speak for Lance Armstrong. Maybe his motives for quitting are "ulterior," but as I've said, I found his official statement compelling. Have you read it?

  2. #102
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Lance Armstrong Doping Charges: USADA To Ban Cyclist For Life, Strip Him Of 7 Tou

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    The thing is that you can't speak for everybody. Only Lance Armstrong can speak for Lance Armstrong. Maybe his motives for quitting are "ulterior," but as I've said, I found his official statement compelling. Have you read it?
    In my last post I put a disclaimer at the end, stating it could be his tired or another reason...no I didnt read his official statement I watched part of it on the news...I dont know if Armstrong is guilty or not...those that investigated it and came to a conclusion and him know.
    I do feel its unlikely that someone who was being stripped of their life would get tired fighting it if they were innocent...I know I wouldnt

  3. #103
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,909

    Re: Lance Armstrong Doping Charges: USADA To Ban Cyclist For Life, Strip Him Of 7 Tou

    That's the thing: However you would approach it, or I would, we haven't lived life in Armstrong's skin. It's like everything else; easy to sit in judgment/difficult to genuinely understand unless you've lived it yourself. Have you read Armstrong's public statement? If so, what do you think?

  4. #104
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Lance Armstrong Doping Charges: USADA To Ban Cyclist For Life, Strip Him Of 7 Tou

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    That's the thing: However you would approach it, or I would, we haven't lived life in Armstrong's skin. It's like everything else; easy to sit in judgment/difficult to genuinely understand unless you've lived it yourself. Have you read Armstrong's public statement? If so, what do you think?
    Lol How many times are you going to ask me that...I said I didnt read it I said I listened to part of it on the box...the bottom line here nota is this....I dont know if hes guilty...you dont know if hes innocent and that goes for all of us.

  5. #105
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,909

    Re: Lance Armstrong Doping Charges: USADA To Ban Cyclist For Life, Strip Him Of 7 Tou

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Lol How many times are you going to ask me that...I said I didnt read it I said I listened to part of it on the box...the bottom line here nota is this....I dont know if hes guilty...you dont know if hes innocent and that goes for all of us.
    Well, sorry. You're right: I don't know whether he's innocent or guilty. But what I have done is read what the man had to say. I find odd your unwilingness to at least read the few paragraphs (I posted a link from WaPo several pages ago) of what Armstrong said while still holding onto an opinion that is deliberately uninformed.

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Lance Armstrong Doping Charges: USADA To Ban Cyclist For Life, Strip Him Of 7 Tou

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    You never get tired of fighting for everything you ever worked for...your entire lifes legacy and your future income and RECORD....no one gets that tired over losing fundamentally your life.
    Can it be hes just tired...sure, it can be anything...
    An attacker that never quits you just can't fight forever. It strains your heart, your soul, and your spirit in every way. At first you're driven to fight back all people that wish to label you falsely. You fight for a while, you prove them wrong, and like nothing happened they come back with the same fight and the same fire as they had before and maybe you do as well this time. However, this can continue endlessly and they simply do not tire of it and each time they come back you will have a little less strength to fight them off. In time you simply won't have it. You will look at them as they come back one last time and you just don't want to fight anymore. You're tired, so tired of it and you know in very part of your being they will not stop, they will not tire, they will not learn of their wrong doing, no, they will continue to try to destroy you until they win and there is nothing you can do to stop it, so you just don't. You let them have whatever they want, you give them whatever they need, and do whatever is necessary to get it over with.

  7. #107
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Lance Armstrong Doping Charges: USADA To Ban Cyclist For Life, Strip Him Of 7 Tou

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Well, sorry. You're right: I don't know whether he's innocent or guilty. But what I have done is read what the man had to say. I find odd your unwilingness to at least read the few paragraphs (I posted a link from WaPo several pages ago) of what Armstrong said while still holding onto an opinion that is deliberately uninformed.
    I said I watched him make a statement on television...and I have no need to read his statement it wont change anything for me...I get a feeling your under the assumption that Im against Lance Armstrong that assumption would be wrong...I am against athletes using enhancing drugs...whether lance armstrong, or gary bonds, or any other athelete in any sport convicted of using them DID or DID NOT I dont have a clue..and it was not my decision...I admired Lance Armstrong for having fought cancer and coming back and being what I thought was the greatest cyclist alive...if he was using enhancing drugs...then he very well may not have been the greatest in the world
    Like I said nota...none of us know if hes guilty or innocent we have no choice but to leave to those that have all the information from investigating the incident to make the decision..

  8. #108
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Lance Armstrong Doping Charges: USADA To Ban Cyclist For Life, Strip Him Of 7 Tou

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    An attacker that never quits you just can't fight forever. It strains your heart, your soul, and your spirit in every way. At first you're driven to fight back all people that wish to label you falsely. You fight for a while, you prove them wrong, and like nothing happened they come back with the same fight and the same fire as they had before and maybe you do as well this time. However, this can continue endlessly and they simply do not tire of it and each time they come back you will have a little less strength to fight them off. In time you simply won't have it. You will look at them as they come back one last time and you just don't want to fight anymore. You're tired, so tired of it and you know in very part of your being they will not stop, they will not tire, they will not learn of their wrong doing, no, they will continue to try to destroy you until they win and there is nothing you can do to stop it, so you just don't. You let them have whatever they want, you give them whatever they need, and do whatever is necessary to get it over with.
    That can all be very true Henrin..I dont dispute that...what I told notabene applies here...None of us know if hes guilty or not...we all have to leave it to those that investigated it and have made the decision..

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Lance Armstrong Doping Charges: USADA To Ban Cyclist For Life, Strip Him Of 7 Tou

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    That can all be very true Henrin..I dont dispute that...what I told notabene applies here...None of us know if hes guilty or not...we all have to leave it to those that investigated it and have made the decision..
    The truth is we do. This has been going on forever and this is nothing more than the same fight he's already won over and over and over again. These assholes need to leave him the **** alone.

  10. #110
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Lance Armstrong Doping Charges: USADA To Ban Cyclist For Life, Strip Him Of 7 Tou

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The truth is we do. This has been going on forever and this is nothing more than the same fight he's already won over and over and over again. These assholes need to leave him the **** alone.
    I Like Armstrong...but you and I have beat this to death...I dont disagree with you for the most part.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •