Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 101

Thread: Careful What You Say

  1. #51
    Professor
    00timh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    upstate NY
    Last Seen
    01-24-14 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,318

    Re: Careful What You Say

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    So wait, this guy is a patriot for taking some libertarian ideas to the ideological extreme, but Ron Paul endorses a watered down version and he's a dangerous nut job? Can't have it both ways.

    I'm skeptical of this case. Either the govt. overreacted or we don't have the full picture.
    I will go with your latter assumption. Tens of thousands post paranoid dribble across the internet everyday. Why do they go after this guy? Just saying the government if F-kd up is not a reason to do what they did, and would not even cause any red flags for them to do so. I would imagine there is a lot more to this guy then simply rambling off about evil tyrannical government that is done endlessly throughout the internet every day.

  2. #52
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,925

    Re: Careful What You Say

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    Except that the Supreme Court is just that: The Supreme Court. Their interpretation of the Constitution is law. A warrant was never necessary for taking a person to medical facility, because it isn't incarceration.
    Like saying a regulation is not a law. If it has the effect of law it is a law. Same with incarceration. Detention and placement into a mental institution has the effect of incarceration so therefore should be considered incarceration. Parcing words is a two way street. You would think an attorney would be able argue this effectively.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  3. #53
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Careful What You Say

    Quote Originally Posted by pimptight View Post
    Your making my point for me by saying worst things are posted everyday without consequence. And my point lies in the suspicious behavior software Trapwire has!
    Your point is that the government violated the 4th amendment rights of this guy over some some stuff he said on facebook.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    And?? I'm waiting for you to defend your support for them here. I see nothing so far.
    Then you're intentionally ignoring reality.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  4. #54
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Careful What You Say

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    That's nice and all, but he wasn't sent to jail. He was sent to a VA hospital for psychiatric observation, which tells me there's a whole hell of a lot more to this story than what's being told.
    Maybe the government reacted the way it did because of his military experience.
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Careful What You Say

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    Your point is that the government violated the 4th amendment rights of this guy over some some stuff he said on facebook.

    Then you're intentionally ignoring reality.
    I'm looking at the words written that make up the fourth amendment and then understanding what each and every last word means in the English language and the intended purpose of the amendment. It's apparent that the supreme court ignored basic English and the intent of the amendment that was right in front of them to come up with the decision that a medical facility is somehow not counted. Its also apparent that you can't actually defend them here or your support for it. These are all things in reality. Sorry.

  6. #56
    Professor
    Penderyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    UK, Cymru mostly.
    Last Seen
    05-03-17 @ 09:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,618

    Re: Careful What You Say

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    Our country was built on the right to rise up and resist. Our constitution protects that. His manifesto of grievences I listed above. Nothing wrong with anything this man said.
    It didn't do much to protect McCarthy's victims when they needed it, did it?

  7. #57
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Careful What You Say

    Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    It didn't do much to protect McCarthy's victims when they needed it, did it?
    relevance?
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  8. #58
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Careful What You Say

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    Maybe the government reacted the way it did because of his military experience.
    There's a lot more to this than what's being stated. Police send a guy to a VA clinic (not a regular state run medical facility, but the VA) over something he said on facebook? Yeah, ok. For some reason, people like to think that Veterans are super human demigods that are impervious to fault and human imperfection, but we're human like anyone else. We can snap and lose our minds just like anyone else, but we're more dangerous when we do. There was a group in a Stryker unit that murdered Afghans, and kept hands and fingers as trophies, and SSGT Bales, who walked off post one day and massacred 17 Afghans. We have Marines and Soldiers who have come back from deployment, and killed themselves and/or others. I remember one guy murdered his entire family, including his child who wasn't even old enough to walk, before shooting himself. Another, a Marine, decided he wanted to die by starting a firefight with the police, he killed a couple of them. But this Marine is a sweet lil angel that would never hurt a fly, and got oppressed by the mean ole gubmint? I'm not buying it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I'm looking at the words written that make up the fourth amendment and then understanding what each and every last word means in the English language and the intended purpose of the amendment. It's apparent that the supreme court ignored basic English and the intent of the amendment that was right in front of them to come up with the decision that a medical facility is somehow not counted. Its also apparent that you can't actually defend them here or your support for it. These are all things in reality. Sorry.
    Then take it up with the Supreme Court. A warrant, nor Miranda Rights have never been required for hospitalization.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  9. #59
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,925

    Re: Careful What You Say

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    There's a lot more to this than what's being stated. Police send a guy to a VA clinic (not a regular state run medical facility, but the VA) over something he said on facebook? Yeah, ok. For some reason, people like to think that Veterans are super human demigods that are impervious to fault and human imperfection, but we're human like anyone else. We can snap and lose our minds just like anyone else, but we're more dangerous when we do. There was a group in a Stryker unit that murdered Afghans, and kept hands and fingers as trophies, and SSGT Bales, who walked off post one day and massacred 17 Afghans. We have Marines and Soldiers who have come back from deployment, and killed themselves and/or others. I remember one guy murdered his entire family, including his child who wasn't even old enough to walk, before shooting himself. Another, a Marine, decided he wanted to die by starting a firefight with the police, he killed a couple of them. But this Marine is a sweet lil angel that would never hurt a fly, and got oppressed by the mean ole gubmint? I'm not buying it.



    Then take it up with the Supreme Court. A warrant, nor Miranda Rights have never been required for hospitalization.
    A judge just ordered him released, saying very specifically the goverment had absolutely nothing with which the could hold him. Thats a serious statement by a judge. They dont normally do that.
    Last edited by PirateMk1; 08-24-12 at 07:02 PM. Reason: spelling
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Careful What You Say

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    TThen take it up with the Supreme Court. A warrant, nor Miranda Rights have never been required for hospitalization.
    That is not what the fourth amendment says. Did you read it yet?

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •