Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 349

Thread: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

  1. #131
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,580

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    LOL!

    Says the guy who can't see that prices changes don't happen in a vacuum.
    I addressed your point on "benefits," dude, which was the only relevant thing you said. To wit: the benefits you cite happen on the backs of the poor and trickle up to everyone else. You have not even tried to respond to that, so at this point, one must assume that this is an arrangement you find perfectly OK.

    Everything else about "fuel" and "decreased demand" is simply dancing around an inconvenient truth.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  2. #132
    Student
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    mid-illinois
    Last Seen
    10-08-16 @ 03:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    272

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    i wonder when the last time the price was raised and what was the excuse then?

  3. #133
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,945
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by WhyteRash View Post
    i wonder when the last time the price was raised and what was the excuse then?
    The fact that we can't recall the last time they raised their prices may point to the relative significance of pizza price increases in our minds--it wasn't worth noting.
    I may be wrong.

  4. #134
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    What do I know about the pizza business..ROFLAMO...Ive owned 7 pizzerias over a span of many years and owned 3 at one time...I was in the pizza business while my wife was a many time over salon owner over 3 or more decades...she still owns a couple of salons...
    20 cts on a pizza means SQUAT...your increase on a pizza is more than that every spring when they shoot your delivery costs through the roof raping us on the price of gasoline....I paid my employees more than any other competitor and I had THE LEAST PROBLEMS OF THEM ALL and I made far more money than all of them...I offered a group plan admittedly not the best but something to all my full time employees me and my partner...I would gladly eat 20 cts on a 18.00 pizza to have employees with health care and less worries and be more healthy....and anyone that doesnt think like that in my opinion is a greedy self centered jackass....give a little GAIN ALOT...
    sarcasm alert...
    that's socialism propaganda....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  5. #135
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Brown View Post
    If one company hike prices, then rest of the companies will hike. People in the United States are on the edge of drought. Companies should think about people before going to hike prices.
    your first statement is not necessarily true....
    and the rest of it is a stretch.
    This isn't a poverty issue, not in the USA.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  6. #136
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by WhyteRash View Post
    i wonder when the last time the price was raised and what was the excuse then?
    they don't announce price increases, or size decreases.
    most 1/2 gallon size ice cream containers have been downsized with price staying the same...dirty little trick they use.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  7. #137
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Why are they both called "pizza", they are so different one should have a different name - but that would start a huge war over which one keeps the title "pizza". I like 'em both.
    For the same reason that Papa Johns gets to call its poisonous slop "pizza". There are no legally binding standards.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  8. #138
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    The fact that we can't recall the last time they raised their prices may point to the relative significance of pizza price increases in our minds--it wasn't worth noting.
    Now it'll be just slightly more expensive low-quality slop that nobody in their right mind would eat.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  9. #139
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Chains like papa johns regular prices are overcharge...then they run constant online specials are the price the pizza should be..so anyone that buys are regular price in the store is a bonus for them...neighborhood pizza shops dont do constant specials...they do occaisionally have a special but if your pizza place rocks and your product rocks and you have your product priced right for the area and competition you dont need gimmicks...

    Trust me theres alot of profit in pizza...pizzerias lose because the owners are DUMB and buy cheaper ingredients that cost them their business in the end...anyone in the restaurant business knows you have to bite the bullet you cannot raise your prices everytime you have a wholesale increase...you have to eat some increases then when you must raise your price you raise it slightly above to give you a cushion for the next couple of nudge ups...you cannot raise your prices too often....20 cts on a pizza is so miniscule its laughable....and take it from a guy who was in small business for decades...happy employees make you lots more money...You treat your employees like crap...and they get even...they rob you..they screw you...they do sloppy lousy work...they dont show up...they quit on the spot leaving you hanging...and a myriad of other things....other pizza places employees used to hunt me down to hire them...I never needed employees...so while I was on duty I knew I had managers taking care of me...because I took care of them....the conservatives need to learn that lesson...and stop raping the working class

  10. #140
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Chains like papa johns regular prices are overcharge...then they run constant online specials are the price the pizza should be..so anyone that buys are regular price in the store is a bonus for them...neighborhood pizza shops dont do constant specials...they do occaisionally have a special but if your pizza place rocks and your product rocks and you have your product priced right for the area and competition you dont need gimmicks...

    Trust me theres alot of profit in pizza...pizzerias lose because the owners are DUMB and buy cheaper ingredients that cost them their business in the end...anyone in the restaurant business knows you have to bite the bullet you cannot raise your prices everytime you have a wholesale increase...you have to eat some increases then when you must raise your price you raise it slightly above to give you a cushion for the next couple of nudge ups...you cannot raise your prices too often....20 cts on a pizza is so miniscule its laughable....and take it from a guy who was in small business for decades...happy employees make you lots more money...You treat your employees like crap...and they get even...they rob you..they screw you...they do sloppy lousy work...they dont show up...they quit on the spot leaving you hanging...and a myriad of other things....other pizza places employees used to hunt me down to hire them...I never needed employees...so while I was on duty I knew I had managers taking care of me...because I took care of them....the conservatives need to learn that lesson...and stop raping the working class
    When I first started my business, my brother-in-law gave me an excellent piece of advice:

    Always pay your employees a bit more than they think they're worth.
    I followed that advice -- very little turnover.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •