Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 207

Thread: Showdown over Bush tax cuts Wednesday

  1. #91
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Showdown over Bush tax cuts Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I would agree with that except for extending the middle class tax cuts until we are a little further out of the Great Recession. That's why I agree with the Democrats plan that passed the Senate, that the extension of the middle class tax cuts would only be for one year.
    yeah buy the votes of the middle class and then jack the taxes up

    good politics

    rather dishonest

  2. #92
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Showdown over Bush tax cuts Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post


    We werent doing good during the 50's? 60's? 70's? 80's? We had much of the same programs....
    Our forefathers that created and supported those programs in the 50s - 80s in both parties were really socialists and Marxists. Hasn't the far right informed you?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #93
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Showdown over Bush tax cuts Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Our forefathers that created and supported those programs in the 50s - 80s in both parties were really socialists and Marxists. Hasn't the far right informed you?
    FDR was a socialist leaning statist

    its funny how your constant yapping about forefathers always starts with the statist birthplace-the New Deal

  4. #94
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Showdown over Bush tax cuts Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yeah buy the votes of the middle class and then jack the taxes up

    good politics

    rather dishonest
    I'm sure that is why they announced it, because they are trying to keep it a secret. Your lack of logic is always a marvel!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #95
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Showdown over Bush tax cuts Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I'm sure that is why they announced it, because they are trying to keep it a secret. Your lack of logic is always a marvel!

    lack of logic say such as constantly screaming WAIT FOR NOVEMBER or pretending to speak for the masses about ALLOWING the wealthy to keep what they earn. one day the rich are going to realize its time to unite against the parasitic yappers and use their collective wealth to squash the fleas

  6. #96
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Showdown over Bush tax cuts Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    lack of logic say such as constantly screaming WAIT FOR NOVEMBER or pretending to speak for the masses about ALLOWING the wealthy to keep what they earn. one day the rich are going to realize its time to unite against the parasitic yappers and use their collective wealth to squash the fleas

    LOL! That's what the rich have been doing for the last 30 years. That's why the working class has started fighting back, just as they did after similar treatment in the 1920s.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #97
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Showdown over Bush tax cuts Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Uh most of our success in the 1950s was due to the fact we were the only major industrial power left

    yet we continued and grew welfare socialism and our middle class is now indolent and dependent
    Doesnt explain the 60's much of the 70's...


  8. #98
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Showdown over Bush tax cuts Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    LOL! That's what the rich have been doing for the last 30 years. That's why the working class has started fighting back, just as they did after similar treatment in the 1920s.
    let them fight-that is better than sucking on the public tit which way too many of them have done for the last 70 years

  9. #99
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Showdown over Bush tax cuts Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Doesnt explain the 60's much of the 70's...
    you mean when america started to decline?

  10. #100
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Showdown over Bush tax cuts Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you mean when america started to decline?
    The time period when the middle class skyrocketed is when we started to "decline"?


Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •