Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 179

Thread: Mitt Romney: 'I Never Paid Less Than 13 Percent' In Taxes

  1. #121
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Mitt Romney: 'I Never Paid Less Than 13 Percent' In Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by finebead View Post
    It doesn't say anything about his ability to lead. It says the Bush tax cuts were a bone to the ultra rich like Romney, who ended up paying at a lower overall rate than I pay, and I'm middle class. That's wrong. That's why I'll support Obama.
    you don't pay a higher rate on like income

    you don't pay as much tax dollars as he does

    that is a moronic reason to support Obama when Romney only follows the tax laws others passed

    the current tax rates were signed into law By Obama

    might want to rethink your rant

  2. #122
    Professor
    finebead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,558

    Re: Mitt Romney: 'I Never Paid Less Than 13 Percent' In Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you don't pay a higher rate on like income

    you don't pay as much tax dollars as he does

    that is a moronic reason to support Obama when Romney only follows the tax laws others passed

    the current tax rates were signed into law By Obama

    might want to rethink your rant
    You don't even understand the issue. It is not whether I pay the same rate on like income.

    The tax system is SUPPOSED to be PROGRESSIVE. Richer people are supposed to pay a higher percentage of their total income in taxes, because they can better afford to pay the taxes and still be rich.

    I am a wage earner who earns much less than Romney. Romney earns almost all of his income from long term capital gains, which is also true of many other very wealthy people.

    Income from wages and income from long term capital gains are BOTH INCOME. They should be taxed at the same rate. The rich should not be given special privilege over the wage earner.

    Because I earn a proportionally larger part of my income from wages does not mean I should pay tax at an overall rate higher than a rich person who makes most of his income from long term capital gains.

    But that is what is happening, I pay an overall tax rate higher than Romney, and that's wrong.

    It is not moronic to support Obama because he advocates a fairer tax model than the republicans, rather, it's the right thing to do. It's not the only reason I support Obama, he didn't blow up a bubble in housing, he didn't preside over a collapse of the banking system, he didn't start a trillion dollar war over WMD that didn't exist, and he is taking steps to correct the most egregious abuses of health insurance companies like allowing them to drop paying customers who get seriously ill or refusing to cover them at all.

  3. #123
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Mitt Romney: 'I Never Paid Less Than 13 Percent' In Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    How would that tank his campaign?
    If he got caught in a UBS/KPMG tax shelter scandal.

    That would be pretty bad.

    I'm leaning that way hard right now. Romney wouldn't let the Democrats go hog wild painting him as a legal tax evader if he didn't have something worse. In times like this, having people think you paid little is not good for your image. But what's worse than that? Getting caught in an illegal tax shelter.

    Campaigns don't let rumors like this go on for this long unless refuting them releases a bigger problem. Especially in times like these.

    As a licensed CPA, Romney paid taxes. Maybe not in a few key years due to massive capital losses (which can be expected), but for the majority, he paid. The question now is what else is on his returns. Letting voters think you used high powered tax attorneys to pay next to nothing is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than having people know you got caught up in a big tax scandal.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #124
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Mitt Romney: 'I Never Paid Less Than 13 Percent' In Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by finebead View Post
    It doesn't say anything about his ability to lead. It says the Bush tax cuts were a bone to the ultra rich like Romney, who ended up paying at a lower overall rate than I pay, and I'm middle class. That's wrong. That's why I'll support Obama.
    So you think Obama is running against Bush?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  5. #125
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Mitt Romney: 'I Never Paid Less Than 13 Percent' In Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    If he got caught in a UBS/KPMG tax shelter scandal.

    That would be pretty bad.

    I'm leaning that way hard right now. Romney wouldn't let the Democrats go hog wild painting him as a legal tax evader if he didn't have something worse. In times like this, having people think you paid little is not good for your image. But what's worse than that? Getting caught in an illegal tax shelter.

    Campaigns don't let rumors like this go on for this long unless refuting them releases a bigger problem. Especially in times like these.

    As a licensed CPA, Romney paid taxes. Maybe not in a few key years due to massive capital losses (which can be expected), but for the majority, he paid. The question now is what else is on his returns. Letting voters think you used high powered tax attorneys to pay next to nothing is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than having people know you got caught up in a big tax scandal.
    How would his tax records from the IRS prove he did anything illegal.......

    If it does..... wouldn't the IRS have already found that out by now?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  6. #126
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Mitt Romney: 'I Never Paid Less Than 13 Percent' In Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    How would his tax records from the IRS prove he did anything illegal.......

    If it does..... wouldn't the IRS have already found that out by now?
    Nope, not unless he is audited.
    PeteEU

  7. #127
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Mitt Romney: 'I Never Paid Less Than 13 Percent' In Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Nope, not unless he is audited.
    pfft... lol.... you don't think someone is auditing him right about now?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  8. #128
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Mitt Romney: 'I Never Paid Less Than 13 Percent' In Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    pfft... lol.... you don't think someone is auditing him right about now?
    Nope. It would cause a political scandal.
    PeteEU

  9. #129
    Professor
    finebead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,558

    Re: Mitt Romney: 'I Never Paid Less Than 13 Percent' In Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    So you think Obama is running against Bush?
    No, but the tax policy we are debating was passed by Bush and the repub congress in 2001 and 2003, don't you remember? It was re-approved for 2 years in 2010 when it was set to expire, Obama wanted to extend the cuts for everyone making less than 250K but the repubs refused and Obama extended all the cuts. The current debate is the same one from 2010, Obama wants to extend all the cuts except for those over 250K and end the preferred treatment of dividends and long term capital gains.

  10. #130
    Death2Globalists Matt Foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ExecuteTheTraitors
    Last Seen
    11-24-12 @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,574

    Re: Mitt Romney: 'I Never Paid Less Than 13 Percent' In Taxes

    Mitt Romney: 'I Never Paid Less Than 13 Percent' In Taxes

    "12.1% rounded up, before write offs."
    Globalist = Free Trade, Open Borders, Multiculturalist, Anti-White Racist, Hypocrite, Sophist, Deceiver, Manipulator, Warmonger, Vulgar Culture, Morally Depraved......Enemy

    Death to Globalists

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •