Page 32 of 80 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 791

Thread: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

  1. #311
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,590

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    This is simply done to prevent tax avoidance.
    How does it do that?

  2. #312
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    For some reason, few seem to be discussing the reality of Obama's spending, preferring the raw numbers without the context of population growth and costs inherited by the President.
    That's because they are not discussing facts; they are propagating propaganda. Unfortunately there are too many that are insufficiently astute to determine the difference.

  3. #313
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,703

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    For some reason, few seem to be discussing the reality of Obama's spending, preferring the raw numbers without the context of population growth and costs inherited by the President.
    That is ONE way to look at it, here is another: U.S. Federal Deficits, Presidents, and Congress
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #314
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:28 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,843

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    That is ONE way to look at it, here is another: U.S. Federal Deficits, Presidents, and Congress

    Like I wrote - RAW numbers without context
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  5. #315
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    God forbid that he actually pushed for tax equality instead of his tired mantra of punish the rich. Of course, during his whole regime, he has only tried to help those who might keep him in power instead of trying to fix problems for all Americans. His whole punish the sucessful to support the lazy would be funny if it wasn't so bad for so many.

  6. #316
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    The Democrats will let the Bush tax-cuts expire on Dec. 31st, and then on January 1st propose a tax-cut for the Middle class.

    this will keep the GOPers from violating the Norquist Pledge.

  7. #317
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:28 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,843

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    This whole "punish the sucessful" meme is getting old. It's just another fine example of Luntz-style redefinition of reality for the learning-impaired.

    Raising taxes on that percent of the population which has profited so greatly over the past 10 years is hardly "punishment"
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  8. #318
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Raising taxes on that percent of the population which has profited so greatly over the past 10 years is hardly "punishment"
    Easy words when you are not in that 10 percent...
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  9. #319
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    This whole "punish the sucessful" meme is getting old. It's just another fine example of Luntz-style redefinition of reality for the learning-impaired.

    Raising taxes on that percent of the population which has profited so greatly over the past 10 years is hardly "punishment"
    asking the wealthiest Americans to have their tax rate increased by 3%, isn't "punishment".

    they will still be able to buy their fancy cars, yachst, tanning beds, and Yankees box-seats.

    infact, there is no evidence whatsoever that not extending their current tax-rates, would effect their spending one bit.

  10. #320
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Obama to call for middle class tax cut extension

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    This whole "punish the sucessful" meme is getting old. It's just another fine example of Luntz-style redefinition of reality for the learning-impaired.

    Raising taxes on that percent of the population which has profited so greatly over the past 10 years is hardly "punishment"
    LOL, that is funny coming from a Socialist who are normally the extreme in the arguement of equality. You do realize that you claim to be a Socialist but you are arguing against treating people equally?

Page 32 of 80 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •