Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 349

Thread: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

  1. #231
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,351

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    If Papa John's doesn't want to pay health insurance for their employees then they can just pay the $2000 fine which is a heck of lot cheaper. Doh....or should I say dough?


    It's ironic that the same people who hate illegal immigration and have driven the lowest paid wage earners out of the country and then complain about paying a living wage or health insurance for the US citizens they do hire. "Let them eat pizza" sounds very familiar.
    It could be that the price increase is based on paying the fine versus buying HC for the workers.

  2. #232
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,351

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    Papa John's have no problem coping with their employee contributions in universal healthcare Britain. Just sayin'...

    What is the cost to the employer in Britain, just asking.

  3. #233
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    It could be that the price increase is based on paying the fine versus buying HC for the workers.
    Or it could be just another political hack business owner who thinks the world owes him a profit.

  4. #234
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    Papa John's have no problem coping with their employee contributions in universal healthcare Britain. Just sayin'...
    our system is pretty bloated and it's rather doubtful that Obamacare will have much positive impact on that.

  5. #235
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    So switch to PapaMurphy's pizza. It's absolutely mouthwatering, and costs less than PapaJohn. Problem solved!

    I agree with MaggieD, .20 cents per pizza equals health care for 16,000+ employees is a bargain. PapaJohn is a whining idiot if this is his biggest problem in life.

    No PapaMurphy's near me I guess Pizza Hut, Domins and local place will get my biz. One thing I enjoed about Papa Johns is they reward you with free food after you have enough points.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  6. #236
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Or it could be just another political hack business owner who thinks the world owes him a profit.
    He isn't asking for government hand outs the last time I checked.

    I think you have the analogy backwards.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  7. #237
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    He isn't asking for government hand outs the last time I checked.

    I think you have the analogy backwards.
    I think I got it right. The world doesn't owe Papa John's owner a living or a profit. If he wants to stick it to his customers, instead of being a responsible business owner then let his customers decide if they want to pay for the higher cost of his product. If they don't, then they'll go to his competitors, Pizza Hut and Domino's and then Papa John's will lose money...a lot of money. That's just the way it is.
    Last edited by Moot; 08-11-12 at 03:07 PM.

  8. #238
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    The poor will have the same amount of coverage. The very reason for Obamacare is to insure the poor because they couldn't afford it. IE if they couldn't afford it before and spent their money accordingly what makes you think that they will have more disposable income having free healthcare? Their bills will not change. And I can tell you that as a poor person I did not...sorry, COULD NOT, plan my bills about some possible future where I might need healthcare coverage. I have to deal with the bills I have now. Not yesteryear.
    All of which helps explain why I support universal coverage but oppose Obamacare.

  9. #239
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    There will always be an uncertainty about any future for anything. But as the old saying goes "Plan for the worst, hope for the best". But I do understand your point and I agree with it. Hell, I even agree with Obamacare...I just HATE how they went about and did it and the Mandate.
    Meh, obviously many people support Obamacare. Reasonable people can disagree, and I could be wrong. I oppose it because I think it does far, far more harm than good -- but I don't deny there are/could be positive aspects to that law.


  10. #240
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    I think I got it right. The world doesn't owe Papa John's owner a living or a profit. If he wants to stick it to his customers, instead of being a responsible business owner then let his customers decide if they want to pay for the higher cost of his product. If they don't, then they'll go to his competitors, Pizza Hut and Domino's and then Papa John's will lose money...a lot of money. That's just the way it is.
    Why do you believe that not passing along a rise in labor costs to the consumer is the responsible thing for Papa John's to do? I'm curious.

Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •