Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 112

Thread: ‘Red Scare History Burst Through My Door’

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Prague, Czech Rep.
    Last Seen
    10-10-12 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,880

    Re: ‘Red Scare History Burst Through My Door’

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post

    Yes Latin Americas pink tide is very "authoritarian"
    Ghandi was a real authoritarian
    MLK was a real authoritarian
    Tony Benn is real authoritarian
    Thomas Paine was a real authoritarian


    So you actually wanna have a real discussion or are we just gonna keep on going back to really ****ty talking points of no value?
    No we are certainly not. Hackneyed again, but it reminds me of a definition of insanity: repeating the same thing and expecting different results.

    I am through dancing with you on this. Take it to the streets and to anyone gullible enough to buy into your new world order. Good luck with it. I myself prefer minimally restrained freedoms to your "brave new world".

    Ciao

  2. #72
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: ‘Red Scare History Burst Through My Door’

    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    No we are certainly not. Hackneyed again, but it reminds me of a definition of insanity: repeating the same thing and expecting different results.

    I am through dancing with you on this. Take it to the streets and to anyone gullible enough to buy into your new world order. Good luck with it. I myself prefer minimally restrained freedoms to your "brave new world".

    Ciao

    So you dont have anything to contribute to this conversation, other than the same ****ty talking points?
    Gotcha!


  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Last Seen
    10-12-14 @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    407

    Re: ‘Red Scare History Burst Through My Door’

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I said:

    I gave examples of protesters being paid. That backs up the claim.

    It's one reason why the whole Organize-X is illegitimate. Another reason, a bigger reason IMO, is that ACORN is behind a majority of it, as previously sourced.

    It's not a legitimate grievance of the people. It's a special interest group turning up the heat after being caught in illegal activities and shut down.
    You're right, that is what you said, and I apologize.

    But that's wrong.

    ACORN had no hand in organizing the original protests (OWS) and most, if not all, of the protesters were there by their own will. Unless you have something to prove otherwise, again, it means nothing.

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Last Seen
    10-12-14 @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    407

    Re: ‘Red Scare History Burst Through My Door’

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Has nothing to do with my response. Again, by YOUR definition, an anarchist who asserts they have rights has proven by that assertion they are no anarchist. At least follow along with your own philosophy.
    They're still granted the rights by the system, they're born with them in the U.S. and have them from the start.

    If I were being a dumbass like this crew, yes.
    I find that hard to believe.

    Yes and no. I hate the morons who trashed downtown Portland and would take some small and private comfort in seeing them get their asses kicked. If I were asked to authorize such a thing however, the answer would be no. That doesn't apply here. There was a warrant, so there was the presumption a crime has been committed.
    But I'm asking you as a generalized question. If there was no crime involved, would you be alright with 'Occupiers' getting beaten and harassed?

  5. #75
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: ‘Red Scare History Burst Through My Door’

    Quote Originally Posted by Das Sozialist View Post
    They're still granted the rights by the system, they're born with them in the U.S. and have them from the start.
    So? My point is true anarchists don't claim those rights, just as they don't honor the authority of the system that granted them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Das Sozialist View Post
    I find that hard to believe.
    Well with the nonsense you do seem to believe, that's hardly surprising.

    Quote Originally Posted by Das Sozialist View Post
    But I'm asking you as a generalized question. If there was no crime involved, would you be alright with 'Occupiers' getting beaten and harassed?
    I gave you a generalized answer. It's the same answer as if you had asked if I think KKK ralliers should be beaten and harassed absent criminal behavior. In my mind I'd revel in seeing it, but if asked to authorize it, the answer would be no.

    Again, that's a strawman in this instance. These folks WERE at least suspected of criminal behavior and a crime WAS involved.
    Last edited by clownboy; 07-19-12 at 07:03 PM.

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Last Seen
    10-12-14 @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    407

    Re: ‘Red Scare History Burst Through My Door’

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    So? My point is true anarchists don't claim those rights, just as they don't honor the authority of the system that granted them.
    If you're given the rights and take advantage of them, you can still be an Anarchist. Anarchism is a political philosophy, just as Liberalism and Conservatism are, if a Liberal sides with a Conservative, does that mean he's no longer a true Liberal and vice versa?

    Well with the nonsense you do seem to believe, that's hardly surprising.
    Nonsense I believe? Please, tell me what 'nonsense' that is.

    I gave you a generalized answer. It's the same answer as if you had asked if I think KKK ralliers should be beaten and harassed absent criminal behavior. In my mind I'd revel in seeing it, but if asked to authorize it, the answer would be no.
    I didn't ask if you would authorize it, I asked, if no crime was committed, would you be alright, just as a bystander, with Occupiers getting beaten and harassed?
    Last edited by Das Sozialist; 07-19-12 at 10:38 PM.

  7. #77
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: ‘Red Scare History Burst Through My Door’

    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    No we are certainly not. Hackneyed again, but it reminds me of a definition of insanity: repeating the same thing and expecting different results.
    That's not the definition of insanity.


    Insanity
    [in-san-i-tee]
    noun, plural in·san·i·ties.

    1.the condition of being insane; a derangement of the mind. Synonyms: dementia, lunacy, madness, craziness, mania, aberration.

    2. Law . such unsoundness of mind as frees one from legal responsibility, as for committing a crime, or as signals one's lack of legal capacity, as for entering into a contractual agreement.

    3. Psychiatry . (formerly) psychosis.

    4. a. extreme foolishness; folly; senselessness; foolhardiness: Trying to drive through that traffic would be pure insanity.

    b. a foolish or senseless action, policy, statement, etc.: We've heard decades of insanities in our political discourse.

    (Random House, Inc. 2012)
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: ‘Red Scare History Burst Through My Door’

    Quote Originally Posted by Das Sozialist View Post
    You're right, that is what you said, and I apologize.

    But that's wrong.

    ACORN had no hand in organizing the original protests (OWS) and most, if not all, of the protesters were there by their own will. Unless you have something to prove otherwise, again, it means nothing.
    Hey like I said, folks can believe what they want, just make sure your car is fully insured before bringing one of those protests to my neighborhood

  9. #79
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: ‘Red Scare History Burst Through My Door’

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Hey like I said, folks can believe what they want, just make sure your car is fully insured before bringing one of those protests to my neighborhood
    If you're in Afganistan, the OWS protesting in your neighborhood are the least of your worries. But my my, you sure are full of empty threats...or are they?

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: ‘Red Scare History Burst Through My Door’

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    If you're in Afganistan, the OWS protesting in your neighborhood are the least of your worries. But my my, you sure are full of empty threats...or are they?
    I guess at this point there's only one way to find out.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •