Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: USDA partnering with Mexico to boost food stamp participation

  1. #11
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: USDA partnering with Mexico to boost food stamp participation

    Quote Originally Posted by Daktoria View Post
    No kidding. That's the point.



    No, you.



    ...and?

    That means other adults should have to take care of them because...?
    Because we're not freaking monsters that's why.
    I specifically said legal, taxpaying residents. They pay into the system, they should be allowed to collect the benefits of the system like the rest of us. Illegal immigrants are different, and are not eligible. By the way, illegal immigrants very rarely go to the US government and say "Hey! Here's where I am and how much money I make!" More of a low-profile thing, ya know?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #12
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: USDA partnering with Mexico to boost food stamp participation

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Because we're not freaking monsters that's why.
    I specifically said legal, taxpaying residents. They pay into the system, they should be allowed to collect the benefits of the system like the rest of us. Illegal immigrants are different, and are not eligible. By the way, illegal immigrants very rarely go to the US government and say "Hey! Here's where I am and how much money I make!" More of a low-profile thing, ya know?
    it seems that some of us ARE monsters, the far right and some libertarians would let children starve, or take them from their parents and put them into work houses where they can earn their dailly bread....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    09-18-12 @ 08:07 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,245

    Re: USDA partnering with Mexico to boost food stamp participation

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Because we're not freaking monsters that's why.
    What does that have to do with anything?

    You're not responsible for what you don't create. If you think people are, that's slavery, plain and simple.

    I specifically said legal, taxpaying residents. They pay into the system, they should be allowed to collect the benefits of the system like the rest of us. Illegal immigrants are different, and are not eligible. By the way, illegal immigrants very rarely go to the US government and say "Hey! Here's where I am and how much money I make!" More of a low-profile thing, ya know?
    It doesn't matter what you say. The point is all Mexicans aren't legal, and the article explicitly mentions Mexican nationals.

    You also have no right to force people to assume the risk of illegals cashing in on government programs.

  4. #14
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-24-13 @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,001

    Re: USDA partnering with Mexico to boost food stamp participation

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post



    Making sure people can eat is pretty much the first thing I would expect a government to do. Because not a lot matters if you can't get that part down.
    Let them eat cake.

  5. #15
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: USDA partnering with Mexico to boost food stamp participation

    Quote Originally Posted by Daktoria View Post
    What does that have to do with anything?

    You're not responsible for what you don't create. If you think people are, that's slavery, plain and simple.



    It doesn't matter what you say. The point is all Mexicans aren't legal, and the article explicitly mentions Mexican nationals.

    You also have no right to force people to assume the risk of illegals cashing in on government programs.
    we are ALL part of a society that depends on each other for shared risk, shared labor, shared support....
    we are ALL participants in the building, and maintenance, of the infrastructure that allows us to learn, and earn, and spend.
    No man is an island....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    09-18-12 @ 08:07 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,245

    Re: USDA partnering with Mexico to boost food stamp participation

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    we are ALL part of a society that depends on each other for shared risk, shared labor, shared support....
    we are ALL participants in the building, and maintenance, of the infrastructure that allows us to learn, and earn, and spend.
    No man is an island....
    = communism.

    Yes, we live in society. No we don't have collective consciousness.

  7. #17
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: USDA partnering with Mexico to boost food stamp participation

    Quote Originally Posted by Daktoria View Post
    = communism.

    Yes, we live in society. No we don't have collective consciousness.
    No, that is nothing remotely resembling communism. You pay taxes, right? Guess what? You are participating in the maintenance of our national infrastructure by doing that.

    Unless you think the US Army is a communist organization. You aren't calling our soldiers communists, are you? Because you seem to be calling our national defense forces communists.
    Last edited by Deuce; 07-21-12 at 10:23 AM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #18
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: USDA partnering with Mexico to boost food stamp participation

    Quote Originally Posted by Daktoria View Post
    = communism.

    Yes, we live in society. No we don't have collective consciousness.
    how about collective conscience? collective christian charity for your fellow man?

    trust me, I don't like slackers, the stupid, the lazy....but there are some among us who are disadvantaged by nature, some who aren't smart enough to hide when the rich/powerful/greedy come around to take what little they have.
    You feel no obligation to them?
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  9. #19
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: USDA partnering with Mexico to boost food stamp participation

    Quote Originally Posted by Daktoria View Post
    What does that have to do with anything?

    You're not responsible for what you don't create. If you think people are, that's slavery, plain and simple.
    It is monstrous to allow a child to starve because of their parents mistakes if you are able to help, plain and simple.



    It doesn't matter what you say. The point is all Mexicans aren't legal, and the article explicitly mentions Mexican nationals.
    It's an irrelevant point because they aren't talking about giving illegal immigrants food stamps.

    You also have no right to force people to assume the risk of illegals cashing in on government programs.
    Illegal immigrants are "cashing in" on our national defense. Should we disband the army?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    09-18-12 @ 08:07 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,245

    Re: USDA partnering with Mexico to boost food stamp participation

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    It is monstrous to allow a child to starve because of their parents mistakes if you are able to help, plain and simple.
    It's monstrous to allow parents to make mistakes, passing the burden onto others.

    It's an irrelevant point because they aren't talking about giving illegal immigrants food stamps.
    ...migrant communities?

    You also ignored the point on Mexican nationals.

    Illegal immigrants are "cashing in" on our national defense. Should we disband the army?
    No. We should invade Mexico and make them pay for not monitoring their border.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •