Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435
Results 341 to 349 of 349

Thread: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

  1. #341
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,928

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    It's funny when people think that the money businesses make is all profit. LOL! It shows that they don't know at all what they are talking about. Some businesses don't profit at all when they first start out.
    If you start a restuant in my area dont expect a profit for about 2 years. No joke.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  2. #342
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    If you start a restuant in my area dont expect a profit for about 2 years. No joke.
    I believe you. Some people don't understand how much blood, sweat, tears, and sacrifice it takes to create a successful business. They seem to think that you open up a business, you make all this crazy money and then you're a greedy business owner. Obviously they don't understand about overhead costs, paying employees and the costs of having to reinvest in your company.

  3. #343
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    09-14-16 @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,415

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    You have NEVER been in business have you? have you even worked at one? Most businesses fail. Did you know that? Do you know how much money you need to start one, and then how much more you need to keep it going? Do you know what a billing cycle is? Do know how much time the average business owner puts in in a typical week? Do you know how many government hoops you have jump though just to start a business? You might have wanted to answer those questions before you asked the one you did. It would have saved you from looking like a twit. Really. If you anwered them now you will answer your own question.The answers might even surprise you.
    There is no "risk" to business or they would not invest.
    Look at "free market" of strip clubs in Seattle or climbing guides on Rainier. (They are monopolys)
    look at "Barriors to entry" legislation in every industry. See business LIKES hoops because it ELIMINATES competition.

    The truth of investing and busienss, is contrairy to your BS about" hard working businessman" lie.

    How about that "risk" at AIG ?????? Where did that $170B go?

    Look at profits per employee on wall street and tell me about your "expences" BS.

    $300,000 profit per employee and they only pay a H1B slave $20,000 to make the product..........

    Catapillar $480,000 revenue per employee, 32% gross margin and they refuse to give
    employees a raise or pay for healthcare..........so they strike.......

    Only twit is pirate :-)
    Last edited by 274ina; 08-29-12 at 07:28 PM.

  4. #344
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,928

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by 274ina View Post
    There is no "risk" to business or they would not invest.
    Look at "free market" of strip clubs in Seattle or climbing guides on Rainier. (They are monopolys)
    look at "Barriors to entry" legislation in every industry. See business LIKES hoops because it ELIMINATES competition.

    The truth of investing and busienss, is contrairy to your BS about" hard working businessman" lie.

    How about that "risk" at AIG ?????? Where did that $170B go?

    Look at profits per employee on wall street and tell me about your "expences" BS.

    $300,000 profit per employee and they only pay a H1B slave $20,000 to make the product..........

    Catapillar $480,000 revenue per employee, 32% gross margin and they refuse to give
    employees a raise or pay for healthcare..........so they strike.......

    Only twit is pirate :-)
    What do you do for a living? I am now abosolutely curious, because I cannot comprehend how you got to your thinking. I could some enlightenment.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  5. #345
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Who is taking on the risk?
    Depends on the field.


    If you are an NFL team owner, it's the players who take on all the risk. I've never heard of an owner being paralyzed while watching the game in the owners box.

    If you own a construction company, it's the workers who are really taking on all of the real risk (Granted,m if you are like how I was and you're strapping on the toolbelt as well, you're taking on more risk than your employees by a lot).

    Crab boat owner? Everyone who is on the boat when it goes to sea. If the owner is one who hires a captain, then s/he's taking on very little risk compared to the fishermen. Practically none.

    Just because someone owns a company doesn't mean they are actually doing anything to earn their money, and often they have far less in teh way of monetary risks than is assumed, considering the layers of protection they can legally take advantage of to mitigate their liability should things go pear shaped.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  6. #346
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,248

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    A CEO's desk is acres of bare space because he does nothing. He has ideas, and pays other people to action them. He pays them less than the value of what they do, and after expenses, that's where the profit comes from.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  7. #347
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,928

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Depends on the field.


    If you are an NFL team owner, it's the players who take on all the risk. I've never heard of an owner being paralyzed while watching the game in the owners box.

    If you own a construction company, it's the workers who are really taking on all of the real risk (Granted,m if you are like how I was and you're strapping on the toolbelt as well, you're taking on more risk than your employees by a lot).

    Crab boat owner? Everyone who is on the boat when it goes to sea. If the owner is one who hires a captain, then s/he's taking on very little risk compared to the fishermen. Practically none.

    Just because someone owns a company doesn't mean they are actually doing anything to earn their money, and often they have far less in teh way of monetary risks than is assumed, considering the layers of protection they can legally take advantage of to mitigate their liability should things go pear shaped.
    If you strapped on a tool belt as the owner of a contruction company then you would know, damn well, in fact that the risk an owner takes is finacial. If something goes wrong even if its not the owners fault directly, guess whos on the hook, very very rarely the employee. Who do you think get sued when a employee falls down and hurts themselfs becuase they were a momentariy clutse? The employer thats who. Who takes the risk of an employee pissing off their customers? The employer.

    In the NFL the owners take major finacial risks. The players take major physical risks. Finacial risk and physical risk are two differnet and seperate things. Most people taking physical risks at their jobs are compenstated for it.

    Your making a general statement saying the owner doesnt do anything to earn their money. It depends on the company. Most business in the United Staes are small business, this means most of the OWNERS run the business, they wear a whole bunch of hats. I sure as hell do. Hell most owners of medium sized businesses run their business. Less so with large corperations. In their case its usually though not always a COE hired but the elected board that runs the company.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  8. #348
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    Then why risk going into business if some jackass is going to try to take what you earned?
    Someone is already taking what you earned. Your question is a false dichotomy. We're not arguing between "have taxes" and "not have taxes."

    The big discussion tax-wise is about a 3% increase on top marginal tax rates. That isn't socialism.

    As far as increased health care costs, who do you think pays for the healthcare of the uninsured now? Someone goes to the ER without insurance due to an accident or major illness, they get treated, and don't pay because they can't afford it. Where's the money come from now?
    Last edited by Deuce; 09-06-12 at 01:58 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #349
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    If you strapped on a tool belt as the owner of a contruction company then you would know, damn well, in fact that the risk an owner takes is finacial.
    Of course. But the risk the guy who puts on the toolbelt takes on is to his life and limb. Risk to life and limb in a top 10 most dangerous profession is greater than financial risk, IMO.

    But there's a reason why I said that the owner who actually straps on the tool belt takes on significantly more risk than his employees do. He's risking everything.


    If something goes wrong even if its not the owners fault directly, guess whos on the hook, very very rarely the employee.
    The employee is on the hook. A big disastrous **** up can lead to being terminated for cause. And the employee is risking their life and limb, even in cases when the employer wouldn't be on the hook. I had a friend who died on a job because a crane operator employed by another company made a huge mistake and ran his boom into some power lines.

    Who do you think get sued when a employee falls down and hurts themselfs becuase they were a momentariy clutse?
    If the owner doesn't have insurance, he's an idiot. In a dangerous job like construction it costs a ****ing small fortune, but it's worth every damned penny if the **** hits the fan like that.

    And often a serious injury is the owners fault to some degree. It's the owners job to ensure that his employees are using the safety equipment. I fired people on the spot for not using their harnesses on roofs, for example. If someone ever fell off of a roof on my crew, I'd have blamed myself for it. Absolutely.

    The employer thats who.
    There are insurances, LLCs, a whole load of protections that employers have to mitigate financial losses and limit their liabilities. There's nothing that mitigates death or paralysis.

    Who takes the risk of an employee pissing off their customers? The employer.
    In my company, any employee who pissed off a client would either get terminated for cause (repeat offense) or I'd suspend him without pay and pay the other guys overtime to make up for his absence.

    A good employer makes sure the employees know there are ramifications to their actions.

    In the NFL the owners take major finacial risks.
    I disagree. With profit sharing (Socialism!!!! ) the NFL owners have pretty much zero financial risk.

    The players take major physical risks.
    And financial. They don't get paid if they get cut due to injury.

    Finacial risk and physical risk are two differnet and seperate things.
    True. I place physical risk far above financial risk, myself.


    Most people taking physical risks at their jobs are compenstated for it.
    Not really. A lot of the most dangerous jobs pay based on production. Crab fisherman can go out, take on tremendous physical risks and come away with nothing in a bad season. If they have a good season, they make a ton of money though.

    Your making a general statement saying the owner doesnt do anything to earn their money.
    I didn't say that at all. I said that simply because someone owns a company, doesn't mean they actually earn their money. I didn't say anything general about owners not earning their money. I don't believe that, so I know I would not say that. Some of them don't, but many of them certainly do.

    It depends on the company.
    I agree 100%. I said it depends on the field with regard to the risk, but when it comes to earning their own money it absolute depends on the company, or even more importantly, the owner of the company.

    Most business in the United Staes are small business, this means most of the OWNERS run the business, they wear a whole bunch of hats. I sure as hell do. Hell most owners of medium sized businesses run their business.
    Absolutely. I agree with you 100% here. Small business owners who wear all of the hats work their ****ing balls off and take on a hell of a lot more risk than their employees do and earn every damned penny their earn. I did not mean to come across as though I was implying that they didn't.

    Less so with large corperations. In their case its usually though not always a COE hired but the elected board that runs the company.
    I agree here as well.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •