Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 114

Thread: New Black Panthers: Where is the DOJ?

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    11-08-13 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: New Black Panthers: Where is the DOJ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    In one instance complaints made by local voters were filed, in the other case no complaints by local voters were filed - No difference?

    Any rational person would conclude that in one case there was actual intimidation and in the other instance, the locals thought the NBPP clowns were nothing more than jokes.
    Sooooo, if I beat the crap out of my wife, but she doesn't file an official complaint, I suppose it's ok to beat the crap out of her......

    Your logic is pathetic

  2. #32
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,820

    Re: New Black Panthers: Where is the DOJ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    WOW, with so many examples given where do I begin? ;-)
    Remember the "obama report" "Rightwing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment" back in 2009 and the reaction to it?

    (Daryl) Johnson’s career took an unexpected turn in 2009, when an analysis he wrote on the rise of “Right-Wing Extremism” (.pdf) sparked a political controversy. Under pressure from conservatives, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) repudiated Johnson’s paper — an especially bitter pill for him to swallow now that Wade Michael Page, a suspected white supremacist, killed at least six people at a Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wisconsin. For Johnson, the shooting was a reminder that the government’s counterterrorism efforts are almost exclusively focused on al-Qaida, even as non-Islamist groups threaten Americans domestically.
    Though the FBI said following the shooting that no one had any idea the man was dangerous, the Southern Poverty Law Center stated that it had been tracking the man for at least 10 years.
    Last edited by Somerville; 08-15-12 at 01:51 PM. Reason: forgot the link url
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  3. #33
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,820

    Re: New Black Panthers: Where is the DOJ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Masada View Post
    Sooooo, if I beat the crap out of my wife, but she doesn't file an official complaint, I suppose it's ok to beat the crap out of her......

    Your logic is pathetic
    Your "logic" is even more so but fails to address the question. The longer videos showing the polling place with the NBPP clowns show how 'frightened' the locals were.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  4. #34
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,601

    Re: New Black Panthers: Where is the DOJ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Remember the "obama report" "Rightwing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment" back in 2009 and the reaction to it?



    Though the FBI said following the shooting that no one had any idea the man was dangerous, the Southern Poverty Law Center stated that it had been tracking the man for at least 10 years.
    So, out of the over 1,000 "hate groups", listed by the SPLC one lone gunman (now dead) committed a single violent attack. That is amazing, meanwhile active street gangs kill hundreds every week.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    11-08-13 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: New Black Panthers: Where is the DOJ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Remember the "obama report" "Rightwing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment" back in 2009 and the reaction to it?



    Though the FBI said following the shooting that no one had any idea the man was dangerous, the Southern Poverty Law Center stated that it had been tracking the man for at least 10 years.
    Well, when the Black Panthers throw a bomb into a hospital one day, you wont be able to say that no one had any idea they were dangerous.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    11-08-13 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: New Black Panthers: Where is the DOJ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Your "logic" is even more so but fails to address the question. The longer videos showing the polling place with the NBPP clowns show how 'frightened' the locals were.
    The element of "fear" is not what constitutes legality. I'm not afraid of people who speed on the highway, nevertheless, it's illegal.

    Once again, your logic has utterly failed you.....

  7. #37
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,820

    Re: New Black Panthers: Where is the DOJ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Masada View Post
    The element of "fear" is not what constitutes legality. I'm not afraid of people who speed on the highway, nevertheless, it's illegal.

    Once again, your logic has utterly failed you.....

    Gee, if the NBPP clowns were breaking the law, any law, why did the local cop do nothing about it? He was right there through out the whole day. Maybe the locals know a bit more about what happened than your right wing 'sources'
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    11-08-13 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: New Black Panthers: Where is the DOJ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Gee, if the NBPP clowns were breaking the law, any law, why did the local cop do nothing about it? He was right there through out the whole day. Maybe the locals know a bit more about what happened than your right wing 'sources'
    lol...then you tell me smarty pants. What was the black panther doing there, on election day, in full military garb, wielding a billy club?

    For what purpose? Was he swatting flies? Was he exercising and was afraid of being attacked by a stray dog? Was he waiting on a game of baseball to spontaneously break out in the parking lot?

    What was his purpose for being there in the first place?

    Fact of the matter is clear. He was there to intimidate voters. Listen to what he says to voters entering and exiting the polling place. He wasn't there to play baseball, he wasn't there to swat flies, or defend people from stray dogs. He was there for a single purpose, to intimidate certain voters.

    That is a crime.

  9. #39
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: New Black Panthers: Where is the DOJ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Masada View Post
    Wrong again. If the KKK is out there talking like this, they should be investigated. Oh wait. THEY ARE ALL THE TIME. If the KKK is inciting violence against blacks across the nation, the DOJ SHOULD step in and do something.
    And you have documented proof that they are not being investigated by the DOJ? Is the DOJ in the habit in going out there and telling everyone about who they are investigating? Who says that they are not investigating this new group? Oh yea, a bunch of right wingers with a grudge and no facts.

    I would hope that the DOJ would never tell anyone about on going investigations, since it would threaten said investigations.

    Once again, I'm not allowing for one, and disallowing for the other. THAT IS WHAT THE LIBERALS DO! It's what YOU just did.
    So you were not backing the outcry against the Bush commissioned report on right wing threats in the US, that pretty much everyone on the right attacked and forced the government to down-tone its investigations against right wing groups? You attacked your own on this ....right?

    I am in no way advocating not investigating radical violent left wing groups, but considering the lack of "left wing terror" over the last 30 years, then it should in no way be the main priority of law enforcement. Ignoring radical right wing groups over the last 20 years have caused more terror in the US than radical Islamic terror.. and btw.. radical Islamic terror is also right wing.
    PeteEU

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    11-08-13 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: New Black Panthers: Where is the DOJ?

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    And you have documented proof that they are not being investigated by the DOJ? Is the DOJ in the habit in going out there and telling everyone about who they are investigating? Who says that they are not investigating this new group? Oh yea, a bunch of right wingers with a grudge and no facts.

    I would hope that the DOJ would never tell anyone about on going investigations, since it would threaten said investigations.



    So you were not backing the outcry against the Bush commissioned report on right wing threats in the US, that pretty much everyone on the right attacked and forced the government to down-tone its investigations against right wing groups? You attacked your own on this ....right?

    I am in no way advocating not investigating radical violent left wing groups, but considering the lack of "left wing terror" over the last 30 years, then it should in no way be the main priority of law enforcement. Ignoring radical right wing groups over the last 20 years have caused more terror in the US than radical Islamic terror.. and btw.. radical Islamic terror is also right wing.
    Nice try. Holder specifically told his lawyers in the DOJ to drop their investigation into the NBPP. Can you tell me when the attorney general under Bush did any such thing concerning right wing extremist organizations?

    Holder specifically informed the Department of Justice, that black on white crimes would not be investigated as hate crimes. He told the investigators to drop their investigation into the voter intimidation case, and to leave it alone. No charges were filed, and nothing happened. Now, if you can show me where any attorney general under Bush ever instructed the DOJ not to investigate certain right wing organizations, I'll concede your point.

    So, how do I know the DOJ isn't looking into the NBPP? Because the attorney general, Eric Holder, has specifically instructed the department NOT to.

    Yes, the tea party is more dangerous than Occupy. lol....thanks, I needed a good laugh today.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •