Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: SEAL responds after Media Matters staffer says Obama-critical SEALs ‘don’t have guts’

  1. #1
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    SEAL responds after Media Matters staffer says Obama-critical SEALs ‘don’t have guts’

    Media Matters senior fellow Eric Boehlert said on Thursday that a group of former Navy SEALS “don’t have guts” after the special forces operators launched a media campaign condemning the Obama administration’s national security leaks.

    Read more: Media Matters staffer says Navy SEALs 'don't have guts' | The Daily Caller



    Wrong?

    Spot on?

    More politics as usual?
    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy; it's inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." Winston Churchill

  2. #2
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: SEAL responds after Media Matters staffer says Obama-critical SEALs ‘don’t have g

    It's the Daily Calleeeeer. Of course it's just more politics as usual. However, the Navy Seals keeping the story in the headlines kind of undermines their criticism of the need for secrecy and the leak-er.

  3. #3
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-16 @ 07:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,526

    Re: SEAL responds after Media Matters staffer says Obama-critical SEALs ‘don’t have g

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    the Navy Seals keeping the story in the headlines kind of undermines their criticism of the need for secrecy and the leak-er.
    Cats out of the bag, doesn't really matter. Did you feel the same way when the story of the Valerie Plame outing with its continous coverage including an f-ing movie was all over the place for nearly a year?

    The coverage on these leaks has been downright minimal.

  4. #4
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: SEAL responds after Media Matters staffer says Obama-critical SEALs ‘don’t have g

    Its becoming pretty apparent...that the military feels towards obama now...how we felt about johnson...not much is going to change their mind

  5. #5
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    Re: SEAL responds after Media Matters staffer says Obama-critical SEALs ‘don’t have g

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    It's the Daily Calleeeeer. Of course it's just more politics as usual. However, the Navy Seals keeping the story in the headlines kind of undermines their criticism of the need for secrecy and the leak-er.
    Seriously, that's your argument against them? If they want things to be kept secret then they shouldn't mention any past problems with security?

    And what's up with the "However," as if your spin on this is not politically driven? Well, then what drove that.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 08-17-12 at 12:41 PM.

  6. #6
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: SEAL responds after Media Matters staffer says Obama-critical SEALs ‘don’t have g

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishstyx View Post
    Cats out of the bag, doesn't really matter. Did you feel the same way when the story of the Valerie Plame outing with its continous coverage including an f-ing movie was all over the place for nearly a year?

    The coverage on these leaks has been downright minimal.
    It's hard to say just how secret the SEALs operations are supposed to be or how minimal the coverage is when you can read their tell-all books and google Navy SEALS images and see all their faces and how they train and where.
    Last edited by Moot; 08-17-12 at 03:29 PM.

  7. #7
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: SEAL responds after Media Matters staffer says Obama-critical SEALs ‘don’t have g

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Seriously, that's your argument against them? If they want things to be kept secret then they shouldn't mention any past problems with security?

    And what's up with the "However," as if your spin on this is not politically driven? Well, then what drove that.
    It's a secret. "If I tell you then I'd have to kill ya." LOL

  8. #8
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-16 @ 07:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,526

    Re: SEAL responds after Media Matters staffer says Obama-critical SEALs ‘don’t have g

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    It's hard to say just how secret the SEALs operations are supposed to be or how minimal the coverage is when you can read their tell-all books and google Navy SEALS images and see all their faces and how they train and where.
    Do you understand why they were angry about the announcement of the kill?

    They were angry because all the intel gathered in his home instantly becomes useless.

  9. #9
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: SEAL responds after Media Matters staffer says Obama-critical SEALs ‘don’t have g

    I'd like to see the guy from the Daily Caller tell a Seal, to his face, just what he wrote.
    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy; it's inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." Winston Churchill

  10. #10
    Advisor Another Lurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Uncle Joe's state
    Last Seen
    09-01-12 @ 10:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    319

    Re: SEAL responds after Media Matters staffer says Obama-critical SEALs ‘don’t have g

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    I'd like to see the guy from the Daily Caller tell a Seal, to his face, just what he wrote.
    Me too.

    A L

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •