Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 112

Thread: ‘Red Scare History Burst Through My Door’

  1. #91
    Sage
    RGacky3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-15 @ 05:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,570

    Re: ‘Red Scare History Burst Through My Door’

    Yeah ... Because support for Capitalism is GOING DOWN.

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Prague, Czech Rep.
    Last Seen
    10-10-12 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,880

    Re: ‘Red Scare History Burst Through My Door’

    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    "The poll, published Wednesday, found that while Americans overall tend to oppose socialism by a strong margin -- 60 percent say they have a negative view of it, versus just 31 percent who say they have a positive"

    This proves this quote of yours?:

    "Anyway, according to the polls, people are no longer buying into Capitalism and looking for an alternative."
    Could you square an absurd post with the finding of the poll?!

    I really would like to hear this, for amusement if nothing else. Idiotic backtracking is a much more likely response, as you did above. Minimally, it would be disingenuous.

  3. #93
    Sage
    RGacky3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-15 @ 05:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,570

    Re: ‘Red Scare History Burst Through My Door’

    A: I didn't say everyone was supporting socailism.
    B: Both polls show that support for capitalism is going lower and lower, which was my claim.

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Prague, Czech Rep.
    Last Seen
    10-10-12 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,880

    Re: ‘Red Scare History Burst Through My Door’

    Quote Originally Posted by RGacky3 View Post
    A: I didn't say everyone was supporting socailism.
    B: Both polls show that support for capitalism is going lower and lower, which was my claim.
    Both your claim and your answer are BS. You managed to be disingenuous and backtrack simultaneously.

  5. #95
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: ‘Red Scare History Burst Through My Door’

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I guess at this point there's only one way to find out.
    Wh well, whaddya mean by that?

  6. #96
    Sage
    RGacky3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-15 @ 05:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,570

    Re: ‘Red Scare History Burst Through My Door’

    Both your claim and your answer are BS. You managed to be disingenuous and backtrack simultaneously.
    No ... I'm not backtracking .... less people trust Capitalism than before ...

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: ‘Red Scare History Burst Through My Door’

    If the swat team had a warrant it means a judge thought there was enough evidence to conduct a search. I don't see the problem.

  8. #98
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: ‘Red Scare History Burst Through My Door’

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    If the swat team had a warrant it means a judge thought there was enough evidence to conduct a search. I don't see the problem.

    No it doesn't. Getting a warrant is just a rubber stamp thing by some low ranking magistrate in nearly any jurisdiction. You believe in the television mythology of criminal justice.

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: ‘Red Scare History Burst Through My Door’

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    No it doesn't. Getting a warrant is just a rubber stamp thing by some low ranking magistrate in nearly any jurisdiction. You believe in the television mythology of criminal justice.
    "A search warrant is an order signed by a judge that authorizes police officers to search for specific objects or materials at a definite location at a specified time. For example, a warrant may authorize the search of "the premises at 11359 Happy Glade Avenue between the hours of 8 a.m. to 6 p.m." and direct the police to search for and seize "cash, betting slips, record books, and every other means used in connection with placing bets on horses."

    How Police Obtain Search Warrants

    Police officers obtain search warrants by convincing a judge or magistrate that they have "probable cause" to believe that criminal activity is occurring at the place to be searched or that evidence of a crime may be found there. Usually, the police provide the judge or magistrate with information in the form of written statements under oath, called "affidavits," which report either their own observations, or those of private citizens or police undercover informants. If the magistrate believes that the affidavit establishes probable cause to conduct a search, he or she will issue a warrant.

    The suspect, who may be connected with the place to be searched, is not present when the warrant is issued and therefore cannot contest the issue of probable cause at that time. However, the suspect can later challenge the validity of the warrant before trial."

    Search Warrants: What They Are and When They're Necessary | Nolo.com


    Like I said, I don't see the problem.

  10. #100
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: ‘Red Scare History Burst Through My Door’

    Quote Originally Posted by Das Sozialist View Post
    If you're given the rights and take advantage of them, you can still be an Anarchist. Anarchism is a political philosophy, just as Liberalism and Conservatism are, if a Liberal sides with a Conservative, does that mean he's no longer a true Liberal and vice versa?
    If a self-professed conservative does something for self-advantage that betrays basic conservative principles he/she believes are basic conservative principles - then they are not a true conservative. You're correct, it is a political philosophy AND if you don't follow that philosophy, you're not that thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Das Sozialist View Post
    Nonsense I believe? Please, tell me what 'nonsense' that is.
    We can start with you thinking this event even closely resembles the Red Scare or that this is the state overreaching.

    Quote Originally Posted by Das Sozialist View Post
    I didn't ask if you would authorize it, I asked, if no crime was committed, would you be alright, just as a bystander, with Occupiers getting beaten and harassed?
    You seem hell bent on this strawman. I'm not playing. The fact is - there was a crime here and the search was warranted.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •