Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 101

Thread: Careful What You Say

  1. #61
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Careful What You Say

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    That is not what the fourth amendment says. Did you read it yet?
    I'm well aware of what it says. The Constitution also guarantees the right to peacably assemble, and that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, but guess what?
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-26-12 @ 06:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    96

    Re: Careful What You Say

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    I suspect the fbi monitors Facebook ala the Patriot Act...or maybe somebody turned him in. I dunno.

    Another question is how did the media or press know to show up when they arrested the guy....at his own house? What made him so special to get that kind of attention compared to countless other arrests?

    Trapwire? Is that like software that filters or picks up on key words? Such as....bomb.......ba ba bomb......ba ba ba bomb?
    What is TrapWire?

    While it’s been widely described as a Minority Report-like, global facial-recognition surveillance system to predict your every move, it’s actually much less exciting than that. TrapWire is kind of predictive, but it doesn’t apparently rely on facial recognition—probably because the company isn’t very good at that particular technology yet. It’s not necessarily worldwide, though its list of reported users is pretty extensive: Las Vegas casinos, #10 Downing Street, the New York City subway system (though the Department has flatly denied using the system), the LAPD, Washington, D.C., and all of Texas. Basically, TrapWire uses whatever closed-circuit cameras the user can access (like those domed security cameras on the ceilings of grocery stores, in the subway, and, well, everywhere else) to monitor activity. Nothing new so far; security cameras tend to do that kind of thing. But here’s where it gets interesting: “suspicious activities” – taking pictures, making measurements, and other things that could point to a nefarious terrorist plot – can be flagged. These are combined with civilian reports aggregated by the software (think “If you see something, say something”), and assessed by TrapWire analysts. The resulting “suspicious activity reports” are sent to the user and any relevant law enforcement, including the Department of Homeland Security.
    TrapWire: The Less-Than-Advertised System To Spy On Americans - The Daily Beast

  3. #63
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Careful What You Say

    That retard sounds like a run of the mill Ron Paul supporter.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #64
    Professor
    TheLastIndependent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    08-29-15 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Careful What You Say

    I think anarchy is fun. Assassinations are like Call of Duty. I hate the cops. There is a bomb in my pants. This subway is a great target for my penis bomb. Come at me CIA.

    In all seriousnes, I would be fairly certain that the CIA had reason to order his arrest. Any number of unarrested people have said raucus things so I'm gonna throw out there that he probably was doing whatever they said. Mistakes would be devastating to the CIA's integritiy so I highly doubt that they would risk a slip up.

    Note: I used the CIA because I don't know what agency this involves but I'd assume FBI/CIA
    "The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool." : Stephen King

    "Commerce with all nations, alliance with none, should be our motto." Thomas Jefferson

  5. #65
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,921

    Re: Careful What You Say

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastIndependent View Post
    I think anarchy is fun. Assassinations are like Call of Duty. I hate the cops. There is a bomb in my pants. This subway is a great target for my penis bomb. Come at me CIA.

    In all seriousnes, I would be fairly certain that the CIA had reason to order his arrest. Any number of unarrested people have said raucus things so I'm gonna throw out there that he probably was doing whatever they said. Mistakes would be devastating to the CIA's integritiy so I highly doubt that they would risk a slip up.

    Note: I used the CIA because I don't know what agency this involves but I'd assume FBI/CIA
    Do please read my previous entry, in short he was already ordered let go.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  6. #66
    User EnigmaIncognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    11-24-12 @ 05:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    58

    Re: Careful What You Say

    His FB post sounds almost inspiring, if it wasn't a stereotypical right wing libertarian rant.

    I check his FB page. I don't see the long rant anywhere, nor do I see any threatening posts. Were they removed perhaps?

    Also he made a post 13 hours ago where he thanks the support of his friends and family. Either he's been released from government detention, or someone is posting on his behalf while he remains incarcerated.

  7. #67
    Professor
    Penderyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    UK, Cymru mostly.
    Last Seen
    05-03-17 @ 09:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,618

    Re: Careful What You Say

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    relevance?
    I'd have though it was obvious. What use is a purely decorative Constitution?

  8. #68
    Professor
    TheLastIndependent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    08-29-15 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Careful What You Say

    Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    I'd have though it was obvious. What use is a purely decorative Constitution?
    It's pretty?
    "The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool." : Stephen King

    "Commerce with all nations, alliance with none, should be our motto." Thomas Jefferson

  9. #69
    Sage
    RDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Last Seen
    10-10-17 @ 05:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,398

    Re: Careful What You Say

    So before you preach about human rights, freedom and democracy to the rest of the world put your own house in order first.

  10. #70
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Careful What You Say

    Quote Originally Posted by RDS View Post
    So before you preach about human rights, freedom and democracy to the rest of the world put your own house in order first.
    Sure, no problem, know any place we can send around 100 million neo-socialist? Maybe China wouldn't notice an extra 100 million or so and then all the neo-socialist can have what they want and will leave the rest of us alone. If they were logical and had any sence, they would already move somplace that has all of what they are asking our government to give them. But then again, if the were logical and had any sense, they wouldn't be neo-socialist.

    Interesting, they want to change the US to be more like these other countries, which they apparently think is the better way to do business but don't want to go there because they think the US is better and never stop to realize that maybe the reason the US is better is because we do not do business the same way as those other countries who's ways they want to adopt.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •