Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 148

Thread: Number Of Americans Living In Poverty Hits 52-Year High, 27.4 Percent Of Blacks Under

  1. #71
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Number Of Americans Living In Poverty Hits 52-Year High, 27.4 Percent Of Blacks U

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    I refuse to regard anyone as impoverished who has never truly known starvation.

    I refuse to regard anyone with a computer, smart phone, ipod, or car as impoverished. Did you just buy your son $160 Michael Jordans? Then I don't care about you.
    Yeah, because poor people shouldn't own computers, especially since so many businesses now only take resumes online.

    Yeah, because poor people shouldn't own a smartphone, which they need for businesses to get back to them in case they are hiring.

    Yeah, because poor people shouldn't own cars, which they need to get back and forth from their home to their job, or to drive where job opportunities are, especially in areas with incredibly underdeveloped public transportation.

    Yeah, because just because someone owns a computer, a smartphone, or a car means they paid $160 for Michael Jordans.
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

  2. #72
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Number Of Americans Living In Poverty Hits 52-Year High, 27.4 Percent Of Blacks U

    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    So, for example, 90% of Somalis are startving, then there is no poverty there. As you said, utterly idiotic.
    Ahh so you take the most extreme example and compare it to western industrial society, and of course a person living on the streets of LA is not poor! He can after all dumpster dive for discarded Big Macs so he cant be poor because he is not starving, and starvation is of course the only real way to define poverty right?! Talk about utterly idiotic.
    PeteEU

  3. #73
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Number Of Americans Living In Poverty Hits 52-Year High, 27.4 Percent Of Blacks U

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    Yeah, because poor people shouldn't own computers, especially since so many businesses now only take resumes online.

    Yeah, because poor people shouldn't own a smartphone, which they need for businesses to get back to them in case they are hiring.

    Yeah, because poor people shouldn't own cars, which they need to get back and forth from their home to their job, or to drive where job opportunities are, especially in areas with incredibly underdeveloped public transportation.

    Yeah, because just because someone owns a computer, a smartphone, or a car means they paid $160 for Michael Jordans.

    If you listen to the far the righters...a poor person that gets one dime from the govt shouldnt have anything besides some oxygen and just enough food to keep their chest moving....this whole attitude of the far right has gone waaay to far...and it will be their demise in the end

  4. #74
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,751

    Re: Number Of Americans Living In Poverty Hits 52-Year High, 27.4 Percent Of Blacks U

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_rebson View Post
    Okay genius, what other possible reason could there be for sending American jobs overseas?
    Good question-of course it should come down to only one issue-the cost and quality of available commodities known as LABOR

  5. #75
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,751

    Re: Number Of Americans Living In Poverty Hits 52-Year High, 27.4 Percent Of Blacks U

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    If you listen to the far the righters...a poor person that gets one dime from the govt shouldnt have anything besides some oxygen and just enough food to keep their chest moving....this whole attitude of the far right has gone waaay to far...and it will be their demise in the end
    wrong: that attitude of most "far righters" (far right being anyone who tires of too many people sucking on the public teat) is that the safety net should not encourage and increase dependency and that the Dem party should not use it to create more dem beholden voters is deleterious to the nation and btw its the "far right" that tends to be far bigger contributors to private charity

  6. #76
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Number Of Americans Living In Poverty Hits 52-Year High, 27.4 Percent Of Blacks U

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    wrong: that attitude of most "far righters" (far right being anyone who tires of too many people sucking on the public teat) is that the safety net should not encourage and increase dependency and that the Dem party should not use it to create more dem beholden voters is deleterious to the nation and btw its the "far right" that tends to be far bigger contributors to private charity

    That is not how most of you present yourselves on here...you present that you dont give a chit about anyone else and everything belongs to you
    The far right contribute to charities for ONE REASON tax deductions...end their tax deductions and see how fast their donations cease lol....what a treat reading your posts turtle....

  7. #77
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,076

    Re: Number Of Americans Living In Poverty Hits 52-Year High, 27.4 Percent Of Blacks U

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    You would be flat wrong. I know how to count- it's a pretty simple concept. More calories in than energy consumed= weight gain. Less calories in than consumed= weight loss. No magic formula, not difficult to figure out.
    Hahahaha what nonsense. I guess you've never heard of things like protein, sugars, carbohydrates and fibre as contributing factors to gain weight. "Counting calories" to keep track of your weight is like claiming you know how to fly a plane cause you've looked at the sky once or twice. It's stupid at best and you'll be laughed out of any respectable gym.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 07-14-12 at 02:09 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Prague, Czech Rep.
    Last Seen
    10-10-12 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,880

    Re: Number Of Americans Living In Poverty Hits 52-Year High, 27.4 Percent Of Blacks U

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Ahh so you take the most extreme example and compare it to western industrial society, and of course a person living on the streets of LA is not poor! He can after all dumpster dive for discarded Big Macs so he cant be poor because he is not starving, and starvation is of course the only real way to define poverty right?! Talk about utterly idiotic.
    it was your definition. And again utter idiocy. You were the one who compared poverty to relative wealth. In an extremely wealthy country, might not relativity become pointless?

    You were always a lightweight.

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Number Of Americans Living In Poverty Hits 52-Year High, 27.4 Percent Of Blacks U

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Hahahaha what nonsense. I guess you've never heard of things like protein, sugars, carbohydrates and fibre as contributing factors to gain weight. "Counting calories" to keep track of your weight is like claiming you know how to fly a plane cause you've looked at the sky once or twice. It's stupid at best and you'll be laughed out of any respectable gym.
    Well, not only are you unnecessarily rude - but you are also WRONG.

    Calories are calories.

    Sure, different things can increase your metabolism or reduce it to some extent.

    But the bottom line is that roughly 3500 calories equals one pound of fat.

    If you are 10 pounds over weight and your metabolism and muscle mass (because muscles burn fat faster - even at rest) remain relatively constant and if the amount of calories in that state that you require during your normal activities to maintain your weight is, say 3200 calories (as mine is for example);
    then if you consume 2200 calories per day (without any extra exercise) - then you WILL drop one pound every 3 1/2 days OR 2 pounds per week.

    And except for some slight differences - it does not matter what you eat...if the total adds up to 2200 calories and all other factors remains the same, you WILL lose 2 pounds (give or take a few ounces) per week...assuming no other factors like illnesses or extreme diets (like fasting).

    I don't just think that - I KNOW it.

    And I bet you I have spent WAY more time in gyms and bodybuilding then you ever have.
    Last edited by DA60; 07-14-12 at 06:21 PM.

  10. #80
    Death2Globalists Matt Foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ExecuteTheTraitors
    Last Seen
    11-24-12 @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,574

    Re: Number Of Americans Living In Poverty Hits 52-Year High, 27.4 Percent Of Blacks U

    Yeah, Free Trade and Open Borders tends to be bad.

    Number of Americans living in poverty highest since last 52 years under President Obama.
    *picks nose*

    Hey anyone got a napkin?
    Globalist = Free Trade, Open Borders, Multiculturalist, Anti-White Racist, Hypocrite, Sophist, Deceiver, Manipulator, Warmonger, Vulgar Culture, Morally Depraved......Enemy

    Death to Globalists

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •