Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 101

Thread: Careful What You Say

  1. #71
    Professor
    TheLastIndependent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    08-29-15 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Careful What You Say

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Sure, no problem, know any place we can send around 100 million neo-socialist? Maybe China wouldn't notice an extra 100 million or so and then all the neo-socialist can have what they want and will leave the rest of us alone. If they were logical and had any sence, they would already move somplace that has all of what they are asking our government to give them. But then again, if the were logical and had any sense, they wouldn't be neo-socialist.

    Interesting, they want to change the US to be more like these other countries, which they apparently think is the better way to do business but don't want to go there because they think the US is better and never stop to realize that maybe the reason the US is better is because we do not do business the same way as those other countries who's ways they want to adopt.
    I think we should ship off the neoconservatives with them and just clone TJefferson and AJackson over and over again and throw in a few Eisenhowers, LBJs (because he was a good guy), and Reagans.
    "The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool." : Stephen King

    "Commerce with all nations, alliance with none, should be our motto." Thomas Jefferson

  2. #72
    Student
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    09-02-17 @ 05:18 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    251

    Re: Careful What You Say

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    Except that the Supreme Court is just that: The Supreme Court. Their interpretation of the Constitution is law. A warrant was never necessary for taking a person to medical facility, because it isn't incarceration.
    Your reliance on Anthony is misplaced. The case dealt with qualified immunity, not the fourth amendment.

  3. #73
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Careful What You Say

    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
    Your reliance on Anthony is misplaced. The case dealt with qualified immunity, not the fourth amendment.
    You must be looking at a different case, because Anthony v The City of New York (8 Aug 2003) concerns Myra Anthony (a 34 old woman with down syndrome) who was taken to Kings County Hospital for psychiatric evaluation after an emergency call was placed. When the police could not contact Myra Anthony's legal guardian, they took her to a hospital for evaluation. The case against the City of New York challenged the validity of the officer's actions, in that it was believed that it violated her Forth Amendment rights. The Supreme Court upheld the decisions of the New York City Police.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  4. #74
    Sage
    RDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Last Seen
    10-10-17 @ 05:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,398

    Re: Careful What You Say

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Sure, no problem, know any place we can send around 100 million neo-socialist? Maybe China wouldn't notice an extra 100 million or so and then all the neo-socialist can have what they want and will leave the rest of us alone. If they were logical and had any sence, they would already move somplace that has all of what they are asking our government to give them. But then again, if the were logical and had any sense, they wouldn't be neo-socialist.

    Interesting, they want to change the US to be more like these other countries, which they apparently think is the better way to do business but don't want to go there because they think the US is better and never stop to realize that maybe the reason the US is better is because we do not do business the same way as those other countries who's ways they want to adopt.
    Why suddenly China cropped up here. Just relax man, they are some 20 years behind USA.

  5. #75
    Student
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    09-02-17 @ 05:18 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    251

    Re: Careful What You Say

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    You must be looking at a different case, because Anthony v The City of New York (8 Aug 2003) concerns Myra Anthony (a 34 old woman with down syndrome) who was taken to Kings County Hospital for psychiatric evaluation after an emergency call was placed. When the police could not contact Myra Anthony's legal guardian, they took her to a hospital for evaluation. The case against the City of New York challenged the validity of the officer's actions, in that it was believed that it violated her Forth Amendment rights.
    Nope, I've got the right one:
    we find it unnecessary to decide whether the warrantless seizure was a Fourth Amendment violation because the officers involved are entitled to qualified immunity. Nor can Anthony recover on her § 1983 claims against the City of New York and the officers in their official capacities, because there is no evidence that the warrantless seizure (assuming it was unconstitutional) was conducted pursuant to an official governmental policy or custom.
    Nothing was decided on fourth amendment grounds.

    The Supreme Court upheld the decisions of the New York City Police.
    The Second Circuit found the officers were entitled to qualified immunity.

    Not the same thing.

  6. #76
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,063

    Re: Careful What You Say

    This has already become an conspiracy theory nut job story. When 9/11 Truth Becomes a Criminal Offense: Marine Vet Arrested for 9/11 Facebook Posts



    Perhaps the conspiracy theories forum is a better place for this topic?

  7. #77
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Careful What You Say

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    This has already become an conspiracy theory nut job story. When 9/11 Truth Becomes a Criminal Offense: Marine Vet Arrested for 9/11 Facebook Posts



    Perhaps the conspiracy theories forum is a better place for this topic?
    Nah bro, they obviously sent him to a VA clinic solely for saying the same stuff millions of people say on facebook every day.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  8. #78
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:59 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,761

    Re: Careful What You Say

    Quote Originally Posted by John.NoseTip View Post
    Don't complain about the government because you could be inciting rebellion and find yourself jailed without trial.

    Free Speech Was Such A Nice Concept



    I disagree with the Obama slam on the video because Romney is all for this kind of thing and do we really need to recount Bush's record. In case you haven't figured it out the danger to America isn't the guy without a shirt it's the guys "just doing their job". It would be nice to live in country where this didn't happen and if it did we could bring charges on everyone involved in this kidnapping including the guys "just doing their job".
    There is a lot more to this story. This guy has been in the news recently as well. He got busted I think for making political statements while in uniform: and rightfully so. I'd like to gewt the back story on this incident in the OP video.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  9. #79
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Careful What You Say

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    There is a lot more to this story. This guy has been in the news recently as well. He got busted I think for making political statements while in uniform: and rightfully so. I'd like to gewt the back story on this incident in the OP video.
    That won't happen because it's pure propaganda. Similar events have happened in the past, but lo and behold, the one that gets the media attention is a Marine. One of America's more "touchy" topics. If you criticize a Marine, you hate America, so in this case, if you question this snuff piece, you're easily made out to be a "lying god-hating, baby killing, liberal-commie-pinko-anti-American that wants to see the terrorists win".
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  10. #80
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Careful What You Say

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    "....claiming he would “kickstart” resistance...." that and a "manifesto of grievences" and a picture of himself holding a gun and looking like he means it? With all the recent shootings, would you rather wait until he really did something? I dunno what to think.
    Guess we need precrime police out there to catch criminals before they even do anything, huh?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •