Page 54 of 80 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 791

Thread: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

  1. #531
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    Lets see about some of the idiocy

    how is a 15% rate on investment income unfair? because Haymarket thinks that it is too low compared to taxes on earned income

    but most people never pay even an effective rate of 15% on earned income and those who pay higher effective rates on earned income aren't complaining

    the unfairness it that earned income is taxed at 35% for some and zero for others

    since the wealthy pay a huge amount of the taxes-whining that the rates on earned income "benefits" the rich" is a specious comment

    its all is based on Haymarkets belief the rich should always be taxed more than others NO MATTER WHAT FORM OF TAX IS INVOLVED

  2. #532
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    some more idiocy to deal with: we have an income tax NOT A WEALTH TAX

    many forms of wealth do not generate income

    many forms of wealth were purchased with after tax dollars

    taxing wealth-another Haymarket goal since he whines about the rich having so much "wealth"-is unfair and idiotic because it clearly would be taxing income TWICE. If I have 100K of after tax income and I buy a painting with that which is worth 100K being taxed merely for owning that painting each year would be taxing that 100K over and over and over and over.

  3. #533
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 07:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,266

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You do not want FICA taxes considered in the over all tax burden percentage a person pays and you keep saying it was not suppose to be a progressive tax but you ignore that over and over and over again the other side is NOT asking for FICA to be progressive. They are merely advocating that 100% of American earners pay the SAME FICA percentage on 100% of their income. Nobody is asking FICA be made a progressive tax. NOBODY.
    And it has been explained to you over and over that the reason their is a cap on FICA taxes is because there is a cap on FICA payouts. Evil millionaires and billionaires do not get higher SS checks than do those who make $100,000. If you think it right to demand people pay more for zero benefit, perhaps you should put new batteries in your fairness meter.

  4. #534
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    And it has been explained to you over and over that the reason their is a cap on FICA taxes is because there is a cap on FICA payouts. Evil millionaires and billionaires do not get higher SS checks than do those who make $100,000. If you think it right to demand people pay more for zero benefit, perhaps you should put new batteries in your fairness meter.
    the best way to explain it to those who are blinded by a desire to whine about the rich is that a rich guy who buys a 1 million dollar policy and pays 5K year on it is the same as a guy making 65K a year who buys the same thing

  5. #535
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    taxing wealth-another Haymarket goal since he whines about the rich having so much "wealth"-is unfair and idiotic because it clearly would be taxing income TWICE. If I have 100K of after tax income and I buy a painting with that which is worth 100K being taxed merely for owning that painting each year would be taxing that 100K over and over and over and over.
    Property taxes? LOL!
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  6. #536
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    And it has been explained to you over and over that the reason their is a cap on FICA taxes is because there is a cap on FICA payouts. Evil millionaires and billionaires do not get higher SS checks than do those who make $100,000. If you think it right to demand people pay more for zero benefit, perhaps you should put new batteries in your fairness meter.
    And as long as some right-wingnut isn't trying to lump SS retirement with welfare I'm good with keeping it a separate issue. But once you start down that slope there's no reason to exclude FICA from Fed income tax comparisons.

    What's YOUR position on SS retirement? Is it a retirement plan run by the government or just Old People Welfare?
    Last edited by MoSurveyor; 07-28-12 at 09:42 AM.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  7. #537
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 07:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,266

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    And as long as some right-wingnut isn't trying to lump SS retirement with welfare I'm good with keeping it a separate issue. But once you start down that slope there's no reason to exclude FICA from Fed income tax comparisons.

    What's YOUR position on SS reitrement? Is it a retirement system or just Old People Welfare?
    I dont believe it should exist at all. If you want to retire--meaning not work to support yourself--you have to prepare for that day by saving. If I had had the 12% of my lifetime income to invest myself rather than have it taken by the state for SS taxes, I would be retired now. But as it is now, I dont consider it welfare since what you take out is based upon what you paid in. As far as government programs go, it is hardly the worst, but like most things, I dont believe the state should be involved in that sort of thing.

  8. #538
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Property taxes? LOL!
    real property is taxed under the assumption that state functions are used to maintain or protect that property such as fire, police and garbage

    nice try but fail

    why should a painting, firearm collection or a 100K in stock be taxed merely for being owned


    and its fun watching liberals on these issues

    you all will engage in massive evasion or quibbling to defend an idiotic claim by a fellow traveler

    you apparently understand that whining about wealth has no relevance to income taxes but you will divert because you don't want to allow a pro freedom poster to correct a member of the Tax the rich more crowd

  9. #539
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    I dont believe it should exist at all. If you want to retire--meaning not work to support yourself--you have to prepare for that day by saving. If I had had the 12% of my lifetime income to invest myself rather than have it taken by the state for SS taxes, I would be retired now. But as it is now, I dont consider it welfare since what you take out is based upon what you paid in. As far as government programs go, it is hardly the worst, but like most things, I dont believe the state should be involved in that sort of thing.
    I understood your libertarian bent for what you think should be, I was more concerned about your take on what is. Thank you for your input.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  10. #540
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    real property is taxed under the assumption that state functions are used to maintain or protect that property such as fire, police and garbage

    nice try but fail

    why should a painting, firearm collection or a 100K in stock be taxed merely for being owned


    and its fun watching liberals on these issues

    you all will engage in massive evasion or quibbling to defend an idiotic claim by a fellow traveler

    you apparently understand that whining about wealth has no relevance to income taxes but you will divert because you don't want to allow a pro freedom poster to correct a member of the Tax the rich more crowd
    No, I've had the same opinion about taxing wealth ever since you started your "pay for what you use" nonsense. If we pay for what we use then at least half of the cost of the military should be based on wealth since that's a large part of what they're defending. You started me thinking along those lines, so don't blame it on anyone else. LOL!
    Last edited by MoSurveyor; 07-28-12 at 10:09 AM.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

Page 54 of 80 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •