Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 101

Thread: Careful What You Say

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Careful What You Say

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    The Supreme Court case of Anthony v. the City of New York.
    That is nice and all, but I'm asking you, not them.

    Let us quote it and maybe you can find where the exception is..

    The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.[1]
    Please show me where there is room for a exception in there. Hell, copy what the supreme court said on the matter if you want. It won't make a damn bit of a difference because, guess what, it's not there. There is no wiggle room in that statement and we both know it.
    Last edited by Henrin; 08-24-12 at 01:56 AM.

  2. #42
    Student John.NoseTip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Music City
    Last Seen
    10-17-12 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    287

    Re: Careful What You Say

    Someone being incarcerated is incarcerated be it the county jail, cookoo's nest or Gimto your a** is locked up. The reason they didn't take him to a traditional jail was because a judge might call bull**** on their reasons which is what happened. Actually the judge said they had no reasons. People buying into this notion that someone can be locked up because what they "think" or "say" is a frightening prospect.

    “No," said the priest, "you don't need to accept everything as true, you only have to accept it as necessary." "Depressing view," said K.
    "The lie made into the rule of the world.”
    ― Franz Kafka, The Trial

    I'm to believe voting matters when both major candidates have no problem with this kind of thing. Not buying it and if you vote for either one this is the kind of thing you are voting for. You might as well wear a t-shirt that reads "More Jails Less Liberty!" or "We Don't Need No Stinkin Civil Liberties!" with a donkey or elephant on the back it doesn't matter which.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-26-12 @ 06:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    96

    Re: Careful What You Say

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    Show me where I made any "excuses". The 4th Amendment does not apply to psychiatric detention, and the media coverage has an overwhelming bias concerning this story. One fact that is surprisingly going ignored is that he was sent to a VA clinic. That's a pretty big detail to overlook, and a very important one, as well.
    If the information obtained to qualify for psychiatric detention was obtained without a warrant, it makes no difference what they did with the info.

    You keep referring to the media coverage, when the story I am referring to has been blacked out by both wings of the MSM.

  4. #44
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Careful What You Say

    Quote Originally Posted by pimptight View Post
    If the information obtained to qualify for psychiatric detention was obtained without a warrant, it makes no difference what they did with the info.
    A warrant isn't required for taking someone to a medical facility.

    You keep referring to the media coverage, when the story I am referring to has been blacked out by both wings of the MSM.
    Brandon Raub is just a google search away. Two things stand out:

    I. Worst things are posted on Facebook without consequence every day.

    II. The fact that he was taken to a VA clinic instead of a regular civilian facility tells me that it's more than likely that he has a history of mental health issues that were documented during his time in the military.

    Neither are given any consideration in the attempt to turn Raub into a political martyr.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  5. #45
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Careful What You Say

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    That is nice and all, but I'm asking you, not them.
    Except that the Supreme Court is just that: The Supreme Court. Their interpretation of the Constitution is law. A warrant was never necessary for taking a person to medical facility, because it isn't incarceration.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-26-12 @ 06:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    96

    Re: Careful What You Say

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    A warrant isn't required for taking someone to a medical facility.


    Brandon Raub is just a google search away. Two things stand out:

    I. Worst things are posted on Facebook without consequence every day.

    II. The fact that he was taken to a VA clinic instead of a regular civilian facility tells me that it's more than likely that he has a history of mental health issues that were documented during his time in the military.

    Neither are given any consideration in the attempt to turn Raub into a political martyr.
    Your making my point for me by saying worst things are posted everyday without consequence. And my point lies in the suspicious behavior software Trapwire has!

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Careful What You Say

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    Except that the Supreme Court is just that: The Supreme Court. Their interpretation of the Constitution is law.
    And?? I'm waiting for you to defend your support for them here. I see nothing so far.

    A warrant was never necessary for taking a person to medical facility, because it isn't incarceration.
    That is not what it says.

    And just so you know, it is.

  8. #48
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,467

    Re: Careful What You Say

    Quote Originally Posted by pimptight View Post
    The question for me is how did they find this information?

    Spoiler alert: Trapwire
    I suspect the fbi monitors Facebook ala the Patriot Act...or maybe somebody turned him in. I dunno.

    Another question is how did the media or press know to show up when they arrested the guy....at his own house? What made him so special to get that kind of attention compared to countless other arrests?

    Trapwire? Is that like software that filters or picks up on key words? Such as....bomb.......ba ba bomb......ba ba ba bomb?
    Last edited by Moot; 08-24-12 at 04:42 AM.

  9. #49
    Student John.NoseTip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Music City
    Last Seen
    10-17-12 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    287

    Re: Careful What You Say

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    I suspect the fbi monitors Facebook ala the Patriot Act...or maybe somebody turned him in. I dunno.

    Another question is how did the media or press know to show up when they arrested the guy....at his own house? What made him so special to get that kind of attention compared to countless other arrests?

    Trapwire? Is that like software that filters or picks up on key words? Such as....bomb.......ba ba bomb......ba ba ba bomb?
    They say users turned him in. I think the video is from his family not the press but I'm not certain about that.

    Trapwire got a little bit of press in the Anon Stratfor hacked emails. Stratfor was marketing Trapwire to their clients without notifying their clients they had a financial interest. State of Texas is probably their biggest customer and Burton the head of Stratfor worked as head of the department that approved the purchase of Trapwire. There are many theories out there but my understanding is it's data mining software that claims to have some predicative abilities and sophisticated pattern recognition ability like being able to differentiate between a tourist videotaping something and a terrorist videotaping for nefarious purposes.

    Stratfor EMail

    On that subject if anyone knows who "Our Lady Of our Dripping Springs" is please post it or pm me. The best I could do is the TX state rep for Drippings was Patrick Rose and he was referenced in one of the emails relating to Texas purchasing Trapwire.

    Wired Article

  10. #50
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Careful What You Say

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You don't know that this is why he was detained. You shouldn't assume you have all the details.
    Clearly stated in the article.

    After a quick hearing, government officials confirmed that Raub’s Facebook posts necessitated his detention, refusing to acknowledge legal objections that the words were wrongly interpreted.

    Read more: The case of Brandon Raub: Can the government detain you over Facebook posts? | Washington Times Communities
    Follow us: @wtcommunities on Twitter
    It also goes on to list his facebook posts.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •