Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Ryan hits Obama on defense sequestration at helicopter museum campaign stop

  1. #11
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: Ryan hits Obama on defense sequestration at helicopter museum campaign stop

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    When people say the government can't create jobs, I think they mean that it can't create wealth. People are very fixated on wealth as being the most important thing there is.

    The government is the largest employer and those jobs are held by middle class americans. I assume that's a good thing.

    IMHO, wealth is highly over-rated but inherent to the function of society as we know it.
    Wealth is having a collection of currency and material things (in this sense of the word anyway). It basically boils back to money. What is money? It's a representation of work. Work creates wealth. When a bridge is built, it doesn't matter whether it was the US Federal Bridge Service or BridgeCorp overseeing the project.

    Because at the end of the day you have a bridge.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #12
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Ryan hits Obama on defense sequestration at helicopter museum campaign stop

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    There are a couple of problems with what Ryan said:

    1) Yes, Obama signed the bill (The 2013 budget, which contains the cuts), which originated in the Republican controlled House, was brought to the floor by Republicans, and was voted on and passed by that same body.

    2) Paul Ryan voted in favor of it. Now he's against it, and acting like he had nothing to do with it?

    Make of it what you will.

    Article is here.
    What shall we call this...ahhh PhonyCronyism Obama has a stellar record on Terrorism and keeping america safe...theres been many top leaders and the TOP guy captured and killed under his watch...his record is far better than bushs...and I thought bush did well.

  3. #13
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Ryan hits Obama on defense sequestration at helicopter museum campaign stop

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    When people say the government can't create jobs, I think they mean that it can't create wealth. People are very fixated on wealth as being the most important thing there is.

    The government is the largest employer and those jobs are held by middle class americans. I assume that's a good thing.

    IMHO, wealth is highly over-rated but inherent to the function of society as we know it.

    Govt creates jobs at all lvls...from your local little town right on up...and without many of them there would be chaos

  4. #14
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Ryan hits Obama on defense sequestration at helicopter museum campaign stop

    Yeah, I'm not agitated about the money the USG spends on workers. Most countries, government is the source of a large % of middle-class jobs.

    I think the anger is more with what some of the government invests in and how inefficiently it does so. If they add ONE more housing program that helps no-one, I'm going to scream.

    Anyway, no matter who has the White House, government will always expand and expand and expand. I can't imagine the unemployent rate if the USG shrunk down to the few hundred people it could probably do everything with if they weren't such busy-bodies.



    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Govt creates jobs at all lvls...from your local little town right on up...and without many of them there would be chaos

  5. #15
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Ryan hits Obama on defense sequestration at helicopter museum campaign stop

    Yes, that's true. You now have a bridge. But wh
    hen you invest in foreign aid, wars and other highly corrupted things, sometimes you see a bizillion dollars spent and the bridge is in China.


    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Wealth is having a collection of currency and material things (in this sense of the word anyway). It basically boils back to money. What is money? It's a representation of work. Work creates wealth. When a bridge is built, it doesn't matter whether it was the US Federal Bridge Service or BridgeCorp overseeing the project.

    Because at the end of the day you have a bridge.

  6. #16
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,104

    Re: Ryan hits Obama on defense sequestration at helicopter museum campaign stop

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Just as funny as when Ryan blamed Obama for the closure of an auto-parts plant... that happened under Bush.

    Reality and facts are not the strong suit of the Ryan/Romney campaign.
    ...and, fortunately for them, neither is it a strong suit of their constituency.

  7. #17
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Ryan hits Obama on defense sequestration at helicopter museum campaign stop

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    There are a couple of problems with what Ryan said:

    1) Yes, Obama signed the bill (The 2013 budget, which contains the cuts), which originated in the Republican controlled House, was brought to the floor by Republicans, and was voted on and passed by that same body.

    2) Paul Ryan voted in favor of it. Now he's against it, and acting like he had nothing to do with it?

    Make of it what you will.

    Article is here.
    He is a perfect match with the top of the ticket--- a major flip flopper.


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •