Page 58 of 80 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 791

Thread: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

  1. #571
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,989

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    sorry you lose

    the GOVERNMENT is what determines the rate

    the only discrimination is making the rich pay more

    how are you HURT by the RICH not paying the same rates on INVESTMENT INCOME as they do on EARNED INCOME
    You do not even make sense.

    You want to change the government rate for earned income but keep the government preferential discriminatory rates for the rich on other sources of income.

    I want to change both.

    Your CONSISTENCY argument fails utterly and completely just as all your selfish motivated posts do on this issue.

    How am I hurt? Perhaps you have heard of something called the Federal Debt which is being passed on to our children and grand children?

    Read and learn

    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_public_debt
    Last edited by haymarket; 07-28-12 at 01:15 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #572
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,724

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Speaking of evasions - your unwillingness to answer the questions is noted.
    what question? The fact is there is no reason to say someone making 250K needs to pay more but someone making 199k needs to keep their current rates

    someone making a million is far closer in spending habits to someone making 195K than they are to someone who makes a billion or 100 million or 50 million

  3. #573
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,724

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You do not even make sense.

    You want to change the government rate for earned income but keep the government preferential discriminatory rates for the rich on other sources of income.

    I want to change both.

    Your CONSISTENCY argument fails utterly and completely just as all your selfish motivated posts do on this issue.

    How am I hurt? Perhaps you have heard of something called the F

    ederal Debt which is being passed on to our children and grand children?
    your only consistency is wanting every law to require the rich to pay more tax dollars at higher rates

  4. #574
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,989

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    your only consistency is wanting every law to require the rich to pay more tax dollars at higher rates
    BBBBBZZZZZTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    that buzzer is telling you that you have just fouled out of the game. But I have a sneaking suspicion that since Daddykins owns the arena the result is preordained otherwise.

    In point of fact, and something you know darn well because it has been explained to you a thousand times - I favor increasing taxes on ALL Americans who earn dollar one across the board.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #575
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,724

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    BBBBBZZZZZTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    that buzzer is telling you that you have just fouled out of the game. But I have a sneaking suspicion that since Daddykins owns the arena the result is preordained otherwise.

    In point of fact, and something you know darn well because it has been explained to you a thousand times - I favor increasing taxes on ALL Americans who earn dollar one across the board.
    You want the rich to pay even more when they pay more of the tax burden than their share of the income

    tell us why its UNFAIR to YOU that I don't pay 35% on my investment income?

  6. #576
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,989

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You want the rich to pay even more when they pay more of the tax burden than their share of the income

    tell us why its UNFAIR to YOU that I don't pay 35% on my investment income?
    I want ALL AMericans earning dollar one to pay more.

    When you ask me the question how is it unfair to me personally - you make the serious and terrible error of deluding yourself to think that I or others judge major issues of national policy as you do with your own standards - that is to say what benefits me is all I give two craps about. Sorry Turtle, but my standards for America are not based on where the sun shines on my own ass.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #577
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,724

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I want ALL AMericans earning dollar one to pay more.

    When you ask me the question how is it unfair to me personally - you make the serious and terrible error of deluding yourself to think that I or others judge major issues of national policy as you do with your own standards - that is to say what benefits me is all I give two craps about. Sorry Turtle, but my standards for America are not based on where the sun shines on my own ass.
    we start at a point where the rich pay too much and you want them to pay even more

    BUT YOU SUPPORT THE OBAMA TAX PLAN DON'T YOU?

  8. #578
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,277

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    This is the last time I'm going to explain this to you.


    That bridge that brings people to businesses owned by wealthy investors was built by and is maintained by TAX REVENUE. The wealthy investors benefit the most from the partnership between government and business, therefore they contribute the most to keep the ALL the necessary programs running.

    Get it?


    The giant ramp off the 5 Freeway in Anaheim that delivers cars right to the Disneyland Resort parking structure was paid for with tax dollars. Why? Because the Disney company was going to double their employment with the expansion of the resort. Disney stock goes up, investors make money, CEOs get bonuses +++ people get jobs, get a salary and buy goods and services. The ramp was stimulus. It created 10 jobs for ever $1 tax dollar. Get it?

    All this is made possible because of a partnership between the PUBLIC AND PRIVATE SECTORS. Wealthy investors and business owners benefit the most when the economy is working. So they contribute the most to keep the Necessary Programs running.

    I explained this to you a year ago, using the same example. You never refuted it or offered anything but a meaningless string of Limbaugh talking points.

    You understand nothing about the economic principles behind taxation and how government functions to support businesses.
    Your point would make a certain degree of sense if a significant portion of annual federal spending from income tax revenue went toward roads and bridges. It doesnt. Roads and bridges are largely paid for by those who use them through gas taxes. And has been pointed out to you, the major role of the federal government is wealth transfers, so your argument that business and the rich should somehow pay more to an entity whose sole job it is is not to provide services but to spread wealth around from those who created it to those who did not is a fraud. People are more than willing to pay for those things from which they derive a direct benefit. Sorry, but the rich derive no benefit from the thief; whether that thief takes the form of a common thug or a thuggish state.

  9. #579
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,724

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Your point would make a certain degree of sense if a significant portion of annual federal spending from income tax revenue went toward roads and bridges. It doesnt. Roads and bridges are largely paid for by those who use them through gas taxes. And has been pointed out to you, the major role of the federal government is wealth transfers, so your argument that business and the rich should somehow pay more to an entity whose sole job it is is not to provide services but to spread wealth around from those who created it to those who did not is a fraud. People are more than willing to pay for those things from which they derive a direct benefit. Sorry, but the rich derive no benefit from the thief; whether that thief takes the form of a common thug or a thuggish state.
    excellent post-when we fund dependence on the government created by the left to make more voters dependent on them-we create more demands for taxes because the dependents are like addicts who have to get more and more and more and those who pander to them must try to tax us more and more and more to keep buying votes

  10. #580
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    rich people have complete choice. union members do not. Look up the BECK vs Communications Workers of America case in front of the supreme court. 487 US 735 (1988)
    That case illustrates that union members do indeed have a choice. Once again, your argument defeats your position. Odd, but entertaining. . . . .

    Under the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision in Communications Workers of America v. Beck, union workers subject to a union-security agreement enjoy what are known as “Beck Rights.” You can go to your local union leadership and tell them you’d like to exercise these rights. When you do, the union will recategorize you as an “agency fee payer.” The union will still collect fees to spend on negotiating a contract with employers and collective bargaining, but it can no longer legally spend those fees on political campaigns.

    Protecting American Workers
    LOL you fell for it-under the Clinton administration he ordered the DOL not to prosecute those claims meaning if I am a union member and the union violated my BECK Rights the DOL would not help me. Under GHWB the DOL would bring the charges and a federal attorney would go after the union

    big difference but as is often the case with the far left you are arguing tangents. the BECK case proved that union member's dues were often USED FOR POLITICAL PURPOSES THAT NOT ALL THE MEMBERS WANTED while in the case of rich people its generally purely voluntary

    another fail on your part
    Your argument defeats your positon and I fail? Interesting. Let's review:

    1. You claim that "union workers do not [have complete choice]". As substantiation, you provide BECK.

    2. I show that BECK, rather than proving that "union workers do not [have complete choice]", proves that union workers do indeed have choice.

    3. You then claim that BECK proves that "union workers do not [have complete choice]" at some point in the past, which somehow makes your present tense claim in #1 correct? Pardon me, and others I suspect, while we ROFLMAO

Page 58 of 80 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •