Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
Results 171 to 179 of 179

Thread: Mitt Romney: 'I Never Paid Less Than 13 Percent' In Taxes

  1. #171
    Professor
    finebead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 09:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,558

    Re: Mitt Romney: 'I Never Paid Less Than 13 Percent' In Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    What idiocy saying I lied the Income tax code has been progressive-not all the other taxes.

    the united states for a majority of its history did not have a progressive income tax.

    a progressive tax scheme was designed to allow congress to buy the most votes possible
    You say I lied, I posted documentation showing support for my side. You have posted no such proof, nothing. Prove your assertion. What idiocy saying I have lied when I am the only one with documented support of my position.

  2. #172
    Professor
    finebead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 09:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,558

    Re: Mitt Romney: 'I Never Paid Less Than 13 Percent' In Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    It is a left leaning organization but what were you whining bout?
    Prove it. I have documented backup for my position that it is a balanced organization (above). Your saying it does not make it true, does not stand up to my documentation. Prove it, or you got nothing. blah blah blah.

  3. #173
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Mitt Romney: 'I Never Paid Less Than 13 Percent' In Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by waas View Post
    Take a gander at my political leaning right there on the left, hun. I'm sure you know the answer to that question.

    Also, I think Romeny'll be better off if he just clears up this whole controversy by releasing those clean tax forms.
    He won't and there's a good reason.

    The longer Romney refuses to release the more people will think he's hiding something. That casts him not only as secretive, but dishonest. Why would a candidate break a transparency tradition that every candidate in the modern era has freely done?

    Because there's something really bad in there. Romney's refusal is actively helping Obama's campaign cast suspicion on Romney's finances and honesty. You don't help your opponent label you as being out of touch, secretive and dishonest unless proving them wrong releases something far worse then not paying much legally.

    How many campaigns have you seen where candidate A helped candidate B spread a nasty rumor about candidate A?

    Romney's making it worse for him. That alone tells me there's something much worse then not paying much legally.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #174
    Death2Globalists Matt Foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ExecuteTheTraitors
    Last Seen
    11-24-12 @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,574

    Re: Mitt Romney: 'I Never Paid Less Than 13 Percent' In Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    There is no point in releasing records because people have their minds made up already, and the issue isn't about Romney specifically...... If you want to have a discussion about taxes then have one, you don't need Romney's personal tax records to talk about taxes.

    This is nothing more than a way to get votes by using the "class warfare" tactic.
    I guess you Libertarians aren't big on "open government" and honesty and all that stuff.
    Globalist = Free Trade, Open Borders, Multiculturalist, Anti-White Racist, Hypocrite, Sophist, Deceiver, Manipulator, Warmonger, Vulgar Culture, Morally Depraved......Enemy

    Death to Globalists

  5. #175
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Mitt Romney: 'I Never Paid Less Than 13 Percent' In Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    He won't and there's a good reason.

    The longer Romney refuses to release the more people will think he's hiding something. That casts him not only as secretive, but dishonest. Why would a candidate break a transparency tradition that every candidate in the modern era has freely done?

    Because there's something really bad in there. Romney's refusal is actively helping Obama's campaign cast suspicion on Romney's finances and honesty. You don't help your opponent label you as being out of touch, secretive and dishonest unless proving them wrong releases something far worse then not paying much legally.

    How many campaigns have you seen where candidate A helped candidate B spread a nasty rumor about candidate A?

    Romney's making it worse for him. That alone tells me there's something much worse then not paying much legally.
    Or... maybe.... the only people who care aren't going to vote for him anyways.

    This is birther all over again.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  6. #176
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Riding a tapir
    Last Seen
    01-27-13 @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,432
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Mitt Romney: 'I Never Paid Less Than 13 Percent' In Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    He won't and there's a good reason.

    The longer Romney refuses to release the more people will think he's hiding something. That casts him not only as secretive, but dishonest. Why would a candidate break a transparency tradition that every candidate in the modern era has freely done?

    Because there's something really bad in there. Romney's refusal is actively helping Obama's campaign cast suspicion on Romney's finances and honesty. You don't help your opponent label you as being out of touch, secretive and dishonest unless proving them wrong releases something far worse then not paying much legally.

    How many campaigns have you seen where candidate A helped candidate B spread a nasty rumor about candidate A?

    Romney's making it worse for him. That alone tells me there's something much worse then not paying much legally.
    Does it? What do you know about the Mormons? Based on the literature I've read on them, they tend to be a very devout faith. Can you guess why? Well, to put it simply, due to the date of their founding you can cite and make inferences(based on the history of) any prominent person in their history. This has lead to numerous academics debunking various portions of their religion. All this tells us something very important: You have to be either really or devout really uninformed for this faith to hold any weight in your mind - I'm certain a person like Romney isn't the latter of the two.

    So going on the assumption that Romney is a devout Mormon, he obviously holds the values of a Mormon. The Mormons(aside from the religion's leaders) are a squeaky clean group of people(if you want proof, go look at BYU or the CIA recruiters in Provo). I don't think he's done anything he needs to hide, he merely wants to keep his obscene income out of the public eye in an effort to seem more relateable - and an effort to try and make his interests look aligned with ours.

  7. #177
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,981

    Re: Mitt Romney: 'I Never Paid Less Than 13 Percent' In Taxes

    Didn't McCain just release a couple of years worth of records? McCain started the trend of not releasing 7-10 years worth of records.
    When Obama was running against Clinton in the primary, didn't he release more only to force Hilary to release more?
    Though not running for the Office of the President, Reid won't release more. He says he reports his income as required by Congress. The public has no need to know more.

    Guess I will ask, why would it matter that Romney payed X amount of tax versus Y amount as long as the taxs were not broken?

    I would venture a guess that releasing his tax forms will not change the minds of those who oppose Romney.

    Ask Congress to change the tax code if you don't like the current laws.

  8. #178
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Mitt Romney: 'I Never Paid Less Than 13 Percent' In Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by waas View Post
    Does it?
    Nothing in my post was about Mormons.

    Not even sure how you got that link.

    Romney's likely has a tax scandal in 2009. I'd bet hard money it's the UBS tax shelter.

    It's a well known fact Mormons tithe lots. That doesn't bother me (and I doubt it bothers many either).

    But a full on tax shelter illegal scandal? That's something else.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  9. #179
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Mitt Romney: 'I Never Paid Less Than 13 Percent' In Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Or... maybe.... the only people who care aren't going to vote for him anyways.

    This is birther all over again.
    Maybe.

    Obama refusing to release cast suspicion the same way that Romney refusing casts suspicion. But Obama did release. Romney flat out stated he will not. And former presidents and candidates have released in droves. Breaking a tradition of openness at the same time refusing to release likely the only year that really matters does not bode well.

    IMO, and in many other tax professionals, there's only really one thing in 2009 that's worse than having people think you paid next to nothing: The UBS tax shelter scandal.

    I have never seen a campaign keep fueling a rumor by their opponents that is so easily refuted for so long. Furthermore, Romney knows that people who understand taxes know he paid. There's no question like that, at BEST he got away with one year of no taxes via using all his losses and even then that's hard to do. So he then pushes those who understand into thinking, what could possibly be worse then paying very little and was before 2010? This is a low target environment. It doesn't take much to narrow it down as to what Romney would not want people to know. And if I was him, I'd want you to think I used high powered tax attorneys to pay very little then own up to the UBS scandal. I don't blame him at ALL for not releasing and if I was him, I'd let the democrats go hog wild on me then release.

    Romney and his supporters should know that those in the know don't need for Romney to release to figure out what's really bothering him about releasing his returns. We can figure it out ourselves.

    I'd really love to get an answer from someone here on this question:

    How many campaigns have you seen where candidate A helped candidate B spread a nasty rumor about candidate A?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •