Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 114

Thread: Cuba Celebrates 59th Anniversary Of Revolution

  1. #21
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,367

    Re: Cuba Celebrates 59th Anniversary Of Revolution

    Quote Originally Posted by RGacky3 View Post
    It was an exporter of crops because the US was its main and natural consumer ...

    Also its has much better living standards than it did before ....

    Also they have better healthcare than the United States ....


    Also Venezuela nad Bolivia have cut their poverty significantly, the central american countries (sticking with US policy) and Colombia and teh such are going the other direction ...
    you talking about cuba still????cuz the video i posted proves that completely wrong,unless you are comparing 1859 cuba instead of 1959 cuba to castro cuba.

    second their healthcare sucks.they have it seperated by tourists and high ranking members of the cuban govt,and the people.

    Hospital Clnico Quirrgico

    this site shows the hospitals of the socialist paradise,


    on agriculture,cubas agriculture shown massive decline after castro,they had to export their crops at 5 times market value to russia and import fertilizer to maintain cuba due to gross inneffeciency of socialized agriculture.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  2. #22
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Cuba Celebrates 59th Anniversary Of Revolution

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    okyour sources are clearly biased or used turn of the century standards to define pre communist cuba,
    A LGBT magazine is most deferentially very biased towards this issue.
    Look if you cant handle the facts how everyday life was for Cubans before Castro then get over it.

    you can lie and twist it all you want,
    What lies have i told again? Please remind me...

    what you cant defy is cuba was one of the wealthiest countries pre castro and is now the poorest among latin america.
    I believe your forgetting Haiti, Jamaica, Dominican Republic.....

    I think that great film is missing a lot of facts.... Mostly the affects for the vast majority of Cubans...


  3. #23
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,367

    Re: Cuba Celebrates 59th Anniversary Of Revolution

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    A LGBT magazine is most deferentially very biased towards this issue.
    Look if you cant handle the facts how everyday life was for Cubans before Castro then get over it.


    What lies have i told again? Please remind me...


    I believe your forgetting Haiti, Jamaica, Dominican Republic.....



    I think that great film is missing a lot of facts.... Mostly the affects for the vast majority of Cubans...
    dont like pictures and videos that show cuba not as palm trees pre castro?????????????????can you show me actual pictures of infrastructure with ACTUAL DATES not pre castro cuba with a varience of 350 years.


    ok heres a good site for you,it shows pictures f all over cuba,pictures that dont depict a paradise,but depict below third world standards,substandard medical care,castro owning almost the entire countries wealth etc.

    Hospital Clnico Quirrgico

    HCQ2.jpg

    and theres a pic of cubas fabulous medical system.


    i can post many pictures defy everything you have just said,but its better to just read the link,as it has all the pictures.that is your socialist paradise,a country that looks not much better than haiti,has rampant poverty and many homeless,while fidel castro was rated as one of the richest leaders in the world.

    edit:heres a link that compares pre castro cuba and post castro cuba.
    http://ctp.iccas.miami.edu/FACTS_Web...20December.htm
    Last edited by beerftw; 07-31-12 at 06:55 PM.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  4. #24
    Student E-M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    09-03-12 @ 03:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    160

    Re: Cuba Celebrates 59th Anniversary Of Revolution

    hey beerftw, I could show you the cut on my face from when I got mugged a few nights ago. Would that prove to you that the U.S. is a dangerous and criminal country?

    You obviously have a disposition against Cuba no amount of evidence will overcome. So far you have said that pro-Cuban statistics must be biased, but didn't give any real reason why. However apparently you think random pictures can be nothing but representative of the whole Cuban system. As a Marxist I'm willing to accept whatever the evidence tells me about Cuba. When I first started looking at Cuba I was much more skeptical about it, but as I have seen more evidence and context it is seems that Cuba is a country that hasn't been as democratic as it should have been but has been relatively successful economically. If I see more evidence that contradicts the conception I have I'll change it accordingly.

    You need to learn how to learn.

  5. #25
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Cuba Celebrates 59th Anniversary Of Revolution

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    dont like pictures and videos that show cuba not as palm trees pre castro?????????????????
    What?
    I dont mind them. Cool Pre-Castro Cuba looked real pretty in Havana's in the ol Mafia districts. Real cool. Really stumped me there beerftw. So if you wanna talk about actual information and stats etc then maybe we should move away from the whole "look how pretty it looks" thing.

    can you show me actual pictures of infrastructure with ACTUAL DATES not pre castro cuba with a varience of 350 years.
    Yes.
    "The main road into Baracoa was completed in the 1960s, whilst in the since the late 1980s, causeways have been built out to neighbouring cays in order to open them up for tourist development." AKA the Carretera de La Farola
    Cuba-Junky | Baracoa
    Carretera de La Farola in Baracoa | TouristEye

    Various dams.
    Presa Bueycito (Granma) - EcuRed
    Presa Corojo - EcuRed
    Presa Guisa - EcuRed
    Presa La Yaya - EcuRed
    Noti-CUTC

    Social infrastructure: Rural Hospitals, and Rural schools expanding doctors.



    ok heres a good site for you,it shows pictures f all over cuba,pictures that dont depict a paradise,but depict below third world standards,substandard medical care,castro owning almost the entire countries wealth etc.

    Hospital Clnico Quirrgico

    HCQ2.jpg

    and theres a pic of cubas fabulous medical system.


    i can post many pictures defy everything you have just said,but its better to just read the link,as it has all the pictures.that is your socialist paradise,a country that looks not much better than haiti,has rampant poverty and many homeless,while fidel castro was rated as one of the richest leaders in the world.
    Really?
    You can post stats that reject the idea that Cubans live longer than us? You can post pictures that Cubans have the second most doctor to patient ratio? You can post pictures that Cuba has one of the lowest mortality rates?


  6. #26
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,367

    Re: Cuba Celebrates 59th Anniversary Of Revolution

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    What?
    I dont mind them. Cool Pre-Castro Cuba looked real pretty in Havana's in the ol Mafia districts. Real cool. Really stumped me there beerftw. So if you wanna talk about actual information and stats etc then maybe we should move away from the whole "look how pretty it looks" thing.


    Yes.
    "The main road into Baracoa was completed in the 1960s, whilst in the since the late 1980s, causeways have been built out to neighbouring cays in order to open them up for tourist development." AKA the Carretera de La Farola
    Cuba-Junky | Baracoa
    Carretera de La Farola in Baracoa | TouristEye

    Various dams.
    Presa Bueycito (Granma) - EcuRed
    Presa Corojo - EcuRed
    Presa Guisa - EcuRed
    Presa La Yaya - EcuRed
    Noti-CUTC

    Social infrastructure: Rural Hospitals, and Rural schools expanding doctors.





    Really?
    You can post stats that reject the idea that Cubans live longer than us? You can post pictures that Cubans have the second most doctor to patient ratio? You can post pictures that Cuba has one of the lowest mortality rates
    ?
    heres one can any health organization posts stats on cuban healthcare that wasnt provided by the cuban govt??????????????/


    the govt so great that they wont let anyone leave and wont let anyone see the island except in certain tourist locations???


    on the other note,great they built a few roads crippled their own agriculture,and built some dams yet have people homeless from not enough housing,and the housing that does exist is collapsing and killing people.





    you are in complete utter denial of cubas failure.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  7. #27
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Cuba Celebrates 59th Anniversary Of Revolution

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    heres one can any health organization posts stats on cuban healthcare that wasnt provided by the cuban govt??????????????/
    Well since the healthcare in Cuba is ran by the government....... Cmon use common sense here...



    the govt so great that they wont let anyone leave and wont let anyone see the island except in certain tourist locations???
    Uhhh explain this: Traveling throughout Cuba - YouTube
    How is life in Cuba ? Como es la vida en Cuba ? - Excerpt from the Documentary "The Road to Havana" - YouTube
    Havana Cuba - YouTube



    on the other note,great they built a few roads crippled their own agriculture,and built some dams
    Hey, your the one asking for examples of infrastructural being built during Castro. I just gave some. Just answering your questions.

    yet have people homeless from not enough housing,
    There are little homeless in Cuba. There are some. But its a very small, very very small amount of the population.

    and the housing that does exist is collapsing and killing people.
    Oh god use one example and exploit the **** out of it right?
    "The condition of Cuba’s housing stock is not great, but it is adequate. It certainly is better than it was before the revolution. A 2002 Harvard study found that the percentage of urban housing units in bad condition decreased from 47% before the revolution to just 13% 40 years later." Homeless in Cuba? Not Likely « Community Alliance




    you are in complete utter denial of cubas failure.
    Actually no im not.


  8. #28
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,249

    Re: Cuba Celebrates 59th Anniversary Of Revolution

    good for them! Went on holiday there a few years ago and had a grand old time! Good country, amazing people and nice weather! Oh and good rum and cigars
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  9. #29
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Cuba Celebrates 59th Anniversary Of Revolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    good for them! Went on holiday there a few years ago and had a grand old time! Good country, amazing people and nice weather! Oh and good rum and cigars
    Ive always wanted to visit Cuba. Hopefully after i graduate from college i want to visit, if somehow i can find a way around the restrictions.


  10. #30
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,367

    Re: Cuba Celebrates 59th Anniversary Of Revolution

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Well since the healthcare in Cuba is ran by the government....... Cmon use common sense here...




    Uhhh explain this: Traveling throughout Cuba - YouTube
    How is life in Cuba ? Como es la vida en Cuba ? - Excerpt from the Documentary "The Road to Havana" - YouTube
    Havana Cuba - YouTube




    Hey, your the one asking for examples of infrastructural being built during Castro. I just gave some. Just answering your questions.


    There are little homeless in Cuba. There are some. But its a very small, very very small amount of the population.


    Oh god use one example and exploit the **** out of it right?
    "The condition of Cuba’s housing stock is not great, but it is adequate. It certainly is better than it was before the revolution. A 2002 Harvard study found that the percentage of urban housing units in bad condition decreased from 47% before the revolution to just 13% 40 years later." Homeless in Cuba? Not Likely « Community Alliance





    Actually no im not.
    in other words you got no proof of cubas infrastructure other than the state run super secret cuba govt.

    epic fail.especially since people who defect from cuba say different without a gun pointed to their head.i shown you a site with images of cuba,and you denied everything because it simply didnt fit yoy ideology of a cuban paradise the cuban govt claims,despite cuba not allowing anyone to see true cuba.

    thats equal to me saying my company is super profitable,but not allowing anyone to see why or audit it,which leads me to believe the cuban govt is lying,and you believe unproven claims from a govt controlled media over the people who left there and spoke out against them,epic fail,you just shown your support for totalian govt.


    no just please every thing you say can be disporoven by any non socialist govt website withing a 5 min search,but keep going,i know you think a govt with high avg life expectancy where you need to bring your own sheets and wait 2 months for clean bandages is heaven on erth,i bet living in houses that will kill you faster than natural causes is better than the us also.

    you are simply denying fact for socialist propoganda presented by socialist countries that are more secretive of day to day lives than the cia is.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •