Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 349

Thread: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

  1. #291
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Just thought everyone should know for some perspective...There are around 3 billion pizza's sold in the US per year. A .14 cent raise per pizza would net an extra $420,000,000 per year. Papa Johns from what I understand sells about 10 million pizza's per year. Thats $1,400,000 per year for that .14 cent raise that people will ultimately end up spending.

    Now I'm sure that most of the people on this forum are not stupid. Yeah we all know this isn't much in the grand scheme of things. But what if EVERY company raises thier prices this way? Just how much will people be spending then? Is it over the amount that is spent on the uninsured? The whole reason for Obamacare....I would wager that the answer is "yes".

    So if you were complaining before about having to spend money to help support the uninsured and wanted Obamacare....well...what do you think now?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  2. #292
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    I was just responding to your statement....

    "...I agree with you that it is responsible for Papa John's to conform their prices to those of their competitors, but I don't agree if you are implying that trying to maximize profit is irresponsible for any business...".

    If it's not the issue then why did you bring it up?
    Lord have mercy, Moot, wanna debate the issue or not?

  3. #293
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    The amount of employees per store is not what Obamacare goes by. It goes by the amount of employee's per company.
    If this is true, it's yet another needless layer of uncertainty to blast Obamacare for.

  4. #294
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Do you really think that it will be just Papa Johns that raise's their price because of Obamacare? I have no doubt that the others will also...they just won't be so upfront with it.
    Maybe yes, maybe no. Presumably these restaurants already have prices set at the maximum profit level -- charge more and fewer people will buy, charge less and some profit is left on the table.

    It'd be hard to think of another business decision more core to success than pricing.


  5. #295
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Course right now 'we' are paying for the uninsured to get healthcare in the most expensive place- the ER- where critical care patients can have a harder struggle to receive timely care, doctors distracted by the sea of uninsured trying to get help for their children.

    The hospital and the doctors are not eating the 'loss' from uninsured coming into the ER and not paying the bill.

    Guess who is?

    Now some want to set up a system where healthcare for non-emergency patients is billed at something less than trauma care rates, at say, clinic rates. Imagine the price difference between a visit to the ER for a strep throat vs the cost at the AM/PM clinic. My last visit to the 'quick care' clinic was 65 bucks plus medicine, Imagine what that would have cost the hospital if I had clogged up the ER? 65 bucks vs 300+

    Right now those whining about the increase cost of a healthcare plan for currently uninsured, seem ignorant of how their medical bills are being paid. When a hospital charges 5 bucks for an aspirin they claim it is to cover the costs of those who are uninsured and don't pay their bills.

    Just something to think about while you decry 14 cents extra for a pizza...
    The harm Obamacare does does not lie in extending health coverage to more Americans, notquiteright, at least not IMO.

  6. #296
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    If your multibillion dollar business can't survive a 20 cent increase in product prices, your problem isn't ObamaCare.
    Your point and tuckers that if you cant afford 20ct for a pizza order ...you shouldnt be ordering pizza ...has been my whole point throughout this thread.
    Papajohn made a good case FOR obamacare instead of making it look bad as far as im concerned

  7. #297
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,635

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Your point and tuckers that if you cant afford 20ct for a pizza order ...you shouldnt be ordering pizza ...has been my whole point throughout this thread.
    Papajohn made a good case FOR obamacare instead of making it look bad as far as im concerned
    Are you kidding me? The point is that PPACA increases the cost of all U.S. labor, without giving one cent of that increase to the average worker as a raise in pay. This will cause an increase in the cost of all U.S. goods and services, what we used to call inflation, but now call "fairness" or helping out the "little guy". Yes he did!
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  8. #298
    Educator Schutzengel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Last Seen
    04-20-13 @ 11:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    719

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    The additional cost of healthcare for employees has to come from somewhere... I am pretty sure Obama would love to see it come from "Obscene Corporate Profits" whatever those are...

    See the thing is Papa Johns Corp will raise prices $.14, but francisees may have to raised the substantially ... not every papa johns is owned by Papa Johns... and those smaller francise operators may have a signifigantly higher per employee cost... wonder if anyone else has brought thatup yet?
    History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid. - Ike

    Tea is better for you than Kool-Aid.

  9. #299
    Educator Schutzengel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Last Seen
    04-20-13 @ 11:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    719

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Your point and tuckers that if you cant afford 20ct for a pizza order ...you shouldnt be ordering pizza ...has been my whole point throughout this thread.
    Papajohn made a good case FOR obamacare instead of making it look bad as far as im concerned
    WOW... there's a nanny stater right there ... if you can't give us just a little more than maybe you dont deserve ...

    *SMH
    History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid. - Ike

    Tea is better for you than Kool-Aid.

  10. #300
    Educator Schutzengel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Last Seen
    04-20-13 @ 11:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    719

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Your point and tuckers that if you cant afford 20ct for a pizza order ...you shouldnt be ordering pizza ...has been my whole point throughout this thread.
    Papajohn made a good case FOR obamacare instead of making it look bad as far as im concerned
    It isnt about "IF you have it" or not... it is a matter of what right is it of the government to forcibly remove from us, our property to redestribute it to a third party.

    THAT is the core of the matter.
    History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid. - Ike

    Tea is better for you than Kool-Aid.

Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •