Page 55 of 80 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 791

Thread: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

  1. #541
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,640

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    No, I've had the same opinion about taxing wealth ever since you started your "pay for what you use" nonsense. If we pay for what we use then at least half of the cost of the military should be based on wealth since that's a large part of what they're defending. You started me thinking along those lines, so don't blame it on anyone else. LOL!
    opinion noted and rejected as moronic.

    the military isn't defending "wealth" but the nation as a whole.
    and generally the poor are less mobile than the rich

  2. #542
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the military isn't defending "wealth" but the nation as a whole.
    and generally the poor are less mobile than the rich
    Of course the military are defending the wealth - what kind of nonsense is it to claim otherwise?
    Last edited by MoSurveyor; 07-28-12 at 10:28 AM.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  3. #543
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,640

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Of course the military are defending the wealth - what kind of nonsense is it to claim otherwise?
    they are defending the country as a whole-what happens-the chinese attack the use and the commanders tell our military to guard mansions?

    can you prove that the military spends more money defending my house as opposed to yours

  4. #544
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    they are defending the country as a whole-what happens-the chinese attack the use and the commanders tell our military to guard mansions?
    I'll be sure to let everyone know if they bomb something in America it's OK. As long is it doesn't kill anyone the most we'll do is sue them for damages because the military doesn't care about the wealth of the nation. LOL!
    Last edited by MoSurveyor; 07-28-12 at 10:47 AM.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  5. #545
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,640

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    I'll be sure to let everyone know if they bomb something in America it's OK. As long is it doesn't kill anyone the most we'll do is sue them for damages because the military doesn't care about the wealth of the nation. LOL!
    you have to prove your claim that the military is tasked with defending the rich more when they only make up a small percentage of the country yet pay more for the military than the bottom 65% combined

  6. #546
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    can you prove that the military spends more money defending my house as opposed to yours
    If we're getting down to that they don't spend anything to defend my house since it's not accessible from foreign territory. Someone would have to go through several other states before getting to mine, so I'll forgo military defense. I don't need it, thanks.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  7. #547
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you have to prove your claim that the military is tasked with defending the rich more when they only make up a small percentage of the country yet pay more for the military than the bottom 65% combined
    Nice try with that phony 65% number! Your "source" already killed your claim to that.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  8. #548
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,640

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Nice try with that phony 65% number! Your "source" already killed your claim to that.
    does the bottom 65% pay as much as the top 2 percent in federal income taxes? we know the top 5% pays more than the bottom 95% combined

  9. #549
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    does the bottom 65% pay as much as the top 2 percent in federal income taxes? we know the top 5% pays more than the bottom 95% combined
    Is the military only paid from federal income taxes or are they paid from the general fund, which gets money from many different sources?


    Also, how much wealth is the Top 2% sitting on compared to the bottom 65%?
    How about the Top 5% compared to the other 95%?
    Last edited by MoSurveyor; 07-28-12 at 11:04 AM.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  10. #550
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,640

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Is the military only paid from federal income taxes or are they paid from the general fund, which gets money from many different sources?


    Also, how much wealth is the Top 2% sitting on compared to the bottom 65%?
    How about the Top 5% compared to the other 95%?
    nice squid action

    lots of ink

    good evasion

Page 55 of 80 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •