Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 349

Thread: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

  1. #221
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Exactly.

    Its medical insurance and less take home pay.
    Or No Medical insurance and the same take home pay.....

    To the already dirt poor guy or gal delivering your pizza..... which do you think they are picking? (if they so had a choice)

    You have to be a 30 hr a week employee to be entitled to the healthcare in the first place...the lionshare of pizza shop employees are not 30 yr employees....no one is knocking down pizza shop doors to make it their full time lifes employment...they are run mostly by part timers and a couple of full time managers...and direct owner participation....

  2. #222
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-18-12 @ 08:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    128

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    You have to be a 30 hr a week employee to be entitled to the healthcare in the first place...the lionshare of pizza shop employees are not 30 yr employees....no one is knocking down pizza shop doors to make it their full time lifes employment...they are run mostly by part timers and a couple of full time managers...and direct owner participation....
    Exactly and very, very few have more than 50 employees so this is really a non-issue for the pizza business...this is a coordinated attack from a Romney supporter...end of story...

  3. #223
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,024

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    If your multibillion dollar business can't survive a 20 cent increase in product prices, your problem isn't ObamaCare.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #224
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by NateNY3 View Post
    I think you have him confused with someone else...

    "Papa" John Schnatter hosts private Romney fundraiser

    "Papa" John Schnatter hosts private Romney fundraiser - YouTube
    I stand corrected, thank you for your polite respectful response.

  5. #225
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    You have to be a 30 hr a week employee to be entitled to the healthcare in the first place...the lionshare of pizza shop employees are not 30 yr employees....no one is knocking down pizza shop doors to make it their full time lifes employment...they are run mostly by part timers and a couple of full time managers...and direct owner participation....
    Actually, I just read the other day that Obamacare addresses part-time employees. If it is found that a company is hiring part-time workers to fill what are basically full-time positions, the 30-hour rule doesn't apply. For instance, though I'm not sure, if WalMart regularly hires part-time clerks to fill positions that are really full-time? Obamacare applies to all of them.

    I do think you're ready about pizza places, though. Most of them are probably part-time second jobs for most people. Or students. *Shrug*
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  6. #226
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    If your multibillion dollar business can't survive a 20 cent increase in product prices, your problem isn't ObamaCare.
    And if someone can't afford to pay 20 more cents for a Papa John's vile wannabe-pizza, they should just be thankful that they were spared the indignity of consuming that ****.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  7. #227
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,775

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    You forgot to mention the cost of your required health insurance premiums increases you MUST pay - meaning your message is foolish because you WILL be paying for indigent care through your increased premiums AND through your property taxes (directly or via rent).

    You seem to believe ObamaCare provides indigent care for free at no cost to the government, taxpayers or anyone. ObamaCare is EXTEMELY expensive
    No. Nobody thinks this. Nobody thinks health care is free. Stop saying this because it's wrong. Straw man is a fallacy for a good reason.

    Joko104: Who do you think should pay for the health care of Papa John's employees?
    1) Papa John's customers. (by buying pizza to pay the company which then pays its employees either salary or direct health care benefits)
    2) The American Public (via medicaid/medicare/etc)

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Actually, I just read the other day that Obamacare addresses part-time employees. If it is found that a company is hiring part-time workers to fill what are basically full-time positions, the 30-hour rule doesn't apply. For instance, though I'm not sure, if WalMart regularly hires part-time clerks to fill positions that are really full-time? Obamacare applies to all of them.

    I do think you're ready about pizza places, though. Most of them are probably part-time second jobs for most people. Or students. *Shrug*
    Part-time workers are covered proportional to their hours worked, so a company doesn't have to provide full health benefits to someone working 10 hours a week. If I remember right, anyway, been a while since I read the bill and I might be confusing it with one of the earlier versions.
    Last edited by Deuce; 08-10-12 at 03:20 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #228
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    If Papa John's doesn't want to pay health insurance for their employees then they can just pay the $2000 fine which is a heck of lot cheaper. Doh....or should I say dough?


    It's ironic that the same people who hate illegal immigration and have driven the lowest paid wage earners out of the country and then complain about paying a living wage or health insurance for the US citizens they do hire. "Let them eat pizza" sounds very familiar.
    Last edited by Moot; 08-10-12 at 04:48 PM.

  9. #229
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,186

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Papa John's have no problem coping with their employee contributions in universal healthcare Britain. Just sayin'...
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  10. #230
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,775

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Papa John's CEO is a fundraiser for Mitt Romney. Just sayin'.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •