Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 179

Thread: Mitt Romney: 'I Never Paid Less Than 13 Percent' In Taxes

  1. #131
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,935

    Re: Mitt Romney: 'I Never Paid Less Than 13 Percent' In Taxes

    It is terrorfying to think one citizen in this country is not aware of how our politicians operate. FACT:All politicians lie, cheat and steal. Is Romney the only wealthy politician? Any one remember the Kennedys? Is miss Nancy Pelosi poor? My God, they are all crooks so when you are waving your banners and listening to the speeches that are all the same for the past 300 years remember they are "leaders" and you are "followers". Or as sheep say, "bah-h-h-h-h-h.
    It's nothing more than X's and O's.

  2. #132
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,620

    Re: Mitt Romney: 'I Never Paid Less Than 13 Percent' In Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by finebead View Post
    You don't even understand the issue. It is not whether I pay the same rate on like income.

    The tax system is SUPPOSED to be PROGRESSIVE. Richer people are supposed to pay a higher percentage of their total income in taxes, because they can better afford to pay the taxes and still be rich.

    I am a wage earner who earns much less than Romney. Romney earns almost all of his income from long term capital gains, which is also true of many other very wealthy people.

    Income from wages and income from long term capital gains are BOTH INCOME. They should be taxed at the same rate. The rich should not be given special privilege over the wage earner.

    Because I earn a proportionally larger part of my income from wages does not mean I should pay tax at an overall rate higher than a rich person who makes most of his income from long term capital gains.

    But that is what is happening, I pay an overall tax rate higher than Romney, and that's wrong.

    It is not moronic to support Obama because he advocates a fairer tax model than the republicans, rather, it's the right thing to do. It's not the only reason I support Obama, he didn't blow up a bubble in housing, he didn't preside over a collapse of the banking system, he didn't start a trillion dollar war over WMD that didn't exist, and he is taking steps to correct the most egregious abuses of health insurance companies like allowing them to drop paying customers who get seriously ill or refusing to cover them at all.
    the tax system is NOT SUPPOSED TO BE PROGRESSIVE-some TYPES OF TAXES are some are not so stop the lies.

    The only people being given privileges are people like you who pay far less and still get the same citizenship benefits.

    Many rich people have mainly salary income yet they pay far more of that in taxes than you do

  3. #133
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,158

    Re: Mitt Romney: 'I Never Paid Less Than 13 Percent' In Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the tax system is NOT SUPPOSED TO BE PROGRESSIVE-some TYPES OF TAXES are some are not so stop the lies.

    The only people being given privileges are people like you who pay far less and still get the same citizenship benefits.

    Many rich people have mainly salary income yet they pay far more of that in taxes than you do
    That's not true at all...when all taxes are taken into account the % paid is closer to a camel hump and actually pretty flat.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  4. #134
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,620

    Re: Mitt Romney: 'I Never Paid Less Than 13 Percent' In Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    That's not true at all...when all taxes are taken into account the % paid is closer to a camel hump and actually pretty flat.
    so you are saying that most people over 200K don't have salary inco0me

    and why are you trying to use non-progressive rates to determine how progressive things are

    the progressive rates of a tax are based on that tax itself

    and how do you deny that rich people pay more tax than you do-tax dollars

  5. #135
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,158

    Re: Mitt Romney: 'I Never Paid Less Than 13 Percent' In Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    so you are saying that most people over 200K don't have salary inco0me

    and why are you trying to use non-progressive rates to determine how progressive things are

    the progressive rates of a tax are based on that tax itself
    No...I wouldn't say most people. I think that most people above 200k receive income and upper middle income class individuals bear a bulk of the taxes in the country. The richer you are though the more income you generally receive from investments.

    The reason I use non-progressive taxes is the fact that all individuals in this country pay some sort of tax. Federal income tax is generally the most progressive tax in the country (except for mega wealthy) but at the end of the day...if someone pays 20% of their income in local/state/city/federal/payroll taxes they pay 20% of their salary to fund government. It doesn't matter to the individual paying how it's split up and to what entity it goes to. Everything I've seen from broadining the base or this idea that individuals at the lower rungs don't pay into society is just false.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  6. #136
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Mitt Romney: 'I Never Paid Less Than 13 Percent' In Taxes

    There's nothing wrong with Romney not releasing his tax return info. Nothing.

    He was asked to, he apparently doesn't want to, so deal with it. Don't vote for him if it bothers you so much.

    The real issue here is the tax laws. We don't need Romney's tax returns to discuss that. Romney's tax return results will not change anyone's mind on that issue, though.

    Does anyone think that if Romney got away not paying anything at all in 2003 Turtle Dude is suddenly going to say, "Well, if Romney made $20 million in 2003, but didn't pay anything at all in taxes, that means the tax laws should be changed. I'm voting for Obama"? anyone? Show of hands?

    Conversely, does anyone thing that if Romney paid $10 million on a $20 million dollar income in 2003 Disney dude is going to say "Well, since Romney made $20 million in 2003 and he paid 50% of that, teh tax laws appear to have some fairness in them. I'm voting Romney"? anyone? show of hands?


    So why the **** is this such a goddamned issue? It's just like Obama's grades or long form birth certificate. They distract from legitimate discussions that probably still won't lead anywhere fruitful, but at least they aren't totally retarded.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  7. #137
    Death2Globalists Matt Foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ExecuteTheTraitors
    Last Seen
    11-24-12 @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,574

    Re: Mitt Romney: 'I Never Paid Less Than 13 Percent' In Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    There's nothing wrong with Romney not releasing his tax return info. Nothing.

    He was asked to, he apparently doesn't want to, so deal with it. Don't vote for him if it bothers you so much.

    The real issue here is the tax laws. We don't need Romney's tax returns to discuss that. Romney's tax return results will not change anyone's mind on that issue, though.

    Does anyone think that if Romney got away not paying anything at all in 2003 Turtle Dude is suddenly going to say, "Well, if Romney made $20 million in 2003, but didn't pay anything at all in taxes, that means the tax laws should be changed. I'm voting for Obama"? anyone? Show of hands?

    Conversely, does anyone thing that if Romney paid $10 million on a $20 million dollar income in 2003 Disney dude is going to say "Well, since Romney made $20 million in 2003 and he paid 50% of that, teh tax laws appear to have some fairness in them. I'm voting Romney"? anyone? show of hands?


    So why the **** is this such a goddamned issue? It's just like Obama's grades or long form birth certificate. They distract from legitimate discussions that probably still won't lead anywhere fruitful, but at least they aren't totally retarded.
    A legitimate issue is, "Who put these jokers in charge?" Obama's grades and Romney's tax cheat records is part of these legitimate issues.
    Globalist = Free Trade, Open Borders, Multiculturalist, Anti-White Racist, Hypocrite, Sophist, Deceiver, Manipulator, Warmonger, Vulgar Culture, Morally Depraved......Enemy

    Death to Globalists

  8. #138
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Mitt Romney: 'I Never Paid Less Than 13 Percent' In Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    There's nothing wrong with Romney not releasing his tax return info. Nothing.

    He was asked to, he apparently doesn't want to, so deal with it. Don't vote for him if it bothers you so much.

    The real issue here is the tax laws. We don't need Romney's tax returns to discuss that. Romney's tax return results will not change anyone's mind on that issue, though.

    Does anyone think that if Romney got away not paying anything at all in 2003 Turtle Dude is suddenly going to say, "Well, if Romney made $20 million in 2003, but didn't pay anything at all in taxes, that means the tax laws should be changed. I'm voting for Obama"? anyone? Show of hands?

    Conversely, does anyone thing that if Romney paid $10 million on a $20 million dollar income in 2003 Disney dude is going to say "Well, since Romney made $20 million in 2003 and he paid 50% of that, teh tax laws appear to have some fairness in them. I'm voting Romney"? anyone? show of hands?


    So why the **** is this such a goddamned issue? It's just like Obama's grades or long form birth certificate. They distract from legitimate discussions that probably still won't lead anywhere fruitful, but at least they aren't totally retarded.
    Thank you for come common ****ing sense in here.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  9. #139
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Mitt Romney: 'I Never Paid Less Than 13 Percent' In Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
    A legitimate issue is, "Who put these jokers in charge?" Obama's grades and Romney's tax cheat records is part of these legitimate issues.
    Tax cheat records?

    That right there tells me everything I need to know on whether or not your opinion would change much from the release of those records.

    Tucker was Correct, again.... (damnit).
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  10. #140
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Mitt Romney: 'I Never Paid Less Than 13 Percent' In Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    No...I wouldn't say most people. I think that most people above 200k receive income and upper middle income class individuals bear a bulk of the taxes in the country. The richer you are though the more income you generally receive from investments.

    The reason I use non-progressive taxes is the fact that all individuals in this country pay some sort of tax. Federal income tax is generally the most progressive tax in the country (except for mega wealthy) but at the end of the day...if someone pays 20% of their income in local/state/city/federal/payroll taxes they pay 20% of their salary to fund government. It doesn't matter to the individual paying how it's split up and to what entity it goes to. Everything I've seen from broadining the base or this idea that individuals at the lower rungs don't pay into society is just false.
    Half your list above is no business of the FEDERAL government.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •