Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 349

Thread: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

  1. #151
    Professor
    00timh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    upstate NY
    Last Seen
    01-24-14 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,318

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Papa John's CEO John Schnatter says that Obamacare will result in a $0.11 to $0.14 price increase per pizza, or $0.15 to $0.20 cents per order, Pizza Marketplace, a trade publication, reports. (Hat tip: @dkberman via Twitter.)
    Under Obamacare, the company, which is the third-largest pizza takeout and delivery chain in the United States, will have to offer health care coverage to more of its 16,500 total employees or pay a penalty to the government.


    OMG...a 15 to 20 cent increase on a 14.00 pizza to give 16,500 employees a chance at having health care...

    Anyone that doesnt believe thats a value is NUTS...because if they dont have insurance we will pay far more for their trip to the emergency room...


    Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says
    Perhaps it would be worth it, or a value as you say if it improved healthcare. Healthcare has only increased substantially and has been further restricted because of Obamacare. So no, companies that have to raise prices to help offset the cost of degraded and more costly healthcare is NOT worth it.

    The Obama healthcare plan is proving more and more that it is nothing to do with improving healthcare. Its all about more money to big business taken off the backs of working americans. here are two examples... My wife works for a company that in addition to their HMO's offers a benefit card. It used to be good for anything that was medically related. OTC drugs are no longer permissible thanks to the Obama healthcare plan. Now only prescribed medications are able to be used. And yet another restriction that will be taking effect later this year is that Dental and eyecare payments and co-payments are no longer permissible. WHY?? because it forces the user to put their money strictly toward big business. especially large pharma companies. Well, we passed it Nancy, and now we are indeed seeing what is in this travesty of a bill.

  2. #152
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    and employers will do what they always do, cut costs elsewhere. Don't plan on any decent pay raises for the next decade or 2....
    I am retired for 8 years now, since age 58....and saw this coming back then. Salaries are often THE biggest expense, and not too hard to trim when they really want to cut costs....
    Want to cut costs?

    Fire people.

    More OWSers........

    More Support for Communism.......


    Revolution.


    Good thing Im setting aside some money to purchase decent firearms....... Want to keep my family safe when the **** hits the fan out there..
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #153
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    The story does not say that the chain will offer health care. It says that it will either do this or pay the fine. The fine is less so that will probably be the choice.

    We will pay more for a pizza ZND the uninsured will still use the E-Room.
    Damn good point. I wonder how the lefties in here are going to explain that one away.

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    yeah your right every month the govt came in and told me what to charge for my pizza...Lololol....dude where the hell did you get that from...

    It's called reality. Most liberals are so far from it that with the Hubble telescope it would be a far off dot.

    Let me break it down for you:

    Govt mandates an expense to my company: I must pass on this expense to my customers or pay my employees less. I love my employees so my prices go up.

    What do we have here? Gov't controlling prices, and not in a good way. Clear enough?
    Last edited by dontworrybehappy; 08-08-12 at 09:58 PM.

  4. #154
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    Damn good point. I wonder how the lefties in here are going to explain that one away.




    It's called reality. Most liberals are so far from it that with the Hubble telescope it would be a far off dot.

    Let me break it down for you:

    Govt mandates an expense to my company: I must pass on this expense to my customers or pay my employees less. I love my employees so my prices go up.

    What do we have here? Gov't controlling prices, and not in a good way. Clear enough?
    14cts on a pizza isnt a mandate...he can eat that 14cts and still make a fortune....dontworry there is such a thing as VALUE...giving your employees a chance at healthcare for them and their families and keeping them healthier is to the restaurant owners benefit for a lousy 14 cts on a pizza....eventually when an emergency room trip cots 3,000 you will be paying for that.
    I am not liberal...I am a true independent with view that span both sides of the spectrum....I was a business owner for decades with lots of employees and a cop....and I dont believe in the govt taking over my life but I do accept the govt as having a role in our lives....I put myself in my mind in the position of not being able to provide health care for my kids...and having to stand by helplessly not able to afford decent health care when they were sick...and know what man...It sucked just thinking about it...I couldnt even imagine living it...now if that makes me a bleeding heart liberal in your mind...then thats exactly what I am to you...and I have no problem with that

  5. #155
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,719

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    14cts on a pizza isnt a mandate...he can eat that 14cts and still make a fortune....dontworry there is such a thing as VALUE...giving your employees a chance at healthcare for them and their families and keeping them healthier is to the restaurant owners benefit for a lousy 14 cts on a pizza....eventually when an emergency room trip cots 3,000 you will be paying for that.
    I am not liberal...I am a true independent with view that span both sides of the spectrum....I was a business owner for decades with lots of employees and a cop....and I dont believe in the govt taking over my life but I do accept the govt as having a role in our lives....I put myself in my mind in the position of not being able to provide health care for my kids...and having to stand by helplessly not able to afford decent health care when they were sick...and know what man...It sucked just thinking about it...I couldnt even imagine living it...now if that makes me a bleeding heart liberal in your mind...then thats exactly what I am to you...and I have no problem with that
    Until the next one.....
    and the next one....
    and the next one....
    and the next one.....



























    and the next one......

  6. #156
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-24-13 @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,001

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    Except that all his competitors will have to provide employee health insurance too. Either they'll have to increases their prices in line with his, or he'll have to study what they do to provide the insurance without raising prices, and do the same. Simple.
    Only the ones that survive after ObamaCare goes into effect.

  7. #157
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-24-13 @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,001

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post

    Let me break it down for you:

    Govt mandates an expense to my company: I must pass on this expense to my customers or pay my employees less. I love my employees so my prices go up.

    What do we have here? Gov't controlling prices, and not in a good way. Clear enough?
    Exactly. This extra cost per pizza is going to put pizzerias across the nation out of business.

  8. #158
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,585
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Oh fer crying out loud... PapaMurphy's large thin crust spicy chicken, artichoke, bacon costs $8 fucking dollars! It can be frozen, thawed and cooked at any time that's convenient. That's less than 1/2 of what Roundtable charges for the same pizza... (which is delicious, but overpriced). Total idiocy to worry about .20 cents per pizza as a political statement.

  9. #159
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_rebson View Post
    Only the ones that survive after ObamaCare goes into effect.
    Maybe it's a plan to get Americans to eat less crappy junk food. Good idea!
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  10. #160
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-18-12 @ 08:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    128

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Two important facts...

    1. This guy is a huge Romney supporter so this is most likely a cheap political stunt
    2. Most pizza places employ less than 50 people so they won't be affected at all

Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •