Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 136

Thread: Southern governors secede from Medicaid

  1. #61
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,114

    Re: Southern governors secede from Medicaid

    so, the current updated theory is that completely broke people are going to flock to live in motels in Arkansas for medicaid? what does that look like? i can see it now : "come on, kids, pack up the Hudson, we're going to the extended stay America to live!" what complete bologna.

    somebody doesn't hang out with us regular folk much.

  2. #62
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Southern governors secede from Medicaid

    Quote Originally Posted by wbcoleman View Post
    Exactly! You are quoting the "freebies". How many people favor the parts that "pay" for the goodies? That is precisely why the package is so unpopular.
    No.

    People will pay for it themselves since there is an individual mandate.

    So because people will pay for their own health insurance, there are no "freebies."
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

  3. #63
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Southern governors secede from Medicaid

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    Extended coverage of college students on their parents' plan.

    No more denied coverage due to preecisting conditions.
    All which raise rates. Funny thing reality is, the more you cover, and the more that is covered, the higher the rates, as the 'risk' is higher.

    Only 20% of premium payments going to administrative costs.
    Unrealistic. What other industries has the government set limits on administrative costs on? When most of that industry is pushing paperwork?
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  4. #64
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Southern governors secede from Medicaid

    Quote Originally Posted by wbcoleman View Post
    Rasmussen has been polling on this every 1-2 weeks since the scheme was enacted. Their results have been remarkably consistant over time and with other surveys:

    Health Care Law
    53% Want Health Care Law Repealed

    Monday, July 9, 2012

    Health Care Law - Rasmussen Reports™

    Most voters still aren’t convinced: They want President Obama’s national health care law repealed as they have said consistently since the measure was passed by Congress over two years ago.

    The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 53% of Likely U.S. Voters at least somewhat favor the repeal of the health care law, while 41% are opposed. These findings include 43% who Strongly Favor repeal and 31% who Strongly Oppose it. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

    The survey of 1,000 Likely Voters was conducted on July 7-8, 2012 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Field work for all Rasmussen Reports surveys is conducted by Pulse Opinion Research, LLC.
    Why is it the only poll Republicans ever pay any attention to is Rasmussen - the poll that leans right on everything and everybody?

    Poll: 'Obamacare' Gains Support, Public Opinion Now Split | TPM Livewire
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  5. #65
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Southern governors secede from Medicaid

    Quote Originally Posted by wbcoleman View Post
    Of course, it's racism! As always.

    .
    If you say so. I wouldn't go that far. I merely point out that the mental midgets running these states are the natural successor's to the clowns that voted for secession so that they could continue to own slaves.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  6. #66
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Southern governors secede from Medicaid

    Quote Originally Posted by wbcoleman View Post
    Exactly! You are quoting the "freebies". How many people favor the parts that "pay" for the goodies? That is precisely why the package is so unpopular.
    Except it isn't unpopular. The American public is evenly split on the issue, with some of those opposed taking that position because they don't feel Obamacare goes far enough. Really, get out of relying on Rasmussen for all of your information.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  7. #67
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Southern governors secede from Medicaid

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Dave View Post
    You mean to say that forcing them to buy the health coverage that they can't afford is going to improve their situation?
    Well fortunately that isn't what this law does. It makes health care affordable for many more people, by providing government subsidies for everyone whose income is less than 400% of the poverty line. That's $44,000 for a single person or $92,000 for a family of four...not exactly impoverished. Anyone earning less than that will be eligible for government subsidies. And if for some reason, they still can't afford health insurance, they will be exempted from the mandate anyway due to financial hardship.

    I think making this a federal issue was a dumb idea in the first place, states and municipalities could come up with far better systems for themselves.
    The states have had 200+ years to do so, and they have utterly failed.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  8. #68
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Southern governors secede from Medicaid

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Really, get out of relying on Rasmussen for all of your information.
    Says the guy that sources from "Talking Points Memo".
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  9. #69
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Southern governors secede from Medicaid

    Just a thought:

    Don't most insurance companies work on a reserves system? If one year is particularly "good" because claims are down, they have a reserve for the next year that's "bad" because claims shoot up.

    So let's say this 80/20 plan kills that year-to-year reserve...what happens in a "bad" year? What if they need to spend more than 80% on medical pay outs? What if they have to spend more than is paid in for some reason? What happens at that point?
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  10. #70
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Southern governors secede from Medicaid

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    The states have had 200+ years to do so, and they have utterly failed.
    First, they haven't had anywhere near 200+ years, do a bit digging into the history of actual healthcare.

    Second, if the people wanted it in any state, it would have happened. Suggesting that because x didn't happen, the people wanted x is a silly argument.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •