Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 349

Thread: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

  1. #111
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    If Obamacare can put that disgusting ****hole wannabe pizza place out of business, I might actually begin supporting obamacare.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  2. #112
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    If Obamacare can put that disgusting ****hole wannabe pizza place out of business, I might actually begin supporting obamacare.
    Horrible crap of pizza ...I had it just once...if anyone eats a real NYC wood fired stove pizza they will never eat a chain pizza again

  3. #113
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Horrible crap of pizza ...I had it just once...if anyone eats a real NYC wood fired stove pizza they will never eat a chain pizza again
    Chicago pie > NY pie. Other than that, I agree.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Golden City of the Risen Dead
    Last Seen
    10-05-12 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    4,310

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Your posts are cheering on a regressive tax, where the benefits don't change the fact that the tax is regressive. Any regressive tax has benefits. It's the "regressive" nature of the tax which is generally objected to.
    So you're hung up on one detail while ignoring the larger picture; healthcare costs are the biggest expenditure in terms of percentage of GDP and it's been rising for decades.

    If that cost is reduced, which is the goal of the healthcare act, then the savings are spread throughout the economy. If everyone ends up paying less for healthcare, that leaves more money to spend on pizza.

    In a nutshell.

    So I guess the question is this: what, given everything you've said here -- especially the "benefits" -- would be your objection to switching from income taxes to consumption taxes, paid at the register?

    Or would you NOT object to that?
    Any type of tax increases costs "artificially". Essentially, a tax on income reduces income, a tax on consumer spending reduces consumer spending (this is a vast oversimplification, becasue economics is never really an 1 + 1= 2 equation, it's always more complicated when you get into the details). The question is which one will create the balance between federal spending and income? As far as I can tell, a consumption tax brings in less than an income tax, so we would need a smaller government based on the lower revenue levels.
    Last edited by RadicalModerate; 08-08-12 at 12:42 PM.

  5. #115
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    What do you actually know about their business? You act as though 20 cents is nothing, but you have no idea if that is true. They are in a very competitive market, you don't know that 20 cents isn't a price increase that will cause issues.
    What do I know about the pizza business..ROFLAMO...Ive owned 7 pizzerias over a span of many years and owned 3 at one time...I was in the pizza business while my wife was a many time over salon owner over 3 or more decades...she still owns a couple of salons...
    20 cts on a pizza means SQUAT...your increase on a pizza is more than that every spring when they shoot your delivery costs through the roof raping us on the price of gasoline....I paid my employees more than any other competitor and I had THE LEAST PROBLEMS OF THEM ALL and I made far more money than all of them...I offered a group plan admittedly not the best but something to all my full time employees me and my partner...I would gladly eat 20 cts on a 18.00 pizza to have employees with health care and less worries and be more healthy....and anyone that doesnt think like that in my opinion is a greedy self centered jackass....give a little GAIN ALOT...

  6. #116
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,499

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    So you're hung up on one detail while ignoring the larger picture; healthcare costs are the biggest expenditure in terms of percentage of GDP and it's been rising for decades.
    It's not one detail; it's the point. Everything else you're bringing up is deflection.


    If that cost is reduced, which is the goal of the healthcare act, then the savings are spread throughout the economy. If everyone ends up paying less for healthcare, that leaves more money to spend on pizza.

    In a nutshell.
    A) That's only if it works; it being "the goal" doesn't make it so, even if you're treating it in this thread as though it does. "The goal is to decrease costs!!!!!!" So what if it's the goal? Doesn't mean it WILL.

    B) It's still irrelevant, because it all happens disproportionately on the backs of the poor, which is IN AND OF ITSELF considered to be *evil*. That's the point YOU want to deflect from.

    So, the poor get pinched more to help out the poor. Nice. You're all in favor of it. You keep proving it.

    Not only to help out the poor, but even the non-poor, who will ALSO have more money to spend on pizza, whether they "need" it or not. Trickle-up. Nice.


    Any type of tax increases costs "artificially". Essentially, a tax on income reduces income, a tax on consumer spending reduces consumer spending (this is a vast oversimplification, becasue economics is never really an 1 + 1= 2 equation, it's always more complicated when you get into the details). The question which one will create the balance between federal spending and income? As far as I can tell, a consumption tax brings in less than an income tax, so we would need a smaller government based on the lower revenue levels.
    So your only objection to a regressive tax is that it might not bring in as much? If it's not, what other objections might you have?

    (You've contradicted yourself on your "decrease in demand" distraction, BTW.)
    Last edited by Harshaw; 08-08-12 at 12:48 PM.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Golden City of the Risen Dead
    Last Seen
    10-05-12 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    4,310

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    It's not one detail; it's the point. Everything else you're bringing up is deflection.




    A) That's only if it works; it being "the goal" doesn't make it so, even if you're treating it in this thread as though it does. "The goal is to decrease costs!!!!!!" So what if it's the goal? Doesn't mean it WILL.

    B) It's still irrelevant, because it all happens disproportionately on the backs of the poor, which is IN AND OF ITSELF considered to be *evil*. That's the point YOU want to deflect from.

    So, the poor get pinched more to help out the poor. Nice. You're all in favor of it. You keep proving it.




    So your only objection to a regressive tax is that it might not bring in as much? If it's not, what other objections might you have?

    (You've contradicted yourself on your "decrease in demand" distraction, BTW.)
    Oh I get it. I'm supposed to actively limit my understanding of things in order to see your point.

    Mmmm, no thanks.

  8. #118
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    03-06-13 @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    If one company hike prices, then rest of the companies will hike. People in the United States are on the edge of drought. Companies should think about people before going to hike prices.

  9. #119
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,544

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    So you're hung up on one detail while ignoring the larger picture; healthcare costs are the biggest expenditure in terms of percentage of GDP and it's been rising for decades.

    If that cost is reduced, which is the goal of the healthcare act, then the savings are spread throughout the economy. If everyone ends up paying less for healthcare, that leaves more money to spend on pizza.

    In a nutshell.



    Any type of tax increases costs "artificially". Essentially, a tax on income reduces income, a tax on consumer spending reduces consumer spending (this is a vast oversimplification, becasue economics is never really an 1 + 1= 2 equation, it's always more complicated when you get into the details). The question is which one will create the balance between federal spending and income? As far as I can tell, a consumption tax brings in less than an income tax, so we would need a smaller government based on the lower revenue levels.
    Endlessly repeating NONSENSE does not make it true. Show me ANY evidence that the PPACA reduced medical care or medical care insurance costs. I have provided several links to the contrary, yet you ignore them. Why can't you "enlighten" us with an example (or two) that show ANY actual decrease in medical care costs since PPACA became the law?
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  10. #120
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,499

    Re: Papa John's Pizza To Raise Prices Because Of Obamacare, CEO John Schnatter Says

    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Oh I get it. I'm supposed to actively limit my understanding of things in order to see your point.

    Mmmm, no thanks.
    Towel: thrown in. These are perfectly legit points you're refusing to answer.

    I'm not required to accept your strawmen.

    And as I pointed out, your "benefits" analysis works against you, because indeed, the "more money to spend on pizza" comes from the backs of the poor, even in your OWN formulation.

    Look, if you're OK with that, just say so.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •